Hi All

I’m really confused…

I have a Blackberry curve 8900.

I’m with Rogers and have a [email protected]t address that I signed up for when I got the blackberry.

Now here is the part I’m confused about

a) Can I only use this email from my blackberry? i.e. Is there a website I can log into using this email address and type emails from my laptop? I tried the Rogers Yahoo one but apparently I’m not registered there. It is getting onerous to type everything on that tiny keyboard. I'm aware I could sign up for a gmail account but would prefer to use the rogers.blackberry account.

b) If there isn’t a website do I need to sync my blackberry with Outlook? If I need to sync it with Outlook does anyone know what kind of email address this would be? In outlook it has five options…Microsoft exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP and Additional Server Types.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by hainer_; 03-26-09 at 01:41 PM.
    03-26-09 01:31 PM
    I maybe able to partly help with this question... from what I know there is no site that you can log into to check your blackberry.net emails, what I do is log into the BIS site and add a forwarding address so that every email I get to the address gets forwarded to the other address.
    03-26-09 02:10 PM
    I think the only way to sync with outlook is via USB/Bluetooth through DM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 05:17 PM
    there is no way to get your blackberry email anywhere online unless you forward it to another account using the BIS website as mentioned, or take the email you get on your blackberry and forward to the account of your choice.
    03-26-09 08:53 PM
    Thanks for your input, it was very helpful.

I decided to sign up for a free GMX account (basically the same as hotmail or gmail but better choices in user names) that will fwd to both my blackberry and the GMX web account, then added that account to fwd to my blackberry so as I can just have one account rather than forwarding emails from rogers.blackberry.net to another account.

cheers and have a great day!
    03-27-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD