Hey so i need some advice in regards to a retention plan i am looking at through rogers. Basically this is what im getting

250 Anytime minutes
    Unlimited e/w from 6
    100 LD
    Call Display
    Unlimited Messaging
    500Mb

for $53 taxes in

Since i half to resign i asked about the hard upgrade and i am able to get the 9700 for 199, but the thing is i already have a phone and am happy with it for now. I asked the rep if i could upgrade at a later time and she said it would be no problem. i have seen people being screwed over before for signing the contract and then go for the upgrade a year later and not be able to get it. Im happy with the plan but its always to get a second opinion about this stuff, this is the first kind of retentions situation ive dealt with so any advice would be great!
    01-14-10 09:27 PM
    Currently on Rogers Canada website, $50 will get you:
    500mb
    350 daytime min
    unlimited evenings/weekends @5pm
    unlimited messaging (txt/pic/vid)

125 min for canadian long distance + $15
    Call display with Name display $8

Total cost of the above? $73. Sounds like you've got a good thing going, but I don't know about the upgrade proceedures though, especially considering that this is a retentions offer.
    01-14-10 10:09 PM
    ask them for a reference number and have them email you the note they made in the system.

always keep records of everything.
    01-15-10 12:09 PM
    Currently on Rogers Canada website, $50 will get you:
    500mb
    350 daytime min
    unlimited evenings/weekends @5pm
    unlimited messaging (txt/pic/vid)

125 min for canadian long distance + $15
    Call display with Name display $8

Total cost of the above? $73. Sounds like you've got a good thing going, but I don't know about the upgrade proceedures though, especially considering that this is a retentions offer.

I don't see this plan on their website...Can you direct me to the link pls.
    01-15-10 01:23 PM
    ask them for a reference number and have them email you the note they made in the system.

always keep records of everything.

they wont be able to email you any info about the plan since they only have access to inter office email. so you can only get the reference number for the convo you had
    01-16-10 11:53 AM
    I don't see this plan on their website...Can you direct me to the link pls.
    its the $50 voice and data plan for blackberry's and smartphones
    01-16-10 11:54 AM
    Just ask the CSR to make a note on the account and get a reference number for it so they can't screw you over when you decide to HUP. Ask for free Rogers 2 Rogers since you're resigning for another 3yrs. It usually costs 5$ but they can credit it to your account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 08:27 PM
    its the $50 voice and data plan for blackberry's and smartphones
    You mean this plan?

I don't see the one you reference anywhere...
    01-17-10 08:50 AM
    they wont be able to email you any info about the plan since they only have access to inter office email. so you can only get the reference number for the convo you had
    don't know if it's procedure or not, but i have every email about every change that has been made to my file.
    01-17-10 09:34 AM
    Peppe: Shabbs posted the correct plan. I then went to the "add ons" and selected items from that list to try to get something close to what the OP was getting feature-wise. The price I posted was the regular price that you and I would pay for that specific feature set. I posted the price so that people could compare the regular rate with what the OP was getting with his offer.
    01-17-10 09:54 AM
    You guys are getting confused, the guy who was talking about the plan is from MB, they get different pricing then large market provinces. It's because everything's cheap in MB and it's the only way they can try to compete.

If it was offered by customer relations, offers are usually good for 30 days, I would call back in at the 30 day point and see if they can extend the offer for a longer period and get a reference number. Nothing can be garunteed after 30 days in case they change the system/policies again on the representitives without notice.
    01-21-10 08:51 AM
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the advice. So i called in today and the offer is still standing, the thing is they are now saying that the call display is only for year and they cant change anything because the offer was made by someone else. Can they actually add it and are not telling me about it. I realize it may not be a big deal but ive never had Call display and i think it would be really useful. Any advice would be great and i understand from the last poster that the offer isn't going to last forever, but if i can get some advice that would be great!
    01-21-10 05:45 PM
    If you don't get your new hardware when you sign your new contract.. forget it. It is a well known fact that ROBBERS will do everything in their power to make sure 'they have no record' of that promised hardware upgrade.

So don't get ROBBED.. and just take your upgrade when you sign up.
    01-25-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks for the advice. i was given the $15 50 mb data plan but am not going to go for a contract extension until next year (will be second year of 3 yrs) to get the phone. By that time there will probably be something even better from blackberry or the 9700 will be cheaper. Again thanks again for the help!
    01-29-10 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD