I am currently on Orange UK PAYG. I am using unlocked Curve 8900 and I am going back to my country (Thailand) next month and I plan to bring the Blackberry back with me and use the service over there.

I would like to know if I could release my PIN from the Orange BIS service by just text STOP to 36245 or I do need to call the customer service to delete the Blackberry account for me in order to release the PIN. The reason for asking this is because my speaking skill is not so good and I always have problems explaining things over the phone in English.
    11-09-09 05:32 AM
    did you get the phone with your payg contract? or you got the phone and your sim card separately?

and what do you mean by 'releasing the pin'? do you mean get it unlocked? if you meant unlocked, you can just go to any orange store and ask them to unlock it. you would want to get it unlocked so you can use it in Thailand right? it will probably cost you some money tho, around 20 quid. You can also ask any shop that does unlocking phones, there are plenty around city centre area of any city me thinks. that would probably cost you about 10 quid or something like that.

hope that helps..
    01-19-10 08:04 PM
    If you have registered the PIN on the orange BIS, you need to call orange to get them to release the PIN. They should do that for you over the phone, but just stopping the Data part by texting stop, it won't release the PIN.
    01-28-10 01:36 PM
    I am currently on Orange UK PAYG. I am using unlocked Curve 8900 and I am going back to my country (Thailand) next month and I plan to bring the Blackberry back with me and use the service over there.

I would like to know if I could release my PIN from the Orange BIS service by just text STOP to 36245 or I do need to call the customer service to delete the Blackberry account for me in order to release the PIN. The reason for asking this is because my speaking skill is not so good and I always have problems explaining things over the phone in English.
    Your best solution would be to call their customer service and have them release it so you know for sure it was done.
    01-28-10 11:13 PM
    If you access your BIS account via a web browser, you can login into the BIS site yourself and click on change device, then enter a zero as the PIN number. This will disassociate the BIS account from your device, allowing you to create a BIS account on another network once you are back in Thailand.
    01-29-10 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD