Hi All,

I have an unlocked Rogers 8700 which I would like to send to my mom in the UK to activate on Orange. I was thinking the plan with unlimited e-mail and 500 MB data for 12 pounds / month (she has a different phone for voice, and all she wants the bb for is e-mail / bbm / maybe some internet surfing). Will this work with an unlocked Rogers phone? The phone has been mine since new so hasn't been reported stolen or anything weird...

Also, does anybody know if I can go month by month on that plan? It says 18 month contract, but that's if you are buying a phone... Also, would I as a Canadian be able to sign up with my info / credit card? Or would I have to put it in her name?

One more question... if I were to go Pay As You Go, what is the cost / kb? It says on the orange website "max of 2 pounds / day" but doesn't seem to give a per kb rate...

Btw I did try to call Orange... But I can't from my cell phone, and they seem to automatically ignore Skype calls!

Many Thanks!
    Last edited by Alex338; 11-07-09 at 02:50 PM.
    11-07-09 02:41 PM
    Never mind, got my answer!
    11-07-09 03:51 PM
    Hi Alex

I'm having a problem registering my Unlocked Rogers 9700 on Orange BIS. I keep getting the below message

"The information you have provided is not valid for this service provider"

Any help anyone?

Thanks
    Paul
    11-26-09 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD