Today I happened to look at my current minute useage and there were roaming charges. I have never had roaming charges. Because I have an old plan, the rep. said that roaming charges are not included. Of course, she tried to get me to change plans so that I would spend more for less minutes.

Is there an option on my pearl that will allow my pearl to end or not make calls if I am roaming. I don't even know when I'm roaming with pearl. Please help! These roaming charges have to end.
    03-20-08 10:32 AM
    Today I happened to look at my current minute useage and there were roaming charges. I have never had roaming charges. Because I have an old plan, the rep. said that roaming charges are not included. Of course, she tried to get me to change plans so that I would spend more for less minutes.

Is there an option on my pearl that will allow my pearl to end or not make calls if I am roaming. I don't even know when I'm roaming with pearl. Please help! These roaming charges have to end.
    I thought all plans have nationwide long distance now. I haven't heard of people having roaming charges in a long time.
    03-20-08 10:37 AM
    I've had my plan for about 4 years. I had a roaming alert on my other phones but can't seem to find anything like this on the pearl.
    03-20-08 11:31 AM
    I had this problem too. Go to manage connections then mobile network options then change network selection mode to home only. That should stop the roaming. But when I called sprint she added a roaming feature where I get 100 roaming minutes for free each month.
    03-20-08 12:52 PM
    Did it! Thanks! I think Sprint is getting a little stingy with the incentives lately. When I talked to the rep., she basically said she couldn't do anything about it.
    03-20-08 01:52 PM
    Did it! Thanks! I think Sprint is getting a little stingy with the incentives lately. When I talked to the rep., she basically said she couldn't do anything about it.
    Call CS back and ask for a refund for those roaming minutes. It seems like Sprint changed billing and now a lot of people are getting slammed with Roaming charges. I got roaming in Phoenix AZ even with my phone with SPRINT only setting. They removed it with no questions asked. I did switch plans to one with free roaming without increasing my contract.
    03-21-08 10:04 AM
    On my first bill under the new billing system, they tried to slam me for $75 of data usage. One email to CS took care of it (it's 'greener' to email them since you will usually get your answer in a few hours and can get on with your life, versus wasting time, energy, and breath waiting on the phone with incompetent CSRs ).
    03-21-08 12:35 PM
    What's the email address to CS? Thanks!
    03-22-08 02:50 AM
    I've had my plan for about 4 years. I had a roaming alert on my other phones but can't seem to find anything like this on the pearl.
    When roaming you will see a triangle in the top portion of your screen. You can also click on the antenna on your home screen to manage your network connections and view their status.

You can also change the status light to indicate when you are roaming.

See pages 227-228 of your owners manual.

The owners manual is your friend.
    03-22-08 11:40 AM
    What's the email address to CS? Thanks!
    [email protected]
    03-24-08 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD