08-18-08 01:33 PM
    i read in todays globe and mail that it would be realsed tomorrow. Aug 19th. But any day this week sounds good
    08-18-08 01:49 PM
    I noticed that 'The Canadian Press' also said that "RIM is expected to unveil its answer to the iPhone later this year."

Interesting!
    08-18-08 01:54 PM
    Well I wonder if it will accually be out tomorrow or thursday I don't want to get my hopes up again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 02:27 PM
    08-18-08 05:19 PM
    As a corporate customer my order was already in for several of these devices. I confirmed with my rep that we are good to go for this week...he is just waiting for them to allow him to release to ship. Be nice if he ships tomorrow...but I can deal with Thursday since the rumours of Rogers going with AT&T in September began going around.

He also confirmed the new BES 300mb plan! A big plus for us BES users who do not get to take advantage of the great 6GB 30buck BIS plan.

They may be robbers for going for the $399 price...but since they are the only GSM option for business users in Canada...they have the market!
    08-18-08 05:51 PM
    Still find it humorous how all the news agencies are reporting it...but still nothing from Rogers...keeping quiet about it!
    08-18-08 05:54 PM
    Yeah, hopefully they ship it out before then. I spoke to Rogers Public Relations and they said it should be arriving in stores in the following days. If you want to pick it up in-store, make sure to call ahead of time on launch day to confirm stock.
    08-18-08 06:06 PM
    Two exact threads created today on this topic. Merged them into one.
    08-18-08 06:08 PM
    Yeah, hopefully they ship it out before then. I spoke to Rogers Public Relations and they said it should be arriving in stores in the following days. If you want to pick it up in-store, make sure to call ahead of time on launch day to confirm stock.
    I was in a Rogers affiliated store today, and the store manager that has helped in the past received a company email stating the devices would be launched this Thursday ie. August 21st. The store manager then stated that it would probably be a few days after that before he might see stock in his store. Another example of 'we will know when it is available when it's actually in the store'....
    08-18-08 08:45 PM
    As a corporate customer my order was already in for several of these devices. I confirmed with my rep that we are good to go for this week...he is just waiting for them to allow him to release to ship. Be nice if he ships tomorrow...but I can deal with Thursday since the rumours of Rogers going with AT&T in September began going around.

He also confirmed the new BES 300mb plan! A big plus for us BES users who do not get to take advantage of the great 6GB 30buck BIS plan.

They may be robbers for going for the $399 price...but since they are the only GSM option for business users in Canada...they have the market!
    Hi, do you know what the cost of the 300MB BES plan will be? Thanks!
    08-18-08 11:08 PM
    300mb BES plan is $45/month.

A lot better then the standard 25mb BES for $60!
    08-19-08 01:23 AM
    I also heard the bold would be released Thursday AM640 in Toronto was talking about it yesterday
    08-19-08 06:20 AM
    i got the email from rogers saying it'll be aug 21
    08-19-08 11:57 AM
    Confirmed I received it also, looks like the units are being shipped to the stores as we speak in order to receive delivery on Thursday.

I spoke to our corp rep and she told me that they are waiting for their stock before making it available on their website.
    08-19-08 02:31 PM
    so will i be able to go into a rogers store thursday and buy a bold?they havent even put anything up on the rogers website about ti coming out thursday
    08-19-08 04:54 PM
    Just received the Future Shop flyer and it has an ad for the Bold showing $399.99 on a 3 year contract. Flyer effective tomorrow
    08-20-08 11:57 PM
    I envy you guys...for your sake; here's to hoping the Bold can actually be purchased, activated and in your hands today.
    08-21-08 09:27 AM
    I am sure we all do... but from this article, it doesn't look too promising unfortunately!
    08-21-08 09:35 AM
    i got my bold!!!!!!!! only 2 in the store i went but i got it .. will charge it all night long and play all weekend with it .. letting you know
    08-22-08 12:42 PM
    damn i look all over toronto at the rogers store not one in stock\
    08-22-08 12:52 PM
    that s sucks man , i just dont get it , why rogers sents few bold by stores, my rep told me that they were supposed to recieved 20 and only got 2
    08-22-08 07:51 PM
    wow, for a "launch" this is rediculous. Most stores haven't recieved any stock yet at all. I talked to a couple bestbuy and futureshops that had two or three but sold quickly. I finally tracked one down at a rogers video store that does wireless. The wireless center was closed but she did indeet have ONE and put it aside with my name on it for first thing tomorrow moring and promised that it is mine. I can't wait. I have never been excited for a phone before or tried getting one at launch.
    08-22-08 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD