hey all

i just spent my christmas in lower manhattan and in Queens NY - Loved every moment of the vaca BUT when it came to Rogers and ATT, HORRIBLE. All EDGE around NYC edge was literally as slow as dial up. all i tried to use was google maps in the states to get around took about 40+ seconds for a simple search of transit info.

Heads up for anyone heading that was, just buy a phone card or a prepaid with t-mobile.

+ running OS 5.0.348 - bold kept restarting every now and then. unbelievable
    12-29-09 03:37 PM
    I hear a lot of bad things about the AT&T data network.
    12-30-09 10:21 AM
    hey all

i just spent my christmas in lower manhattan and in Queens NY - Loved every moment of the vaca BUT when it came to Rogers and ATT, HORRIBLE. All EDGE around NYC edge was literally as slow as dial up. all i tried to use was google maps in the states to get around took about 40+ seconds for a simple search of transit info.

Heads up for anyone heading that was, just buy a phone card or a prepaid with t-mobile.

+ running OS 5.0.348 - bold kept restarting every now and then. unbelievable
    I didn't had any problems with my bold when I was in N.Y.C for 3 weeks, I find it super fast and the roaming is excellent alto, it will cost you alot if you use on a daily basis, especially the data down there. You should of use wifi in any cafe or in Time Sq since it was set up free from the people. I was able to get 3G on the AT&T and sometimes on T-Mobile for somehow!

You mention that your bold kept restarting every time? Does it do it when your phone try to get connected to a network!!!
    01-12-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD