12-02-09 07:15 PM
48 12
tools
    Cheerleading or not, he's right. If they don't give you a deal and you switch to AT&T and pay the ETF, that's your choice. But don't think you are entitled to anything extra from T*Mo.

I'm going to talk to CS and ask what kind of price they can give me on a 9700. But I'm not going to talk to retentions and threaten to cancel my service. If they can't offer me a good price, I'm up for renewal in July. I can wait.
    11-16-09 06:28 AM
    I wasn't due until March 2010. I told the rep that I heard they would help out established customers. He put me on hold to get the supervisors approval and I was good to go. Phone shipped today.
    11-16-09 10:59 AM
    Stop being a cheerleader for the company, Trust me if they could legally stick it to you ,They would in a heartbeat. Companies have been screwing their customers over for years (not all but some). If you went to the car dealership would you pay sticker price? Or would you use leverage to get a good deal?
    I'm with AT&T so I could care less about T-Mobile's plans. You are good at justifying your behavior and avoiding upholding your end of the deal you made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 11:32 AM
    ATT's save team is offering the 9700 for as low as $119 with waived fees and shipping, depending on your acct of course. AFAIK T-Mobile no longer has save handset pricing, instead all they do is waive the upgrade fee and sometimes shipping.
    11-17-09 10:56 PM
    so here is my story from trying to order the 9700 today...
    1st call ..CS said I was not available to upgrade yet, and that what I thought was a 1yr contract that I agreed to was actually a 2 year committment..wasnt willing to help me..

2nd call ...I said im intersted in getting the new 9700 and she said no problem..she did research my acct and said the price would be 439.99 on a partial upgrade.. I stated that I was towards the end of my 1 yr agreement and that, I understood that when I committed to one yr instead of two, that I could still get an upgrade, since my upgraded phone was a bit higher in price at the time of signing the one year..she says let me see what I can do..hold for a minute or so...

I can honor 199.99 for you! Kewl send it ! Awesome! Love TMO! No change in my plans required...
    11-17-09 11:09 PM
    Interesting. I wasn't aware of this. Actually I kinda of doubted it but just checked and saw that T-Mobile did indeed lose 77,000 subscribers in the 3rd quarter.

That still doesn't justify creating a culture where people are encouraged to rant and yell and scream and demand give-aways all day long for phony reasons simply to get a better deal than the next guy.

If that's the direction we're going as a society, that's sad. Actually there's already a place like this ... last I checked it's called Baghdad.
    You're lost.

11-18-09 07:12 AM
    "If I can cancel my Tmobile contract and go to At&t and get the 9700 for $199.00 then Tmobile should take that into consideration and do what they can to keep me"

After you pay to cancel your contract and deal with all the new customer garbage from a new carrier... have fun with your $199 phone that cost you $500. Oh... wait... isn't that how much you would have paid if you had acted like an adult and just paid for the phone. Yeah, good luck with that.
    11-18-09 10:26 AM
    got my confirmation email today..
    11-19-09 01:36 AM
    After several polite calls to customer care, I got my 9700 for $199.00 ,No I didn't have to make threats. You just have to get the right csr.
    11-19-09 06:52 PM
    what exactly did u say? i have tried twice and no luck.. i really want this.
    11-19-09 07:12 PM
    Not that anyone cares but I think those who stomp their feet and cry "give me a deal or I'm leaving" are just like a 5 year old child...or a *********. I wasn't able to upgrade but I followed the rules and migrated to an EM+ plan and spread the payments over 20 months. I hope wherever you work someone takes advantage of you and your customer service and your company's bottom line suffers and they have to cut you from your job.

America...the land of "I know I don't deserve it but give it to me anyway!"

Pathetic.

11-19-09 07:12 PM
    what exactly did u say? i have tried twice and no luck.. i really want this.

I kept calling, I explained I wasn't eligible for an upgrade but I wanted to know if there is a way I could get a better deal on the 9700. I finally got a csr who hooked me up.
    11-19-09 07:17 PM
    Not that anyone cares but I think those who stomp their feet and cry "give me a deal or I'm leaving" are just like a 5 year old child...or a *********. I wasn't able to upgrade but I followed the rules and migrated to an EM+ plan and spread the payments over 20 months. I hope wherever you work someone takes advantage of you and your customer service and your company's bottom line suffers and they have to cut you from your job.

America...the land of "I know I don't deserve it but give it to me anyway!"

Pathetic.

11-19-09 07:20 PM
    Doesn't change the fact that people stomp their feet and want things they don't deserve...

11-19-09 07:22 PM
    Doesn't change the fact that people stomp their feet and want things they don't deserve...

I didn't stomp my feet I asked nicely, And got what i wanted, Call it what you want.
    11-19-09 07:59 PM
    I'm curious exactly how many times you actually called customer service, were you asking to keep speaking to someone of higher authority, how long total did ou spend on the phone.

I can't believe this actually worked for you.
    11-24-09 05:05 PM
    i am a living witness they will make a deal with you if you get the right person... My question is if one person can do it then why cant they all.. Why do you have to keep calling back and hoping to get someone that's not in a bad mood and that actually wants to help you and "get this" Treats you like you are a valued customer. I had issues with the trackball on my 8900 so i called and I am waiting on the delivery of my 9700 for the price of 199.00 and no it was not ime for an upgrade
    11-24-09 05:34 PM
    I'm curious exactly how many times you actually called customer service, were you asking to keep speaking to someone of higher authority, how long total did ou spend on the phone.

I can't believe this actually worked for you.
    I called probably a half dozen times. Sometimes I they would transfer me to another department. You have to be persistent, but nice and polite at the same time. Finally got a guy who asked his supervisor for approval.

11-24-09 05:49 PM
    So you just said, "Hello, this is so and so and I would like to buy the 9700 for $200. how 'bout that......?"

Or was it more of a case like sweethang where you call and complain about having troubles with your current device and ask to buy something better at a discount?
    12-02-09 11:51 AM
    I personally dont believe the 9700 is worth it...I think the next BB or getting the 9700 for 49. in three months will be worth the wait.
    make sure you answer your own post when you call retentions since your so insistant on asking the question then defending yourself when we tell you Tmo owes you nothing....
    12-02-09 02:50 PM
    I think it all depends on the luck of the draw as far as the support you'll get. I just got lucky.
    12-02-09 06:20 PM
    I think it all depends on the luck of the draw as far as the support you'll get. I just got lucky.
    Same here I called several times and finally got the right csr who helped me. I wasn't rude,loud or threatening.

12-02-09 06:33 PM
    Back when I was in school I used to work jobs at numerous customer service centers. It's not that ALL the customer service reps CAN help you but only some of them will...it's that they're not supposed to do something for you if you don't qualify but sometimes they will anyway. Having said that, depending on their manager...they can actually get in trouble for giving you a deal if you're not really eligible for it. Some companies allow more flexibility in this area than others. Also, it's a customer service center and the turnover rates at places like that are very high, so you might call and talk to someone who is quitting in like 2 days and they could care less what happens, and they just give you any and all deals they can; whereas you might talk to someone who works there and is trying to get promoted to supervisor so they don't take calls all day, and they aren't going to give you a thing.
    12-02-09 07:15 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD