I have no qualms about badmouthing a company that I feel does me wrong; so in fairness, I should praise a company that does right by me...

I joined Rogers a month ago and got their $50 voice + $25 data plan... $89 when said & done (no contract). Since I don't start working again til January, I only used a tiny fraction of my 450 minutes. I decided this month, I would forgo my data plan and sign up for Pay-as-you-Go. Instead, their Customer Relations put me on a nice little $10 voice only plan, and credited my acount $77 since I barely used their service last month!!!

How often does a company, who already has your money, give money back to you because "it's the right thing to do", without the customer creating a fuss or even asking for it?!

Very happy
    12-01-09 12:40 PM
    seriously? good for you.
    $77, from rogers! nice.

that rogers rep really deserves a commendation, from you.
    12-01-09 02:18 PM
    a company who just lost the right to use the title "fastest and most reliable"
    12-01-09 05:27 PM

Ha ha!! You said it!

Rogers has little or no choice but to be (ever-so) slightly nice to it's customers with lawsuits and competition breathing down their neck.

If they eliminate those two, it will be back to business as usual.
    12-02-09 09:32 AM
    Yeah, I don't doubt it. It's the case with most companies unfortunately.
    Last edited by RealEstateJeff; 12-02-09 at 10:07 AM.
    12-02-09 10:01 AM
    Oh I'm not arguing their network supremacy or anything; just giving props where I feel they're due... much like I'm giving you props for looking that cute in your avatar
    12-02-09 10:05 AM
    Oh I'm not arguing their network supremacy or anything; just giving props where I feel they're due... much like I'm giving you props for looking that cute in your avatar
    haha thanks...
    12-02-09 07:02 PM
    Not trying to deflate your good experience. But when you sign up they bill you for two months, as you always pay a month ahead for the service, and a month behind for your overages, if you have any.
    That 77 dollar credit might be something that you've already been charged for. Id check your last and next invoices.

If not, congrats on getting a quality rep. They are few and far between.
    When I get a great rep, I always ask to speak to a manager after and give them a compliment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 06:56 AM
    Not trying to deflate your good experience. But when you sign up they bill you for two months, as you always pay a month ahead for the service, and a month behind for your overages, if you have any.
    That 77 dollar credit might be something that you've already been charged for. Id check your last and next invoices.

If not, congrats on getting a quality rep. They are few and far between.
    When I get a great rep, I always ask to speak to a manager after and give them a compliment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that didn't happen here. I only joined Rogers 1 month ago. During the first month, I paid my $89 bill, then at the end of the month when I called, the Rep put me on the $10 plan and retroactively adjusted my account as if I was on the $10 plan that first month. So now I'm sitting with something like a negative $75 bill (difference being tax & fees). There definitely won't be any overages... I think I used something like 20 mins of my 450, and 800k of my 500mb
    12-04-09 10:01 AM
    haha thanks...
    Don't you stick your tongue out at me!
    12-04-09 10:02 AM
    Ha ha!! You said it!

Rogers has little or no choice but to be (ever-so) slightly nice to it's customers with lawsuits and competition breathing down their neck.

The term is injunction. Maybe you should look it up.
    12-04-09 09:22 PM
    Don't you stick your tongue out at me!
    12-06-09 04:55 PM
    You're a cheeky bugger aren't ya?!
    12-07-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD