Hello, Can anyone at Rogers tell me, with Bell and Telus getting the Iphone why in the heck will Rogers not expand their inventory and compete and offer its customers a better selection of phones like the Storm 2????? It seems any exclusivity deal they had is now shot!!
    Thank You
    Last edited by Hwycop; 10-07-09 at 07:00 AM. Reason: clean up language
    10-07-09 06:56 AM
    Hello, Can anyone at Rogers tell me, with Bell and Telus getting the Iphone why in the heck will Rogers not expand their inventory and compete and offer its customers a better selection of phones like the Storm 2????? It seems any exclusivity deal they had is now shot!!
    Thank You
    I always found rogers to have a great selection of devices. Not to mention you can always bring your own. The Storm was a bit underwhelming so they made a good call on that one. I heard they will get the Storm 2.
    10-07-09 10:58 AM
    I always found rogers to have a great selection of devices. Not to mention you can always bring your own. The Storm was a bit underwhelming so they made a good call on that one. I heard they will get the Storm 2.
    I keep hearing they will not get it. I have asked at several differnt Rogers stores, in different cities and the reps all give the same line. They don't want to carry another touchscreen outside of the iphone. But if Bell and Telus get the iphone, then I think they would lose alot of business unless they start to have the same variety of Blackberries that Bell and Telus have as well. But the last rep I spoke to did not even know about the 9700. So I don't know how in the dark some of these guys or gals are.
    10-07-09 02:25 PM
    I keep hearing they will not get it. I have asked at several differnt Rogers stores, in different cities and the reps all give the same line. They don't want to carry another touchscreen outside of the iphone. But if Bell and Telus get the iphone, then I think they would lose alot of business unless they start to have the same variety of Blackberries that Bell and Telus have as well. But the last rep I spoke to did not even know about the 9700. So I don't know how in the dark some of these guys or gals are.
    I know people who work for rogers, and the store and phone reps really do not find things out until last minute sometimes. Dosen't mean they will get the Storm 2, but dosen't mean they wont.

If you really want a storm 2 you can always buy one off an other provider and stick your sim card in it. No doubt Bell launching a GSM network will force rogers out of their fat couch and to stand on their toes.
    10-07-09 05:18 PM
    if rogers doesn't get the storm 2 and you do decide to purchase it from a different carrier make sure you do your research to find out whether or not NA 3G speeds work.
    10-07-09 06:14 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys
    10-08-09 09:35 AM
    I was just perusing through my latest online Rogers bill, and under Rogers Bulletin Board, I found this:

ANNOUNCING A NEW WAY TO MONITOR YOUR DATA USAGE & A CHANGE TO THE MAXIMUM MONTHLY DATA LIMIT

Beginning this fall you'll be able to monitor your data usage right from your wireless device (on select handsets) or online through Rogers.com. For those with access to the Rogers Mobile Internet Portal, simply launch the internet browser, and select MY ACCOUNT then select VIEW DATA USAGE, and within seconds you'll know exactly how much data you've used - it's worry-free data protection right at your fingertips.

We limit the maximum monthly amount you can be charged for data usage. Please note that effective on the date of your next invoice the limit will increase to $500 in addition to your data plan's monthly service fee (if applicable) and taxes (previously $100 including your data plan's monthly service fee). Also, to help you control costs we will continue to send you text message alerts when you've reached 80% and 100% of your allocated data bucket. All other aspects of your wireless service will remain the same.

If you have any questions, call us at *611, free of charge from your wireless device.

Is this grounds to apply that clause which we recently heard about where if they change the terms of your contract, you can back out of it without paying an ECF?
    Last edited by friedriceballer; 10-11-09 at 01:48 PM.
    10-11-09 01:45 PM
    I would think not. They are not changing the amount of data that you are allowed or the pricing on your contract, so they haven't violated anything.

From what I read, they are only changing the max amount they can charge you for exceeding your data bucket, which is totally in your control. Don't go over, don't pay more.

I can see that people may have been going nuts and using way more data than their bucket knowing they would only be charged a max of $100 for overages. Rogers would have no reason to raise the max charge if it wasn't being abused on a regular basis.
    10-11-09 06:14 PM
    If it's writen in the contract then I think it might be able to pass.

I wonder thought, if you cancel the contract base don that, can you get a new rogers account afterwards?
    10-11-09 08:14 PM
    Hi, i recently got a BB pearl flip. andi want to run newbex radio. It is saying i need to change the TCP settings, i know how to do it but need to know that the informaiton is. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks
    10-12-09 01:32 PM
    Hi, i recently got a BB pearl flip. andi want to run newbex radio. It is saying i need to change the TCP settings, i know how to do it but need to know that the informaiton is. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks
    Go to Options, Advanced Options, TCP and inter the following:
    APN: Internet.com
    Username: wapuser1
    Password: wap
    10-13-09 01:39 PM
    I was just perusing through my latest online Rogers bill, and under Rogers Bulletin Board, I found this:

ANNOUNCING A NEW WAY TO MONITOR YOUR DATA USAGE & A CHANGE TO THE MAXIMUM MONTHLY DATA LIMIT

Beginning this fall you'll be able to monitor your data usage right from your wireless device (on select handsets) or online through Rogers.com. For those with access to the Rogers Mobile Internet Portal, simply launch the internet browser, and select MY ACCOUNT then select VIEW DATA USAGE, and within seconds you'll know exactly how much data you've used - it's worry-free data protection right at your fingertips.

We limit the maximum monthly amount you can be charged for data usage. Please note that effective on the date of your next invoice the limit will increase to $500 in addition to your data plan's monthly service fee (if applicable) and taxes (previously $100 including your data plan's monthly service fee). Also, to help you control costs we will continue to send you text message alerts when you've reached 80% and 100% of your allocated data bucket. All other aspects of your wireless service will remain the same.

If you have any questions, call us at *611, free of charge from your wireless device.

Is this grounds to apply that clause which we recently heard about where if they change the terms of your contract, you can back out of it without paying an ECF?
    From Rogers Terms of Service, page 1
    http://your.rogers.com/about/legaldi...er/TOS_Eng.pdf

Unless otherwise specified in the Service Agreement, we may change, at any time, any charges, features, content, programming, structure or any other aspects of the Services, as well as any term or provision of the Service Agreement, upon notice to you. If you do not accept a change to the Services, your sole remedy is to terminate the Service Agreement and the Services provided under the Service Agreement, within 30 days of your receipt of our notice of change to the Services (unless we specify a different notice period), by providing us with advance notice of termination pursuant to Section 31. If you do not accept a change to these Terms, your sole remedy is to retain the existing Terms unchanged for the duration of the Commitment Period (as defined below), upon notice to us within 30 days of your receipt of our notice of change in the Terms.
    There you have it!
    10-13-09 01:44 PM
    Just wondering, I've been with Rogers since December. Still stuck with the same plan I've been whining about on here. All my bills have been paid on time, and I haven't gone over anything. However, if I were to call retentions, or even visit an in-store rep, is it at all likely they would change the MY10 on the student 55 plan to the $20 Smartphone value pack? I tried their online e-mail request and they said they didn't do it, "Why not add the $20 smartphone value pack to the Student 55 Plan?"
    10-13-09 07:16 PM

From Rogers Terms of Service, page 1
    http://your.rogers.com/about/legaldi...er/TOS_Eng.pdf

Unless otherwise specified in the Service Agreement, we may change, at any time, any charges, features, content, programming, structure or any other aspects of the Services, as well as any term or provision of the Service Agreement, upon notice to you. If you do not accept a change to the Services, your sole remedy is to terminate the Service Agreement and the Services provided under the Service Agreement, within 30 days of your receipt of our notice of change to the Services (unless we specify a different notice period), by providing us with advance notice of termination pursuant to Section 31. If you do not accept a change to these Terms, your sole remedy is to retain the existing Terms unchanged for the duration of the Commitment Period (as defined below), upon notice to us within 30 days of your receipt of our notice of change in the Terms.

There you have it!
    So is that a yes or no to my question?
    10-13-09 08:36 PM
    not grounds to cancel without ECF, sorry lol
    10-14-09 11:18 AM
    I'm Riley, I work for Digital Communications (Rogers Dealer) in North Edmonton. PM or PIN me with any questions if you are in the area.
    10-18-09 03:06 PM
    I'm Riley, I work for Digital Communications (Rogers Dealer) in North Edmonton. PM or PIN me with any questions if you are in the area.
    Hi Riley

Have you heard when Rogers is going to get either phone 9700 or S2? Any dummy devices yet? Marketing material etc?
    10-19-09 06:30 PM
    Neither have been officially announced and no POP...but I would have to think we will be first to get the 9700, hopefully.
    10-19-09 11:44 PM
    I talked to a Rogers rep in Mississauga and I was told that the Bold 9700 would be there in November. When I asked about the Storm2 his reply was we got the iPhone. The other rep there said that he would take the Bold 9700 over the Storm2. I'm debating between the Storm2 or Bold 9700 as my first Blackberry. Any comments on the Bold 9700 over the Storm2? Anyone heard if the Storm2 is coming to Rogers for sure? Thank you.
    10-26-09 10:06 PM
    Date of 9700 is unkown, all is speculation...

Storm 2 is unknown all together...
    10-27-09 11:07 AM
    I talked to a Rogers rep in Mississauga and I was told that the Bold 9700 would be there in November. When I asked about the Storm2 his reply was we got the iPhone. The other rep there said that he would take the Bold 9700 over the Storm2. I'm debating between the Storm2 or Bold 9700 as my first Blackberry. Any comments on the Bold 9700 over the Storm2? Anyone heard if the Storm2 is coming to Rogers for sure? Thank you.
    I went through the same thing, If you prefer to have a physical keyboard or type a lot of emails or blackberry messenger then get the Bold 9700. If you like to surf the net a lot the Storm 2 or Iphone would be better.
    10-27-09 03:46 PM
    Would someone be able to help me get an unlock code from rogers? Im in the US now and would like to use my bold.
    10-27-09 10:25 PM
    will the 9700 be on the Retentions HUP list?

was the 9000 on the retentions HUP list when it was released last year, along with the 8900? if so then i'd guess the 9700 would be as well..

i have an agreement with Rogers Retention saying i can get an early HUP on any phone on their Retentions HUP list... not their regular HUP list so i just wanna know trends..

one guy told me he has never seen a blackberry not go on the retentions hup list before..but like some reps.. he could be wrong
    10-28-09 12:11 PM
    i'm a rogers blackberry tech support rep..i haven't seen a set in stone date for the 9700 yet, but i do know we don't have the handheld code for the 8520 on our tech support site...desktop manager 5.0 creates intellisync errors for the 8520 as of today, i spent over an hour on the phone with a guy today because the 5.0 DTM gave him an intellisync error, so i cleared out his intellisync folder then uninstalled DTM 5.0, and put 4.7 in it's place, reconfigured the sync and he was good...
    11-02-09 07:20 PM
    i'm a rogers blackberry tech support rep..i haven't seen a set in stone date for the 9700 yet, but i do know we don't have the handheld code for the 8520 on our tech support site...desktop manager 5.0 creates intellisync errors for the 8520 as of today, i spent over an hour on the phone with a guy today because the 5.0 DTM gave him an intellisync error, so i cleared out his intellisync folder then uninstalled DTM 5.0, and put 4.7 in it's place, reconfigured the sync and he was good...
    9700 Release November 4th. Already on Rogers.com Listed @ $299.99 on a 3 year term. Buy out is $599.99. Weird because the 9000 buy out is $649.99 ? lol.
    11-03-09 04:23 AM
951 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD