We know that accidents happen and that�s why we created a new Handset Protection Guarantee, which will help cover the cost of repair or replacement in the event that your device is lost, stolen or broken. What�s more, we guarantee that there�s always at least one replacement device option at $0 with new or existing term commitment of at least 12 months.

While you wait for your device to be repaired or your new replacement device to be ordered, we�ll hook you up with a courtesy phone while you wait. This guarantee, a first to be offered at no additional cost in Canada, applies even if your device is out of warranty.

How does the program work?
    Starting May 24, customers with an eligible lost, stolen or broken device can either call 1-888-ROGERS1 or visit a Rogers store to participate in the program. In the event of a lost or stolen device, Rogers will offer you a $0 or subsidized replacement device on your first out of warranty occurrence. In the event of a broken device, you can choose to take advantage of a discount toward a replacement device or Rogers will assess the damage, provide a subsidized quote* and repair the device within 10 business days. Replacement options will include both refurbished and new devices including $0 options.

To keep you connected, Rogers will provide you with a courtesy loaner device until your replacement or repair is complete.

What devices are covered?
    Customers need to have an eligible device to participate in the program. In particular, all new devices in the following categories are eligible including:

All smartphones (including BlackBerry and iPhone devices)
    Voice devices
    Rocket Sticks
    How many times can I use the program?
    You�ll receive a discount on a repair or replacement on your first out of warranty issue. You can use the program as many times as you want, but you�ll only receive the subsidy once per term.

We�ll be providing more details on the program soon at the Rogers website.
    05-13-10 08:59 PM
    any thoughts on this topic?
    05-14-10 01:36 PM
    I'd like to see all the details...I can't imagine Rogers is going to give us something for nothing...
    05-14-10 05:35 PM
    I'd also like to know what hunk-a-dump phone they'll offer as a loaner. I've seen some of my friends with loaner phones from other carriers and wow.. talk about a step back in technology for a looooong time while their phone goes away for repair.

I wouldn't be taking part of this program though. Sounds like another cash grab by rogers (if they're charging to be enrolled in this program). Just becareful with your phone and save yourselves some $.
    05-15-10 10:09 PM
    I'd like to see all the details...I can't imagine Rogers is going to give us something for nothing...
    Yeah, I suspect the devil is in the details... sounds like a nice idea... but I think more details are needed.
    Last edited by shabbs; 05-16-10 at 07:51 AM.
    05-16-10 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD