can someone clarify this for me
    what exactly does rogers
    $15 data includes
    the one for unlimited personal email and IM
    does the IM part only for bbm or does it work with google talk or msn??
    12-22-09 06:48 AM
    email, BBM, any of the official RIM IM clients (MSN, google talk)
    12-22-09 11:39 AM
    ..and note that the $15 Plan means that a vast number of programs (including several built-in ones from RIM like Maps and, obviously, the browser) will not work at all. They need a data Plan to be downloaded and/or operate. Frustratingly, many of these do not work (or as expected) even when using thru Wi-Fi.

And really, if you're going to get a BB that is only being used for email and IM, don't lock yourself into a contract - even if it comes with a 'free' phone. Go out and buy outright an older old stock/refurb unit or look into Pay As You Go.
    Last edited by Bazza1; 12-22-09 at 02:09 PM.
    12-22-09 02:06 PM
    ..and note that the $15 Plan means that a vast number of programs (including several built-in ones from RIM like Maps and, obviously, the browser) will not work at all. They need a data Plan to be downloaded and/or operate. Frustratingly, many of these do not work (or as expected) even when using thru Wi-Fi.

And really, if you're going to get a BB that is only being used for email and IM, don't lock yourself into a contract - even if it comes with a 'free' phone. Go out and buy outright an older old stock/refurb unit or look into Pay As You Go.
    I thought you can't get prepaid data? Minimum 1-yr contract to use data..
    12-22-09 02:23 PM
    Perhaps you are right - with data. I'm talking about if you don't want/need a data Plan, just a email/text Plan. And not necessarily with Rogers...
    12-22-09 02:56 PM
    actually all Rogers data plans are available on monthly plan too...you can just activate any bb on month to month basis.
    12-23-09 02:39 AM
    actually all Rogers data plans are available on monthly plan too...you can just activate any bb on month to month basis.
    I didn't have a contract and asked. Said I needed to sign a minimum 1 yr contract to get data, :/
    12-23-09 03:06 AM
    my data has no contract when i ask for it ... prob its the csr you spoke with if they want to get commission or not i guess

now where can i get the appz that works with the $15 plan
    i try download bb world apps but it said my device isn't supported which i don't get since i have a bold
    12-23-09 03:47 AM
    my data has no contract when i ask for it ... prob its the csr you spoke with if they want to get commission or not i guess

now where can i get the appz that works with the $15 plan
    i try download bb world apps but it said my device isn't supported which i don't get since i have a bold
    im on this $15 plan also and im having trouble upgrading my bbm to 5.0 using the appworld. i can't even get it from desktop manager. does anyone know how i can upgrade it? i have a bold 9700
    12-28-09 04:52 AM
    im on this $15 plan also and im having trouble upgrading my bbm to 5.0 using the appworld. i can't even get it from desktop manager. does anyone know how i can upgrade it? i have a bold 9700
    download it OTA from blackberry.com/messenger
    12-28-09 10:27 PM
    download it OTA from blackberry.com/messenger
    You need a browser?
    12-29-09 02:24 AM
    you can download it through the BB browser over wifi
    12-30-09 03:52 PM
    I have the 25.00 plan and I will be moving the 15.00 plan. The CSR told me to download all upgrades before I move to the 15 - or i can just use Wifi or the PC to upgrade as well.

The 15.00 plan is a great way to give you the Email/IM needs without incurring the additional cost of data.

BBM is too good to be true - all the included picture/voice messaging you can do within it - without the data package..it's awesome.
    02-13-10 12:34 AM
    I have the 25.00 plan and I will be moving the 15.00 plan. The CSR told me to download all upgrades before I move to the 15 - or i can just use Wifi or the PC to upgrade as well.

The 15.00 plan is a great way to give you the Email/IM needs without incurring the additional cost of data.

BBM is too good to be true - all the included picture/voice messaging you can do within it - without the data package..it's awesome.
    Get transferred to customer relations and get the 50mb BIS plan or 150mb data plan with apn code. It's $15 as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 09:05 AM
    Get transferred to customer relations and get the 50mb BIS plan or 150mb data plan with apn code. It's $15 as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey Jeans - thanks!

I didn't know that one existed. Sorry to sound dumb - what is the difference between the 2?
    02-13-10 10:02 AM
    If you tell them you use a BB, they will put you on the 50MB plan as it's specifically meant for BBs. If you tell them you use another smartphone, they will give you the 150MB plan. You then have to call back in, tell them that data isn't working on your BB, and they will add the APN3CON code - this will enable data on your BB.

Basically it's a workaround to get 3x as much data for the same price.
    02-13-10 10:46 AM
    GEt the 150mb data haha,
    02-13-10 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD