When anyone give a word to you, with respect to an agreement you expect them to honour that agreement. Let me tell you a 'story'

Last Jan I re-committed to a 3 year deal. I asked that the hardware upgrade be deferred as I did not need one at the moment. 'No worries'

So today I went to a Rogers store, and you guessed it. 'You need to re-commit' (read we want you to be enslaved to us for another three years). Never mind that the billed amount on my bill is a min of 300 dollars a month.

So at least I know what type of company Rogers is.
    11-26-09 03:43 PM
    its really not 3 more years its 3 years from the date you do the hardware upgrade since your last 3 years started in Jan its really only 1 more year added on to the 2 years you would still have remaining without an upgrade

also the term is based on what price you want to pay for the phone if you buy the phone straight up theres not extra years on your contract, when you want the lowest price the phone is sold for then yes its based on a 3 year plan
    Last edited by c_is_for_crackberry; 11-26-09 at 04:15 PM.
    11-26-09 04:08 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something.

You recommitted to 3 more years last year. You opted out of an equipment upgrade at that time.

So why did you walk into a store today?
    11-26-09 04:13 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something.

You recommitted to 3 more years last year. You opted out of an equipment upgrade at that time.

So why did you walk into a store today?
    Because I DEFERED the hardware upgrade till today

In other words I did NOT get a new phone even though I could have
    11-26-09 04:26 PM
    its really not 3 more years its 3 years from the date you do the hardware upgrade since your last 3 years started in Jan its really only 1 more year added on to the 2 years you would still have remaining without an upgrade

also the term is based on what price you want to pay for the phone if you buy the phone straight up theres not extra years on your contract, when you want the lowest price the phone is sold for then yes its based on a 3 year plan
    so its ok not to honour a commitment given to a customer. just try to justified it way.

wonder what would rogers say if the shoe was on the other foot. i make a commitment and then a year later denie it.

want to guess how far i would get with that?
    11-26-09 04:38 PM
    You can't defer an upgrade. You can only decline.
    11-26-09 04:40 PM
    You can't defer an upgrade. You can only decline.
    That is fine IF that is what i was told.... but that isn't

so now instead of a 'loyal' customer i will buy the phone unlocked and as soon as there is a competition (and both bell and telus are going HSPA......)

Rogers won the battle, but lost the war.

why do you think southwest/westjet can grow so well, and air canada etc don't because of the lack of customer oriented service

justified as much as you want, the end is someone at rogers said no worries, and then did not fullfill. (and for those who think i am making this up, why would i? and since i gave my word for a 3 year deal, and at that time did NOT take a phone... what do you think is the truth?)
    11-26-09 04:48 PM
    Does Rogers not allow you to go month-to-month after the initial contract?
    11-26-09 04:54 PM
    Does Rogers not allow you to go month-to-month after the initial contract?
    Yes and that is what i will be doing. and at the FIRST opportunity i will jump. not only my cell phone but ALL sericies with them.
    11-26-09 04:59 PM
    I think this is more of a misunderstanding.

First, any special arrangement you make needs to be in writing. The person who made that deal with you back then might not remember it or not work for Rogers anymore.

Second, it doesn't make why Rogers would commit to such an arragement when hardware phone cost is unknown in the future.
    11-26-09 05:05 PM
    Yes and that is what i will be doing. and at the FIRST opportunity i will jump. not only my cell phone but ALL sericies with them.
    You should have gone monthly last year when you "deferred" your upgrade. That's how we do it down here. Month to month = I don't want a new phone. I want a new phone = new contract.
    11-26-09 05:06 PM
    I think this is more of a misunderstanding.

First, any special arrangement you make needs to be in writing. The person who made that deal with you back then might not remember it or not work for Rogers anymore.

Second, it doesn't make why Rogers would commit to such an arragement when hardware phone cost is unknown in the future.
    1) true
    2) never talked about cost. when i would have upgraded today, it would have been at the commitment price.

to everyone. one can justify anything. and i am sure the store rep does not see anything wrong. BUT when you are in a monopolistic environment (with little competition) that is fine. But when you do have alternatives, then you can see what happens with Aircanada/westjet.

Southwest airlines etc.

rogers lost my loyalty. i may be with them FOR now, but i don't trust anything they say, do, and will be looking to change.
    11-26-09 05:13 PM
    2) never talked about cost. when i would have upgraded today, it would have been at the commitment price.
    My point is when you made the arrangement one year ago (per your claim), the ETF was this much and the "phone" was that much". Now 1 year later the phone and ETF are at different price. If there was $1,000 phone today (after incentive), you can't expect Rogers to give that phone.
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-26-09 at 05:29 PM.
    11-26-09 05:20 PM
    1) true

to everyone. one can justify anything. and i am sure the store rep does not see anything wrong. BUT when you are in a monopolistic environment (with little competition) that is fine. But when you do have alternatives, then you can see what happens with Aircanada/westjet.

Southwest airlines etc.

rogers lost my loyalty. i may be with them FOR now, but i don't trust anything they say, do, and will be looking to change.
    If you talked to Rogers reps on the phone last time but went into a store today, try calling Rogers again and talk to one of their phone reps. Don't expect a retail store to honor a call center's promise.
    11-26-09 05:27 PM
    You should have gone monthly last year when you "deferred" your upgrade. That's how we do it down here. Month to month = I don't want a new phone. I want a new phone = new contract.
    Bingo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-26-09 07:56 PM
    This is hilarious! Even if you go with telus or bell, there's no such thing as deffering your phone upgrade 1 week later nevermind 1yr later!!!

So cancel at the end if you like but no one is going to do what you're asking wether you spend $25 month or $300 a month.
    11-29-09 11:58 AM
    Interesting ,all I know about sales is they will promise ya the moon,if that's what it takes to seal the deal

12-02-09 10:01 AM
    Last Jan I re-committed to a 3 year deal. I asked that the hardware upgrade be deferred as I did not need one at the moment. 'No worries'
    how exactly did you re-commit? Did someone from Rogers call you??

I, personally, have no idea because i haven't waited more than a year n a half before upgrading, so my contract never technically expires....
    12-02-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD