Any idea on a 9700 or Storm2 release date... leaving bell for telus and a tour (or storm2 fingers crossed) in about a week i believe unless either of these devices get confirmed for rogers...
    09-23-09 03:24 PM
    Hopefully this hasn't been answered already, and I'm sorry in advance if it has.

I'm currently waiting in (agonizing LOL) anticipation for the BlackBerry Bold 9700 AKA Onyx. I got my 8900 and signed a 3-year contract with Rogers in March of this year. Someone in the Onyx forum mentioned that Rogers has a new rule that if buying a phone without a contract, there's a 125 day mandatory delay before they would be able to sell one to me. If it's true, and the rumored release date on Rogers for this phone is anywhere from mid October to late November, that would mean I would have to wait until mid February to late March to buy one.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?
    09-24-09 09:52 AM
    I just had training on the onyx the other day. So means in about 30-60 days it will launch.
    09-25-09 04:07 PM
    I just had training on the onyx the other day. So means in about 30-60 days it will launch.
    Nice! i can't wait to buy it!
    09-25-09 07:26 PM
    I love you.

But what about what someone else said a couple posts up, if we just want the phone by itself are we going to have to wait 125 days??
    09-25-09 10:59 PM
    Very interested in this possible as well as I planned on picking up the Odin when it comes out (confirmed in a recent podcast that it is coming to Rogers)
    09-26-09 12:54 AM
    Rogers BB Tech Rep any validity in the storm 2 going to be at rogers in the near future/ If so, which will come first the 9700 or S2?

Last question, if I switch to rogers in the next week and pick up the bold 9000, is there any way to return it for the 9700 or S2 when it comes out with only paying the difference in the devices value at the time of purchase?
    09-26-09 01:42 PM
    Rogers reps have not received training on it yet, They have received training on the Gemini, 8520, not the 9700.
    09-26-09 05:06 PM
    Rogers reps have not received training on it yet, They have received training on the Gemini, 8520, not the 9700.
    By his username i assume he's a Tech! so his statement might be true,!
    09-26-09 05:54 PM
    Someone in the Onyx forum mentioned that Rogers has a new rule that if buying a phone without a contract, there's a 125 day mandatory delay before they would be able to sell one to me. If it's true, and the rumored release date on Rogers for this phone is anywhere from mid October to late November, that would mean I would have to wait until mid February to late March to buy one.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I hope that's not true or I will cry. I have to buy the phone outright as well.
    09-26-09 10:55 PM
    i phoned rogers tonight to ask and was put on hold and then told " i don't think so, nothing I have states that as truth in any way". She then told me to call my local rogers store because the toll free # people "don't do that". I guess selling phones (ordering phones off their site) isin't something they take care of.
    09-26-09 10:57 PM
    Rogers BB Tech Rep any validity in the storm 2 going to be at rogers in the near future/ If so, which will come first the 9700 or S2?

Last question, if I switch to rogers in the next week and pick up the bold 9000, is there any way to return it for the 9700 or S2 when it comes out with only paying the difference in the devices value at the time of purchase?
    Rogers will NOT be carrying any storms as they are NOT interested in a touch berry in their line up..
    09-27-09 12:07 AM
    which contradicts both what was said in a latest podcast confirming that it'll be coming to Rogers as well as what a forum moderator (Crucial Extreme) has confirmed as well months ago.

Before making your statements whats your source, pics, proof?
    09-27-09 03:40 AM
    i fi could find the artilce that was POSTED on here then i would post it..

i don't really care... all i was sayin is there was a artivle about it on here afew weeks or a month ago and it was said rogers doesnt want a touch screen berry in their line up..

so go look urself as i dunt need ot look it for u.
    09-27-09 06:34 PM
    Does any Rogers Rep know if the 500MB data plan's price will be going down anytime soon?
    09-28-09 11:30 PM
    Does Rogers have a data plan specifically for GPS maps?

I read this in a thread on this forum that Rogers had (in 2008) a data plan specifically for GPS data, so you could download unlimited map-data when using BB GPS, but can't use it for surfing.
    09-28-09 11:35 PM
    How much does it cost to break a BlackBerry contract with 12 months left? I heard for 'dumb' phones it's $20/month remaining. What about smart phones?

I've been with Rogers for 2 years in November and am seriously considering leaving and moving to Bell/Telus with their new network coming soon.
    09-29-09 01:02 AM
    Hello, I still have heard conflicting info. on if Rogers will get the Storm 2. Is there any new information on that. Also my wife has a pearl ( on my corporate plan )which will hit the 2 year mark in February. How much would it cost to upgrade a couple months early. Thanks in advance Rogers Reps.
    10-01-09 03:24 PM
    Hello, this may have already been asked but I am not going through all the posts lol

If I send an International Text through WiFi (UMA mode), I don't have to pay the international texting charge do I?
    10-01-09 08:01 PM
    I have a question for Rogers reps. Hopefully this gets solved here and i don't have to call in!

I got the Curve 8900 last Dec (2008) when I signed on for 3 more years on a retentions plan. Part of the retentions plan included getting a SAF credit for an year. With Rogers removing the SAF fee for new customers, I was wondering if I would be paying the SAF once the year is up. I assume that I would be, since it was just a credit for an year. Is this the case? I just wanted to confirm this or hear great news that I won't be paying any SAF in the future. Or would I be paying their new Gov't B.S. fee they invented? LOL
    10-02-09 05:58 AM
    Hello, this may have already been asked but I am not going through all the posts lol

If I send an International Text through WiFi (UMA mode), I don't have to pay the international texting charge do I?
    I am NOT a rogers rep, but I am VERY certain that you would get charged. The cost is not really to get it from your Cell to the tower, but from the rogers network overseas. Even with UMA you get charged long distance phone charges.
    10-02-09 09:04 AM
    I have a question for Rogers reps. Hopefully this gets solved here and i don't have to call in!

I got the Curve 8900 last Dec (2008) when I signed on for 3 more years on a retentions plan. Part of the retentions plan included getting a SAF credit for an year. With Rogers removing the SAF fee for new customers, I was wondering if I would be paying the SAF once the year is up. I assume that I would be, since it was just a credit for an year. Is this the case? I just wanted to confirm this or hear great news that I won't be paying any SAF in the future. Or would I be paying their new Gov't B.S. fee they invented? LOL
    You now have a choice, keep your grandfathered plan, SAF and all, or take the new plan with the "gov fee" and the extra 5$ added to the plan.
    10-02-09 09:05 AM
    If I called the Blackberry Support line and asked them if they could change my BIS settings or whatever so that the Rogers Mall, Get More Apps, Get More Games, Flickr, Facebook, Myspace, etc service books don't get sent to my phone every time, is that even possible? Would they do that, or would I just be wasting my time?

Alternatively, I could just delete the books on each reset or each time I re-send them. I figured out which ones to delete by trial & error, but ideally I'd like them to just not be sent in the first place. And, before anyone says it, yes, I know I can hide the icons.

The way I look at it is that I'm the one paying the bills and I'm definitely not paying Rogers to tell me what I want or need to have in terms of apps on my own personal phone... even less so since it's not even from them, it's a Verizon Storm.
    10-02-09 12:22 PM
    where'd all the reps go?
    10-03-09 03:33 PM
    where'd all the reps go?
    Hopefully they are all busy training for the iminent launch of the Blackberry Bold 9700 :-)
    10-04-09 07:08 PM
951 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD