Has anyone else not been able to roam on ATT's network, since last week? This happened, back in late October and didn't end until mid-November. Interestingly enough, I found a post that was started back in October, on the tmo boards and has replies as recent as 2/15.

Anyone, that is 'in the know', care to comment? Not such a big deal, since I can get tmo practically everywhere except where I'm residing currently. Wifi covers that. But, it is annoying to say the least that if I need coverage and tmo is unavailable that I won't have service.
    02-20-10 08:25 AM
    I was just roaming on att this morning. Data and voice no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 02:31 PM
    Hmmmm. I still can't. I guess it's a regional thing. I'm in Kentucky.
    02-20-10 02:45 PM
    Roaming contracts are regional things...not nationwide. I can't roam on ATT in some ares but when I'm in PA, I always roam on ATT without a problem.

02-20-10 03:20 PM
    Yeah, I'm starting to realize that. I have never been able to roam, in Paducah, while being able to roam in Murray. Good thing Tmo has decent signal besides this current residence. I'd hate to have to shell out $50 more a month for ATT or VZW. A little pricey.
    02-20-10 04:39 PM
    Can you pick which network you're on? Like if you have a bar or two on t-mobile but someone else with AT&T has full service, can you switch networks?
    02-21-10 09:58 PM
    Can you pick which network you're on? Like if you have a bar or two on t-mobile but someone else with AT&T has full service, can you switch networks?
    Nope, doesn't work.

02-22-10 08:23 AM
    Nope, doesn't work.

Oh, just yesterday I was setting up an unlocked phone (tigo) and it had a section for network selection, so it got me thinking...
    02-22-10 06:22 PM
    Nope, doesn't work.

I do this, all of the time. Go to "Mobile Network Options" Select "Manual" and "Scan for mobile networks". I usually switch from tmo to att, when I get home from work...that is, until now.
    02-22-10 07:40 PM
    The fcc requires all carriers to allow roaming on like systems ie att & tmo. Where your home system owns licensed spectrum your phone will work. When your in a area where your carrier does not own spectrum you will roam. As far as I know this only applies to voice calls. Data is usually included in the agreement due to roaming data bring in more money that roaming voice.

02-24-10 02:05 AM
    The fcc requires all carriers to allow roaming on like systems ie att & tmo. Where your home system owns licensed spectrum your phone will work. When your in a area where your carrier does not own spectrum you will roam. As far as I know this only applies to voice calls. Data is usually included in the agreement due to roaming data bring in more money that roaming voice.

This is true. However, all they have to allow is access to is 911 or other emergency services. That is the current situation, where I'm at.
    02-24-10 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD