I have a problem and need to know where to start. I have been to an area the past few weekends that my curve 8330m has been on roaming with voice, data, text etc. No problems until this weekend when in the same area I had no service at all. Nothing but an "X" for signal. Coincidentally my daughter was with me and her curve had service when I didn't. Anyone ever experience this? I have PRL 60654 currently on my phone.
    11-22-09 04:23 PM
    if you contact sprint they will walk you through manual programming the device, most likely your home sid, or min, is incorrect and they will provided you the correct info to stop the hated roaming.
    11-22-09 04:58 PM
    Check your mobile network settings. Is your network selection mode set to "home only"?
    11-22-09 09:16 PM
    Might not have anything to do with the PRL, but just out of curiosity, what's the PRL on your daughter's Curve? Latest one that I know of is 60657 also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 01:19 PM
    Thanks for the relpies. Did a PRL update to the latest and now I can get 1X on roaming but still no EVDO on roaming. Text go out to other phones but shows a red "X" as if it didn't. Will be contacting Sprint to see what else can be done.
    11-24-09 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD