I wrote ATT [email protected] and asked them to offer the Passport when it is available in September. I'll post the response if I get one.

I ask the rest of you to do the same.

Hit them on twitter too: https://twitter.com/ATTCustomerCare
    Iblamesummers and Norg like this.
    08-05-14 10:29 AM
    Here it is. Standard boiler plate.

Hello Tim,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate your feedback and it will be forwarded. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we may address.

Thanks,

Algeria P.
    AT&T Social Media Manager

ref:_00DE0czFk._500E0Dvajv:ref
    Iblamesummers and Norg like this.
    08-05-14 10:42 AM
    Do we even know when the Passport is coming to the US?

Somewhere I taught it was expected that it would launch in the UK with staggered release to other markets much like with the Z10. Could be a month or two before the US gets it.

But it doesn't hurt to let AT&T know that you are interested in it.
    Iblamesummers likes this.
    08-05-14 10:55 AM
    cool you are taking a proactive approach. if i end up w/ AT&T as my carrier then i will do the same.
    Tim-ANC and Norg like this.
    08-06-14 03:35 PM
    Got this reply a few weeks ago. Nothing since.

</br>Hi Tim-
    I can do that for you. Our team has contacts that we partner with in our sales groups. I can pass along the information that we have customers interested in and requesting the device.

CatherineW

myAT&T Social Media Team
    Check out our support center: AT&T Customer Service & Support
    09-16-14 02:40 PM
    Thank you for your inquiry for the Blackberry Passport. At this time we don't have an exact launch date but you can check our latest wireless news at Mobile Devices, Smartphone and Wireless News | AT&T which will update once more information is available. Thank you for your patience and continued service with AT&T.

Julie, Social Media Manager
    myAT&T Social Media Team
    09-23-14 02:46 PM
    Available online and is fully compatible.

Poetry in Motion
    09-24-14 10:13 AM
    Passport will be ATT exclusive according to N4BB. John Chen said so in a post-launch Q&A. No date yet.
    09-24-14 10:31 AM
    I just need the release date! That $250 is looking better than buying it outright.
    09-24-14 01:36 PM
    Passport will be ATT exclusive according to N4BB. John Chen said so in a post-launch Q&A. No date yet.
    Not exclusive if you can buy one today online to use on T-Mobile.

Poetry in Motion
    09-24-14 02:03 PM
    Not exclusive if you can buy one today online to use on T-Mobile.

Poetry in Motion
    Two different points of purchase. That's where your argument doesn't hold water. ATT has the carrier exclusive release in the US. Just like the Z30 being a Verizon exclusive, but it could be used on limited other bands.
    09-24-14 04:20 PM
    But you can buy it through Amazon and active it on ATT right? I'm going to switch from Verizon and just want to make sure that's the case before I order.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:19 PM
    But you can buy it through Amazon and active it on ATT right? I'm going to switch from Verizon and just want to make sure that's the case before I order.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, you can.

Posted via CB10
    lonestar1135 likes this.
    09-24-14 07:00 PM
    Two different points of purchase. That's where your argument doesn't hold water. ATT has the carrier exclusive release in the US. Just like the Z30 being a Verizon exclusive, but it could be used on limited other bands.
    Yet both are GSM carriers that will work on both. So, it's not exclusive. Sure if you need subsidies wait for AT&T instead of buying it now online.

Poetry in Motion
    09-24-14 10:25 PM
    Yet both are GSM carriers that will work on both. So, it's not exclusive. Sure if you need subsidies wait for AT&T instead of buying it now online.

Poetry in Motion
    I don't think you understand what carrier exclusive means. You're arguing semantics and not even arguing then properly.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    09-24-14 11:24 PM
    Just saw the write up about ATT exclusive. End of the year will be perfect. I like ATT because they have good coverage in my area and I have the unlimited data plan.

Now we need to bug them about WHEN we can get it.
    donmateo likes this.
    09-24-14 11:25 PM
    Just saw the write up about ATT exclusive. End of the year will be perfect. I like ATT because they have good coverage in my area and I have the unlimited data plan.

Now we need to bug them about WHEN we can get it.
    My biggest question is coming from a Z10, how will I like it? I hope ATT gets its soon so I can go try it in store. I will shoot them an email now just for fun.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:43 PM
    Thank you for your inquiry for the Blackberry Passport. At this time we don't have an exact launch date but you can check our latest wireless news at Mobile Devices, Smartphone and Wireless News | AT&T which will update once more information is available. Thank you for your patience and continued service with AT&T.

Julie, Social Media Manager
    myAT&T Social Media Team
    Sounds like the response when people asked about 10.2 release. Funny.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:58 PM
    Yes good point. I'm on Z10 too. However I never sampled it or the torch before I got them and have no regrets. Faith or trust? Not pragmatic, but I'll take a passport sight unseen if that be the way it happens.
    donmateo likes this.
    09-25-14 01:20 AM
    Fair enough, I did the same with both my 9900 and Z10 come to think of it.

Got the "No info available" canned response. Maybe they'll at least note the interest.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    09-25-14 09:13 AM
    Yes, that's the idea, make them aware. Amazon site states the passport will be offered but is not available yet. Can subscribe by email to be notified when it is. I'm not going through amazon. Told my wife to do so because she has an account. Just to build commercial interest with the retailers.
    09-25-14 11:31 PM
    I just tweeted this. This might not do much to speed up the availability of Passport but it can't hurt.
    @ATT https://t.co/Hh0CWGyElR Why is this company showing complete disregard to its customers? #WeWantThePassport #BlackberryPassport
    Norg, donmateo and Tim-ANC like this.
    10-05-14 06:49 AM
    I said screw em and got in on the coupon code before it was blocked. Paid $472ish for it, but it's unlocked and it would cost $300 for an upgrade anyways when it does come. I'll pay the extra $172 then sell my Z10 and make most of that back.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    10-05-14 11:59 PM
    I said screw em and got in on the coupon code before it was blocked. Paid $472ish for it, but it's unlocked and it would cost $300 for an upgrade anyways when it does come. I'll pay the extra $172 then sell my Z10 and make most of that back.
    You have a passport now?
    10-07-14 01:06 AM
    No reply. He's busy using his Passport
    10-07-14 08:20 AM
28 12