I got a question about grandfathered data plans. right now i have an old OLD school 9.99 unlimited email only plan per line and $10 unlimited texting for ALL lines. if i do update to the 9700, will i be able to keep the 9.99 unlimited email only plan with a 2 yr contract AND get subsidized 9700's? can I also keep my $10 unlimited texting for all lines? some ppl said I can while others say no, but I got a hunch that I wont be able to. Thanks in advance
    11-07-09 10:32 PM
    I got a question about grandfathered data plans. right now i have an old OLD school 9.99 unlimited email only plan per line and $10 unlimited texting for ALL lines. if i do update to the 9700, will i be able to keep the 9.99 unlimited email only plan with a 2 yr contract AND get subsidized 9700's? can I also keep my $10 unlimited texting for all lines? some ppl said I can while others say no, but I got a hunch that I wont be able to. Thanks in advance
    Hmm, that's a tough one. First instinct says that you have a data feature, which is the letter of the law. However, I believe that the exact policy says "Data feature $14.99/mo or higher". I would expect to be forced into a higher plan if you choose to go with a contract. You can keep your text plan either way though.
    11-07-09 10:46 PM
    I now have a computer at work, if I reuse my Pearl, Can I cancel my data plan?
    11-08-09 06:44 PM
    I now have a computer at work, if I reuse my Pearl, Can I cancel my data plan?
    Not sure what the question is here? What does having a computer have to do with a carriers data requirement?
    11-08-09 06:47 PM
    Now that he has a comp at work, maybe he doesn't need a data plan anymore...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 08:12 PM
    Now that he has a comp at work, maybe he doesn't need a data plan anymore...

Thank you.
    11-09-09 08:52 AM
    i'm not sure if this is true and was wondering if someone could add their two cents. i read in another thread that you can go around this data required feature by upgrading the line A that is up for a full upgrade but when it comes to activating the phone, you use the sim card of the line B. then you go onto tmobile.com and change the phone of line B to the new blackberry. if you already have a data plan for that phone, that will work and the other line shouldn't have the required data plan on it.

does anyone know if this will work or not?
    11-16-09 10:22 AM
    I ordered the Blackberry 9700 last night on the site. And they told me I would have to pay $24.99 for my blackberry plan. was paying 19.99 the whole time. I called up CS said "cancel account" I was transfered over to the retention department and threatened to cancel my plan. I told her "I was thinking of canceling because It pisses me off that I upgrade my phone and I have to pay $5 more a month for a service I have been getting all along for $19.99"

She switched it back to 19.99! They will do it for you if you threaten to leave.
    11-16-09 10:29 AM
    Quick question, I have a 8900 and am still in contract, can I drop the internet and add the unlimited texting instead?
    11-17-09 06:51 AM
    is there a way to upgrade another line to get full discount and just cancel the data plan without having to break the contact ? only 1 line needs data on my acct and thats me
    11-19-09 02:58 PM
    is there a way to upgrade another line to get full discount and just cancel the data plan without having to break the contact ? only 1 line needs data on my acct and thats me
    It is my understanding that to get the subsidy you are required to agree to take data for the lenght of the contract which means whether you have a smartphone on that line or not you will have to continue the data on that line.
    11-19-09 09:55 PM
    I ordered the Blackberry 9700 last night on the site. And they told me I would have to pay $24.99 for my blackberry plan. was paying 19.99 the whole time. I called up CS said "cancel account" I was transfered over to the retention department and threatened to cancel my plan. I told her "I was thinking of canceling because It pisses me off that I upgrade my phone and I have to pay $5 more a month for a service I have been getting all along for $19.99"

She switched it back to 19.99! They will do it for you if you threaten to leave.
    Perhaps you should have called and asked for clarification before throwing a tantrum. The website was probably showing the default plans which are more expensive. If you know you already have the service at a lower rate, call them and confirm first.

11-20-09 01:49 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD