Hey Matthew,

Just wondering if you have encountered the problem when viewing images on google search if you only get half the image and the site thats hosts it cuts the lower half off. Any thoughts?

Cordero
    01-24-09 11:58 AM
    Not really a rep, but I work at the communications department at Futureshop. I can activate/upgrade phones and I know my way around sales central... But that's about it lol
    02-02-09 02:11 PM
    Hello to any rep that can help me.

I did a hardware upgrade to a 8220 in November 08. Now that the 8900 has come out I am told by Rogers that I can't do another hardware upgrade until a year from now.

My only option that I have it to buy one privately or from a cell store say in Pacific Mall.

Now if I buy a locked to Rogers BNIB 8900 and if something is defective that a simple OS upgrade does not resolve and I need to send it to RIM under warranty...

- Do I need a receipt for that 8900 I bought off Craigslist or just the UPC off the box in order for RIM to except my 8900 for warranty work?

I'm guessing 99% of the 8900's being sold on Craigslist are hardware upgrades that are being resold but I'm not sure if the seller is willing to give a copy of their reciept to a buyer.

Thanks for the inputs in advanced.
    02-06-09 04:20 PM
    ^

No you do not need a receipt, the Rogers BB Technical Support can check if your device is still under warranty through your PIN. (I bought my Bold off craigslist and did a warranty replacement, no receipt asked, only PIN)
    02-06-09 05:12 PM
    I heard from a buddy nwho works at one of the Brampton Rogers stores that the Storm is coming to Rogers in March. Can you shed some light?
    02-06-09 11:52 PM
    GIP: Price This Out for Me:
    700 Daytime Minutes
    Unlimited Evenings and Weekends at 6
    Rogers-to-Rogers
    Unlimited Incoming
    2500 SMS
    $15 Email and Messenger Plan
    Caller ID
    Maybe a please or smtg would have sounded polite.
    02-07-09 12:09 AM
    I heard from a buddy nwho works at one of the Brampton Rogers stores that the Storm is coming to Rogers in March. Can you shed some light?

No info atm. Hope it's gonna be soon :P
    02-07-09 12:11 AM
    Maybe a please or smtg would have sounded polite.
    Heh. Thanks for setting him straight!

QUOTING KAKIMOTO09(sp?):
    700 Daytime Minutes
    Unlimited Evenings and Weekends at 6
    Rogers-to-Rogers
    Unlimited Incoming
    2500 SMS
    $15 Email and Messenger Plan
    Caller ID

$106.73, 3 year term, qualifies for any BlackBerry device at promotional price.
    02-08-09 10:44 AM
    is the 17.50 plan still on promotion??
    02-09-09 04:54 PM
    17.5 Plan is extended until further notice
    02-10-09 07:27 PM
    Does anyone know if the $2 name display option will display landline names from PEI? the description from rogers.com only says ONT and eastern canada.
    02-10-09 10:35 PM
    Are there any good voice and data plans for users that do not want to sign a three year contract?

Do you have to sign a 3 yr contract for the 17.50 EPP?

Thanks!
    02-12-09 10:28 AM
    Does anyone know if the $2 name display option will display landline names from PEI? the description from rogers.com only says ONT and eastern canada.
    I would call Rogers to check but it should work I would guess, it even works when I'm out of town and out of province!
    02-13-09 01:26 AM
    Are there any good voice and data plans for users that do not want to sign a three year contract?

Do you have to sign a 3 yr contract for the 17.50 EPP?

Thanks!
    I wouldn't fret too much over a contract to be quite honest. As your needs change, so can your plan. I've managed to go through 2 3-year contracts without end and I just change my plan to suit my needs and budget. Sure, a call to retentions does help as well!

Unfortunately, there aren't any good voice and data plans for users not signing for 3 years.

If you're looking to possibly keep your options open until some of the new carriers break into the scene, I would give yourself a few years for their maturity and a 3 year term might just be enough

Yes, the 17.50 EPP is on 3-year term only.
    02-13-09 01:30 AM
    Is the $30/6GB plan not available anymore?
    They pulled out of the 6GB plan.* Way too much data that no one was using.* Only 5% of people go over 500MBs of data.* I was on my internet all the time and i only used 4.* I used off my WIFI and now doing a test to see how much data i`m using.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 12:16 PM
    No info atm. Hope it's gonna be soon :P
    Word is that Rogers is having them redo the touch screen before we get it. They dont want to get the same garbage that telus and bell did. Again, only what i`ve heard floating around.

02-13-09 12:20 PM
    Hello,

I've been reading through this and its quite interesting.

My question is: I have received unlimited in/out calls for the first six months of my 3 year contract and I'm liking the fact that I don't have to worry about daytime! Would it be possible if I speak withRogers and arrange something like I pay extra but have the unlimited local calling available for the whole duration of the contract?

Thanks!

02-14-09 01:35 PM
    I just currently purchased a phone off applicant.ca (apparantly a Rogers Wireless Cell Phone Dealer online).

I am a previous Rogers Pay-As-You-Go customer that switched to a 3 year plan. I paid $199.99 for the Bold and selected the BlackBerry 75 Plan which is a monthly rate of $75. This is what the plan includes:

- 550 weekday minutes
    - unlimited evening and weekends (I believe starting at 9PM, correct me if I'm wrong)
    - unlimited nation wide rogers to rogers calling
    - 1GB of Data
    - call waiting, call forwarding
    - 2,500 received text messages. $0.15 per text sent
    - 'Data & Internet' 7MB
    - plus all those additional charges

There are also bonuses to signing up for a 3 year plan such as:

- 3 months unlimited local calling
    - unlimited email & browsing for the first 3 months when activating a 3-year term voice and data contract on data plans of 25 MB or higher

My first question is, is the above "unlimited email & browsing..." bonus included in my BlackBerry 75 plan?
    Does the 1GB of Data include 1GB of internet browsing / emailing / im / text / video streaming? or is that the 'Data & Internet 7MB' ?
    Is it best if I include any of the value packs or does the above fit the data plans?
    This was one of the only two plans I could choose from, the other one was a BlackBerry 50 plan where the only differences would be 150 Daytime minutes rather than the 550 and 500MB of data.
    All in all, is this a good deal?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this phone will be sent and used in PEI, Canada. If that makes any differences.
    Last edited by cruciaL; 02-14-09 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Forgot additions
    02-14-09 05:06 PM
    Hello,

I've been reading through this and its quite interesting.

My question is: I have received unlimited in/out calls for the first six months of my 3 year contract and I'm liking the fact that I don't have to worry about daytime! Would it be possible if I speak withRogers and arrange something like I pay extra but have the unlimited local calling available for the whole duration of the contract?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is not possible through Rogers as those first 6 (usually 3) months of unlimited local calling are not charged overage is because they are used to measure whether your plan will fit your needs.

Unlimited INcoming is an option as well as Unlimited OUTgoing to Rogers, Fido and Rogers Home Phone subscribers ONLY.
    02-14-09 09:34 PM
    I just currently purchased a phone off applicant.ca (apparantly a Rogers Wireless Cell Phone Dealer online).

I am a previous Rogers Pay-As-You-Go customer that switched to a 3 year plan. I paid $199.99 for the Bold and selected the BlackBerry 75 Plan which is a monthly rate of $75. This is what the plan includes:

- 550 weekday minutes
    - unlimited evening and weekends (I believe starting at 9PM, correct me if I'm wrong)
    - unlimited nation wide rogers to rogers calling
    - 1GB of Data
    - call waiting, call forwarding
    - 2,500 received text messages. $0.15 per text sent
    - 'Data & Internet' 7MB
    - plus all those additional charges

There are also bonuses to signing up for a 3 year plan such as:

- 3 months unlimited local calling
    - unlimited email & browsing for the first 3 months when activating a 3-year term voice and data contract on data plans of 25 MB or higher

My first question is, is the above "unlimited email & browsing..." bonus included in my BlackBerry 75 plan?
    Does the 1GB of Data include 1GB of internet browsing / emailing / im / text / video streaming? or is that the 'Data & Internet 7MB' ?
    Is it best if I include any of the value packs or does the above fit the data plans?
    This was one of the only two plans I could choose from, the other one was a BlackBerry 50 plan where the only differences would be 150 Daytime minutes rather than the 550 and 500MB of data.
    All in all, is this a good deal?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this phone will be sent and used in PEI, Canada. If that makes any differences.

I believe it would be very reasonable to use the first 3 months to understand your wireless usage needs, then it may be better to decide whether the plan is a good fit for you.
    Last edited by matthew.gip; 02-14-09 at 09:41 PM.
    02-14-09 09:38 PM
    Thanks for making a reply. However, I'm still not sure on the difference between the `1GB of Data` and the `Data & Internet 7MB`. (Both of which is included in my plan)

Please explain.
    02-16-09 06:17 AM
    Fido retail sales reporting in.

(do we count now that we have the 8100 and perhaps future models?)
    02-18-09 03:47 AM
    Hello!

I am looking to get a hardware upgrade with Rogers. I have been with them for over 10 years. I am currently using a Palm Treo 680. I would like to upgrade do the BB Bold. I called Customer Service yesterday night and I got quoted a price of $ 250.00 + TXS. Way above my budget. After reading some comment on CB forums, it is possible to get the phone for free by signing up for 3 years and getting a minimum data plan of 15$. At the current time I have a 25$/monthly with:
    � Rogers to Rogers.
    � Unlimited incoming
    � Weekend and weeknight from 6PM
    � Enhance voicemail
    � 275 minutes in weekdays
    � Caller ID
    � 100 Long distance minutes (across Canada)
    � + SAF, 911 & TXS.

I am looking at a plan of 35$/monthly, by getting a hardware upgrade and renewing my contract for 3 years, with:
    � The same plan that I have.
    � And adding the 500 MB, data plan.

Could some help me out in finding a way how to get this plan? I do know it is possible.

I appreciate your input and help. Thanks and kind regards.

Mutotojr
    02-18-09 10:29 AM
    Hello!

I am looking to get a hardware upgrade with Rogers. I have been with them for over 10 years. I am currently using a Palm Treo 680. I would like to upgrade do the BB Bold. I called Customer Service yesterday night and I got quoted a price of $ 250.00 + TXS. Way above my budget. After reading some comment on CB forums, it is possible to get the phone for free by signing up for 3 years and getting a minimum data plan of 15$. At the current time I have a 25$/monthly with:
    � Rogers to Rogers.
    � Unlimited incoming
    � Weekend and weeknight from 6PM
    � Enhance voicemail
    � 275 minutes in weekdays
    � Caller ID
    � 100 Long distance minutes (across Canada)
    � + SAF, 911 & TXS.

I am looking at a plan of 35$/monthly, by getting a hardware upgrade and renewing my contract for 3 years, with:
    � The same plan that I have.
    � And adding the 500 MB, data plan.

Could some help me out in finding a way how to get this plan? I do know it is possible.

I appreciate your input and help. Thanks and kind regards.

Mutotojr
    First off, Welcome to CB!

I have to say that a lot of what you read is mostly about other members who have been tagged for promotion. I can see you've been selectively reading these posts and have ignored the minimum data requirements to get the phone is $45 Voice and Data combined. So your goal of $35/month is not possible. $249.99 + taxes right now is the standard retail price for the phone so you've definitely been given the same price as a new customer, which is good.

A fair warning to you and any other members who want what other members have posted about, each case is different and you will not always get what other members have received in the past.

But other than that, feel free to post anything else you may need help with or wish to share.

Enjoy your stay at CB

matthew.gip
    02-18-09 11:04 AM
    Did Fido start providing Blackberry services?
    02-19-09 11:52 PM
951 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD