While the double-typing issue on the Q10 ( http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=827195 ) is not Rogers' fault, the manner in which they address the problem is equally deplorable:
    1) repair requires sending the devices away for 2 or 3 weeks during which rather thaan lend you an OS10 device they offer a Curve.
    2) as I have encountered this in 3 separate outlets in 2 major Canadian cities, I can only assume it is what they are trained to do: the clerk receiving my device (forgetting that he had served me for the same issue 3 months ago) matter of factly insisted that this is an issue that he has never encountered.....
    3) Retention offers to sell me a new device at $300 with no obligation despite still being under warranty!!! Alternatively, they offered to replace my new device with a refurbished one for a $35 fee and restart the contract.
    I control roughly $17k of annual business for them and they know it, yet that is the best they can do. I can only imagine how they treat small accounts. I have begun the tedious process of switching away from Rogers as a result of their overall "who caares about the customer?" attitude.
    I am being solicited by Bell and have moved one account to them but wonder if anyone out there has had better experiences with any other carriers before again putting all of my eggs in one basket.

Posted via CBQ10
    Last edited by wbbeinuni; 03-27-14 at 07:28 AM.
    03-27-14 07:11 AM
    I don't know if you will get any better customer service with Bell than you are getting with Rogers. We have both providers, with my wife on Bell and I am on Rogers. As far as customer service at the corporate store and phone support, the Rogers staff seems far superior to the Bell staff.

In regards to repairs, you may want to check out the Bell policy prior to switching. I am under the impression that Bell has taken the American approach of offering refurbs and not actually repairing your actual phone.

Over the years with Rogers and BlackBerry phones, I have found repair times to be about a week. I use a Rogers corporate store and right in front of you the phone goes into a UPS envelope and right into a pickup bin. When I tracked them, they seem to overnight to Flextronics. From reading the forums, slow repairs seem to be related to using third party stores, which may not ship the phone directly and the same day you drop it off.

In regards to loaners, I keep my old BlackBerry phones and just use an olld one rather than take the loaner. My last repair was a 9900 and I had a 9810 to use. The loaner at that time was a 9000. With the new OS10 phones, the curve loaner is a big step back in functionality. My suggestion would be to buy a cheap Z10 as a backup phone for your accounts, as eventually somebody else will need it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    03-27-14 07:34 AM
    All of the carriers are scum. I worked in a multicarrier store for years (prior to my current non-sales position), and found them all to be completely useless. Almost every store rep will BS you, lie to you, try to skew you to whatever their own preference is (or whatever gets them a bigger bonus that week). Are you a Rogers business client? If so, you have a much better ability to lobby for a better loaner.

The keyboard issue you're describing is well known. In the hospital i'm at, we've replaced about 10 of the 30 Q10s (all purchased at around the same time). I suspect it was a very bad batch of keyboards...

Rogers, Bell, Telus.... they're all the same.
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    03-27-14 07:36 AM
    You need to complain a lot more. I once had my z10 replaced for that "fee" because I didn't want to wait for a repair but the refurbished one was not perfect, so I called to complain again. And again. Got sent a new one for no fee.
    The 35$ fee is a scam, don't let them charge it. Keep escalating the issue.
    03-27-14 08:28 AM
    Not sure why ppl blame the service provider, they aren't the ones that made the phone, and it's not their warranty.

The manufacturer warranty covers repair, the manufacturer needs to have your device to repair it, the manufacturer warranty does not say you get a loaner phone to use while your phone is away for repair.

When you send out the phone it is done at no charge because this is what the manufacturer warranty covers. Service providers offer a loaner phone as a courtesy. Most service providers offer whatever they have available, however I did notice that bell usually will give the same device as loaner. I find that service providers are reasonable and have no problem offering adjustments for your monthly service fee for the length of time your phone is out for repair if there are features of your plan you can't use with the loaner, you just have to ask.

When Rogers offered you a refurbished phone for 35$ it is actually in a way bypassing the manufacturer warranty with another courtesy program that Rogers has set up called advanced exchange. They take your word for it that the defect is covered by your manufacturer warranty, then they take a refurbished phone out of their own inventory and send it out to you, when you get the replacement you then send your device that is broken back to them. Rogers will then deal with the manufacturer, get them to repair the device, and then they replenish their inventory with that phone. I don't know if many other providers even offer this option. But it is the most convenient as your are not without your phone.

If they offered you a new phone for 300$ it was actually the most beneficial to you, I would have taken the offer for the 300$, then went to a Rogers store and still sent out my phone for repair, used a loaner while being repaired, get the new phone in the mail and post it on ebay starting bid 500$ on 2 day auction, sold the phone, make 200$+ profit, then get my phone back from repair. But that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    03-27-14 08:45 AM
    Not sure why ppl blame the service provider, they aren't the ones that made the phone, and it's not their warranty.

The manufacturer warranty covers repair, the manufacturer needs to have your device to repair it, the manufacturer warranty does not say you get a loaner phone to use while your phone is away for repair.

When you send out the phone it is done at no charge because this is what the manufacturer warranty covers. Service providers offer a loaner phone as a courtesy. Most service providers offer whatever they have available, however I did notice that bell usually will give the same device as loaner. I find that service providers are reasonable and have no problem offering adjustments for your monthly service fee for the length of time your phone is out for repair if there are features of your plan you can't use with the loaner, you just have to ask.

When Rogers offered you a refurbished phone for 35$ it is actually in a way bypassing the manufacturer warranty with another courtesy program that Rogers has set up called advanced exchange. They take your word for it that the defect is covered by your manufacturer warranty, then they take a refurbished phone out of their own inventory and send it out to you, when you get the replacement you then send your device that is broken back to them. Rogers will then deal with the manufacturer, get them to repair and send it back, and then the replenish their inventory with that phone. I don't know if many other providers even offer this option. But it is the most convenient as your are not without your phone.

If they offered you a new phone for 300$ it was actually the most beneficial to you, I would have taken the offer for the 300$, then went to a Rogers store and still sent out my phone for repair, used a loaner while being repaired, get the new phone in the mail and post it on ebay starting bid 500$ on 2 day auction, sold the phone, make 200$+ profit, then get my phone back from repair. But that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Not their fault. But for $17,000 a year I expect them to go the extra mile. Simple.

Posted via CBQ10
    03-27-14 08:50 AM
    Agreed. Not their fault. But for $17,000 a year I expect them to go the extra mile. Simple.

Posted via CBQ10
    Maybe you can get them to waive the 35$ fee?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:51 AM

Posted via CBQ10
    Or alternatively, if you have other cell phone lines that are eligible to upgrade, you can upgrade one of those?

Ie. You have 2 lines. Line 1 is the one we are talking about, line 2 is another line that is eligible for upgrade. You upgrade line 2, but use the device on line 1. Get phone on line 1 repaired and sell it, take the money and use it towards the cost of upgrading when you upgrade line 1 to use the device on line 2.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:55 AM
    sad part is i had to deal with this internally as well.... when i used to work there my keyboard broke, i was told it will take 3 weeks to fix. It actually took 3 weeks to come back to me so i wouldnt have had a internal BlackBerry to use if my team lead did not give me a spare. the rules placed on this situation i am pretty sure are based on what BlackBerry has placed as repair times to the carrier.
    03-27-14 09:10 AM
    Maybe you can get them to waive the 35$ fee?

Posted via CB10
    They would waive the fee. (which was only mentioned after I threatened to leave). They will also restart my contract which at this point I am not interested in doing....

Posted via CBQ10
    03-27-14 11:24 AM
    Why would they restart your contract ? That doesn't make sense
    03-27-14 11:45 AM
    If he chose to take the new phone for 300$

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:04 PM
    Right!

Posted via CBQ10
    03-27-14 01:36 PM
    If he chose to take the new phone for 300$

Posted via CB10
    No. On the contrary. They call that an out of Warranty replacement. If I take the $300 new replacement they don't restart the contract; if I take the refurbished they do.

Posted via CBQ10
    03-27-14 01:37 PM
    No. On the contrary. They call that an out of Warranty replacement. If I take the $300 new replacement they don't restart the contract; if I take the refurbished they do.

Posted via CBQ10
    The info you are stating is a mix of different programs. I would call back and ask to speak with a manager to clarify.

I always recommend taking down the reference number and get the person to read back their notes to you before the call ends. This way you can ensure there are no misunderstandings on anyone's part.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 02:24 PM
    The info you are stating is a mix of different programs. I would call back and ask to speak with a manager to clarify.

I always recommend taking down the reference number and get the person to read back their notes to you before the call ends. This way you can ensure there are no misunderstandings on anyone's part.

Posted via CB10
    Good advice but after spend close to four hours on the phone with them and getting no place, I don't have anymore patience for them.
    Different reps made different suggestions. So yes those were different programs. The refurbished with the conditions outlined above was suggested by tech support and the $300 out of contract replacement waas suggested by a customer retention rep.

Posted via CBQ10
    03-27-14 11:04 PM
    So I bit the bullet and bought a used Z10 on Kajiji for $130. Now I will use that as a temp and send my Q for repair.... again. No renewal for me. I have moved the phones that were outside contract and the office lines and Internet away from Rogers. Now I will move each line as its contract ends.

In the final analysis, BlackBerry did, in fact, blow this one. The defect is theirs. However, I paid them (or Rogers did) once --a few hundred dollars. In the time I have been using this device (10 months) I have spent in excess of $15,500 with Rogers. It is, therefore, they whom I expect to go the extra mile to make sure that my phone, still under --warranty, no less-- remains usable and that I have a similar replacement device allowing me to access the same data I always rely on over the weeks (!) that the defect is being repaired .
    Above all else, I expect the company I give business to, to take ownership of the issues and see it as their responsibility to find a solution; not to hide behind red tape while keeping me on hold for hours. Maybe I am delusional, but I still believe there must be a carrier out there that retains an old-school business ethic.

Posted via CBQ10
    03-30-14 06:11 PM
    Weird when I had a problem with my Z10 twice they were great, the first time I sent it away and it took about 10 days and I picked it back up at the store. Second time they mailed me a refurbished one and waived the 35 fee. My contract wasn't touched at all (shouldn't be touched)

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:14 PM
    Let's understand. The carrier sold you the phone. The carrier has an arrangement in place to do warranty on behalf of the phone manufacturer. Read the fine print and you will find after a short period of time a refurbished phone can be supplied. Your probably better of with a refurbished than a repair. The refurbished one has been totally checked where as a repair repairs the defective issue not check the whole phone out. I agree Roger's leaves a lot to be desired BUT I used Bell for many years and in my opinion Roger's is far better. Look at an issue two ways one from your point of view the secondly from their point of view. Puts things into perspective. If you really feel strongly enough after documenting EVERYTHING including confirming all conversations in writing send it all to Industry Canada complaining.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:06 PM
    So in the end I bought a used Z10 to use while my phone was being repaired. It appears they did a good job.

While my phone was being repaired I virtually closed three Rogers accounts that I control including multiple business and cell phones. Avg. total bills for the past 2 yrs: $7,000-$9,000. I put some of that with Bell and some with smaller carriers. If the smaller carriers prove reliable, I may go that way for all of the cell phones as we are often in the US and they have roaming deals that make Rogers and Bell roaming plans look like highway robbery:
    http://www.windmobile.ca/network-and...FYtDMgod-BEA6A
    In any case, this incident was was the final straw for me. Although I still have about half of my services with Rogers, I am slowly moving away.
    I would never have started shopping around had Rogers simply offered me a comparable loaner to fix my still under warranty phone.
    I hope others will follow suit. I believe that the only language they understand is deciding revenue. Maybe someday they will, once again, put customers first.

Posted via CBQ10
    04-12-14 09:44 PM
    Rogers sucks, enough said!

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    04-12-14 09:49 PM
    Care to elaborate? What about their BlackBerry repair service? A lot of us may not require the service but for those unfortunate enough to need such service, they should know your thoughts on why Rogers suck in this area.

I agree, Rogers suck. They're overpriced, prioritizes money over consumer and its customer service (though improving) could be better. But don't just bait CrackBerry community members into reading your post if all you want to do is discredit the company like that. Give a brief description of what happened. There may be many extraneous variables that contributed to your frustration.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 10:03 PM
    I have been a Fido customer for about 15 years, and they seem to have the best of both worlds right now....great plans and the use of Rogers towers, since they are owned by Rogers. Have you considered Fido? I know their BlackBerry selection sucks, but I buy all my phones off Craigslist brand new anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 02:05 AM
    I will look into it.

For me, I rely heavily on technology to fulfill my responsibilities. I don't have time to waste hours on hold or negotiating. I would like to find a company that does what they are paid to (i.e. whatever it takes to keep their customers online with minimal inconvenience even when something goes wrong).
    I am fed up with spending close to 20k/y and needing to "negotiate" to get the carrier to do me a "favor" so that I can keep paying them more and more.
    I wouldn't resent the $ spent if they would do what they promise to.
    They could easily have kept me satisfied by arranging a loner that runs the same OS while repairing a known issue under warranty.

Posted via CBQ10
    Last edited by wbbeinuni; 04-17-14 at 04:57 PM.
    04-13-14 08:01 AM