|Is this just a marketing ploy?

Telus Communications Co. is suing Rogers Communications Inc., claiming Rogers no longer has the right to call itself "Canada's most reliable" or "Canada's fastest" network.
    11-18-09 09:53 PM
    Wow...well, first off...

1) Ted Rogers must be turning in his grave right about now. I pretty sure they wouldn't have done something like this had he still been alive, he was a strong business man and wouldn't stand for it at all.

2) Telus needs to stop PMS'ing over their new network. They both have HSPA networks, did everyone know that Rogers had HSPA for sometime now? They were the first to launch the mobile internet sticks for laptops that use the HSPA frequency. But what's even more important is that NEITHER COMPANY HAS A PHONE THAT UTILIZES THE HSPA FREQUENY.

3) Maybe Rogers can change to "Canada's Best Pricing". Although it's not htat much different. They both suck now, prices are pretty much the same.
    11-18-09 10:17 PM
    LOVE IT!!! Let the price wars begin. Just wait got more carriers to enter Canada.
    11-18-09 10:56 PM
    Rogers should definitely drop their ads for "the most reliable" because I've been losing 3G for over 2 months now because of Belus's testings and now their newly launched 3G network. As I type this, all my 3G phones are on EDGE. Rogers needs to get their act together because I am getting annoyed with all this.
    11-18-09 11:48 PM
    ROBBERS is just grasping at straws... they are getting crushed at the CRTC and now this..

the wireless playing field will be completely different very soon...
    11-19-09 01:08 AM
    Well Rogers is still the most reliable network and is faster then telus and bell.

I have done speed tests for all of the above and Rogers is still faster. Reliability is a +1 for Rogers as telus and bell have disruptions like no other service carrier in the world.

Now stack this opinion and factual information with the millions who are on Rogers and knows better to stay as far away from telus and bell as they can.
    11-19-09 05:54 AM
    Well, when you've only got three major wireless providers and their consumer plans and EULAs all suggest collusion (sorry...comparable, competitive - yet somehow still excessive - pricing), the best they can do is offer smoke and mirrors regarding alleged service capabilities.
    11-19-09 07:40 AM
    Technically Rogers is still the most reliable network because they have
    EDGE to fallback on. If Telus' 3G towers goes down, they have nothing to fallback on. So Rogers can still make that claim and have a very good arguement. In terms of the fastest, probably not since their 3G network is horrific now.
    11-19-09 06:53 PM
    Rogers 3G is not horrific i have no issues what so ever and i get on average 4MB on speedtests and maximum of 6.2MB on speedtests.

Now as for Bell and Telus what a joke they are as your lucky to get on average 2MB speed and maximum 4MB, sure some will post they get higher, but that is a rarity.

If people are SOOOOOOOOOOOO unhappy with Rogers like they claim they are. Then please jump ship to bell or telus cause your whining is very annoying to us Real Rogers customers....

Where is telus and bells speedtest results and are they an independent result of Farce internal results made up by those companies themselves?

Rogers has more coverage then bell or telus.

Telus is just a company that is a copycat organization cause they can't do it all themselves. They need bells towers to run piggyback with.

Oh poor poor telus what a joke of a company.

Poor ma bell and all of its unlusterous ROBBING customers of millions of dollars on there nationwide HOME telephone service and longdistance service. No wonder people have turned to Rogers for cell phone service.

Poor ma bells customer service is not fit for a pig to even call and sqeal about as 99% of the time to get a FOREIGN language ansering the phone which can't properly speak ENGLISH and never knows what it is your talking about. Then your transferred to 3-5 reps cause of the IGNORANCE of the the past reps not knowing what it is your saying.

You want the truth that is the truth about telus and bell.

Bell and Telus can both suck on lemons cause that is what both companies produce.
    11-20-09 06:48 AM
    Wow you really do love Rogers. In reality they suck as bad as any of the others and their coverage is no where near as good as Bell and Telus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 07:13 AM
    EDITED by XamDam:

Wow Rogers. In reality their coverage is no where near as good as Bell and Telus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Your absolutely right, cause Rogers is far far better then bell and telus, bell and telus so called good coverage = good for one thing which is in reality good for campaign ads that are not true in order to try and boast about bogus speeds and coverage.

How some people wish to believe bell and teluses lies.
    11-20-09 07:31 AM
    Not sure how Bell/Telus can say that Rogers is not the most reliable just because they now have a new network. Reliability does not come overnight by having a new network. It comes after months/years of real customer satisfaction.

And for the guy above whining about Telus just piggybacking on Bell, this is only the case in the east. Bell piggybacks on Telus' towers in the west. In other words, they share their network. Good for them... That's smart business if you ask me.
    11-20-09 03:29 PM
    Rogers 3G is not horrific i have no issues what so ever and i get on average 4MB on speedtests and maximum of 6.2MB on speedtests.

You may not have any issues, but many people do including myself. I've been having 3G issues for well over 2 months during the time Belus was testing their 3G network. It's apparent that Rogers needs to upgrade their towers because since Belus launched, it's still interfering with the Rogers network. Rogers made a statement and said they are working with Bell to resolve this issue. When? In 2012?? That's great you're not having any issues. But don't assume that others aren't.
    11-20-09 04:10 PM
    You may not have any issues, but many people do including myself. I've been having 3G issues for well over 2 months during the time Belus was testing their 3G network. It's apparent that Rogers needs to upgrade their towers because since Belus launched, it's still interfering with the Rogers network. Rogers made a statement and said they are working with Bell to resolve this issue. When? In 2012?? That's great you're not having any issues. But don't assume that others aren't.
    Yeah in Manitoba Rogers 3G both sucks and blows! Oh look, right now my bold has gone to GPRS again. And I don't see any huge speed differences between 3G and EDGE, the speedtest results from my bold and an 8310 Curve are almost identical.
    11-20-09 04:31 PM
    Coming from Telus (A year and half ago)

Rogers never failed me. NEVER!
    With Telus.. I had texts problems, delayed all the time, I would stop receiving texts for hours and than at 4h in the morning, 30 texts at once.
    Since I've been with Rogers, not once have I received late texts.
    Telus can go <beep> themselves..
    11-20-09 09:10 PM
    All my friends that are on Belus hate it. Their texts are never sent and received, data is ALWAYS an issue for the smartphone users. One of my friends actually got screwed over hard. One of his regular text messaging phone got some type of software issue on it so he took it in and Telus had to send it away. He was 2 years into his 3 year contract when this occured. After 2 months of waiting to get it back they told him it couldn't be fixed they offered to give him a normal flip phone which looked like it was from the 90's for free, "no catch what so ever". So just last week he went back and wanted to upgrade to the new 9700 and it turned out that when they gave him that flip phone they renewed his contract for another 3 years. Nothing he can do about it. He now has to wait another year to be eligible for a upgrade and is stuck with the 90's ghetto flip.
    Last edited by jtran91; 11-20-09 at 10:55 PM.
    11-20-09 10:52 PM
    ". So just last week he went back and wanted to upgrade to the new 9700 and it turned out that when they gave him that flip phone they renewed his contract for another 3 years. Nothing he can do about it. He now has to wait another year to be eligible for a upgrade and is stuck with the 90's ghetto flip.
    Well unfortunately he made the mistake of accepting being told he was locked into a new contract without his consent and for accepting a phone which was not on the same level as the unrepairable phone.I have had somewhat the same experience with Bell changing a plan then realized that they had renewed me for another 3yrs without my consent. I called spoke with a manager and the contract was removed to my old term. they cannot extend your contract without your knowledge and consent, they try for sure but they are not supposed to do that.
    [xamdam Your absolutely right, cause Rogers is far far better then bell and telus, bell and telus so called good coverage = good for one thing which is in reality good for campaign ads that are not true in order to try and boast about bogus speeds and coverage.

How some people wish to believe bell and teluses lies
    .]

You are a true Rogers sheep when it comes to their propaganda. Rogers coverage just plain stinks in and around my area and outside many urban centers you can forget about making a call. I'm not in love with Bell Telus or Rogers they all stink for cost and contract length. I have had service with all three and found Telus and Bell the most reliable for my area and needs plain and simple. If Rogers works for you great. My personal phone is with Bell and my company phone is Rogers and the difference between the two in the same area is sometimes ridiculous as Rogers is almost nil. The new network for Bell and Telus will definitely bring in more great handsets for the customers with SIM switching devices being a big plus for me personally. The fastest most reliable network depends on where you are and when you use it. I would not hesitate to jump ship to another carrier if they met my needs because I have no loyalty to any big corporation. All of the above is IMHO.
    11-21-09 01:12 PM
    UMA is the way to go, no need for 3G

and i 100% agree with xamdam, bell and telus have always sucked compared to rogers and they always will.
    11-21-09 10:45 PM
    wow, this thread went way off topic, i don't care if you think rogers is the bestest company in the whole wide world, and you love them till the day you die.

i wanted peoples opinions about Telus suing rogers.
    11-21-09 11:18 PM
    wow, this thread went way off topic, i don't care if you think rogers is the bestest company in the whole wide world, and you love them till the day you die.

i wanted peoples opinions about Telus suing rogers.
    My opinion over this is, Telus is just being a big b!tch. Not every carrier is perfect. Suing your competitor when you alone have more problems that you have to fix is just dumb. I hope Rogers brings up the case that if Telus' 3G network goes down, 3G users are pretty much effed without data as posted by wirelessgal.
    11-22-09 12:11 AM
    My opinion over this is, Telus is just being a big b!tch. Not every carrier is perfect. Suing your competitor when you alone have more problems that you have to fix is just dumb. I hope Rogers brings up the case that if Telus' 3G network goes down, 3G users are pretty much effed without data as posted by wirelessgal.
    I agree I was way off topic and my bad for that. Your right if data goes down for Bell or Telus its all over. Telus suing Rogers is ridiculous to say the least, instead of paying the lawyers to do this crap maybe the carriers could actually remove the system access fee
    11-22-09 07:07 AM
    I agree I was way off topic and my bad for that. Your right if data goes down for Bell or Telus its all over. Telus suing Rogers is ridiculous to say the least, instead of paying the lawyers to do this crap maybe the carriers could actually remove the system access fee
    Yes! This system access fee is nothing but bs. Gives them a excuse to grab more of your cash. I mean come on! 7 freaking bucks just to look at your account and such?!
    11-22-09 12:57 PM
    my service is great with rogers, i'm usually on 3G, the towers are solid because of 2010 in Feburary. They are going to be alot of ppl using cell phones in the greater vancouver area so the towers for all the network must be up to date.
    11-23-09 03:55 AM
    I'm also on Rogers' side. Yes I admit Belus has more outskirt coverage but in no way is telus reliable.

From their constant sms issues, to problem plagued network and finally slower speeds I can also say Rogers is more reliable and faster.

I've taken my 'old bold' and done comparisons with the new bold and my bold always loaded faster except for a couple pages and it was by a hair when telus won. We tested on a good 15 sites along with speed tests.

My last 3 remaining friends with telus all can't wait to dump telus.

If I had to go CDMA, I'd go with Bell.

As wirelessgal mentioned, Belus' new network is a risk because there's nothing to fall back on.

And to the guy in Manitoba, Telus doesn't even offer 3G there so what's the difference?!
    11-27-09 07:09 PM
    11-29-09 11:46 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD