Rogers is currently offering $100 when you register with their SureTap Wallet service. Only problem is you have to use their less than desirable software. Not sure if anyone has had success in signing up for this deal. I have a BlackBerry Z10 and after accepting the Terms & Conditions am getting stuck on the next screen which says "Loading... Please wait until validation code is sent". Anyone?

Deal Details:
    suretap is Giving You $100 to Get Started ? Make Online Payments
    11-27-14 07:03 PM
    You need a Rogers MasterCard to take advantage of the offer.

Here are the full terms:

The promotional offer for $100 loaded onto the virtual co-branded Rogers Prepaid MasterCard (the “Card”) is subject to change without notice and shall expire on Jan 6, 2015. This promotional offer is only eligible for Rogers customers that apply for and successfully add the Card through the suretap wallet application on their suretap eligible mobile device between Nov 26th, 2014 and Jan 6th, 2015. This promotional offer is limited to one per customer and only applicable to the first Card they add to their suretap wallet. No subsequent card added or replaced to the wallet during the eligible period above will receive the $100 credit. Upon confirmation of compliance with these terms and eligibility, a credit in the amount of $100 will be loaded onto your Card and available for use in the suretap wallet. The use of the Card is subject to the terms and conditions provided during application process for the Card, including (i) the right to use the promotional funds will not expire; (ii) funds are not redeemable for cash or usable at any ATM, (iii) a monthly maintenance fee of $2.50 will be applicable for as long as the Card is active and (iv) the Card can be used at any point of sale that accepts MasterCard PayPass. The Card is issued by Peoples Trust Company.
    11-27-14 07:19 PM
    I have a Z30 from Crackberry and they won't send me a Suretap Sim card. Anyone know why that is?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:53 PM
    I have a Z30 from Crackberry and they won't send me a Suretap Sim card. Anyone know why that is?
    Go to a store and buy a SIM card.
    11-27-14 09:37 PM
    I had one sent for my Son's Z10, it won't work, I tried to activate the Sim online and it keeps saying Sim fail.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:42 PM
    I have a Z30, and walked into a store today and they gave me a suretap Sim for free.

The app seems stuck at registering the account thou.

FWIW, had no issues setting up the Scotia wallet.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    11-27-14 09:48 PM
    It's a scam! You should check how much it cost to use Suretap!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:55 PM
    I just called Rogers and if you don't have a phone locked to Rogers Suretap will not work. We have to get everyone that has an unlocked phone to complain. It is a policy only. Not a limitation of a specific phone. So they can allow any phone on the network to work.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:25 AM
    I just called Rogers and if you don't have a phone locked to Rogers Suretap will not work. We have to get everyone that has an unlocked phone to complain. It is a policy only. Not a limitation of a specific phone. So they can allow any phone on the network to work.

Posted via CB10
    Count me in.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    11-28-14 08:49 AM
    I filled out a complaint on the Rogers site, we need lots of complaints to change the policy.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:16 AM
    I have a Z10 and was stuck on the registration screen for a while. I resolved this issue by going to my app permissions and gave Suretap access to my phone. I turned off my wifi. Once I did that the app registration was successful. I also got my $100 prepaid mastercard thru the app.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:16 PM
    Went to Rogers store, got Sim card. All seems to be working.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 04:01 PM
    They just updated the sure tap app to work with the Z30 and Q10 finally!!!! I tried this morning and it now works :-)

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    12-09-14 07:31 AM
    Where did you download the app?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 08:07 AM
    BlackBerry App World

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    12-09-14 11:01 AM
    How do I get a rogers prepaid mastercard to begin with? Do i need to physically go to a rogers store and wait in line to get one? When you register the app it asks for your card number, and there doesn't seem to be any way to order the card from their website. Getting this set up is way more complicated than it needs to be! It makes this video seem ironic to me: .
    12-09-14 03:57 PM
    How do I get a rogers prepaid mastercard to begin with? Do i need to physically go to a rogers store and wait in line to get one? When you register the app it asks for your card number, and there doesn't seem to be any way to order the card from their website. Getting this set up is way more complicated than it needs to be! It makes this video seem ironic to me: .
    The prepaid card is a virtual one. You get it through the suretap app itself.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 04:45 PM
    The prepaid card is a virtual one. You get it through the suretap app itself.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, thanks. I see how I get it now!

Has anyone actually registered for this and received their $100 credit? To be honest, the only reason I would get it would be for the $100 credit. $2.50 per month is a pretty steep fee for what you get out of it! I have plenty of credit cards, and IMHO using a tap to pay plastic card isn't any more difficult than using a phone to tap (especially when I get points on my card with no monthly fee!).

If I register, get the $100 credit, use up the $100 and then cancel my card, is there a cancellation fee?
    12-10-14 10:25 AM
    Ok, thanks. I see how I get it now!

Has anyone actually registered for this and received their $100 credit? To be honest, the only reason I would get it would be for the $100 credit. $2.50 per month is a pretty steep fee for what you get out of it! I have plenty of credit cards, and IMHO using a tap to pay plastic card isn't any more difficult than using a phone to tap (especially when I get points on my card with no monthly fee!).

If I register, get the $100 credit, use up the $100 and then cancel my card, is there a cancellation fee?
    The cancellation fee is 10$. But you don't have to ever cancel it. I talked to Rogers yesterday about this. The rep told me that the 2.50 fee is only applied when there's money on the card the "next month".

I.e you get the card today, get your 100$, spend it all in a couple of days and there will be no fee if your balance is 0.

You pay only if they need to transfer your balance to the next month(kind of stupid if you ask me.) so as long as your balance is 0, no need to cancel it, you can keep it and forget it about it.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 01:01 PM
    The cancellation fee is 10$. But you don't have to ever cancel it. I talked to Rogers yesterday about this. The rep told me that the 2.50 fee is only applied when there's money on the card the "next month".

I.e you get the card today, get your 100$, spend it all in a couple of days and there will be no fee if your balance is 0.

You pay only if they need to transfer your balance to the next month(kind of stupid if you ask me.) so as long as your balance is 0, no need to cancel it, you can keep it and forget it about it.

Posted via CB10
    Ok. I'm still a bit skeptical, but I will give it a try. Thanks!
    12-10-14 01:20 PM
    Stopped in at a Rogers booth and picked up a Suretap sim, downloaded the Suretap app. I reset the phone after opening the app the first time. (which I usually do after installing...... old habit) Registered the Suretap Wallet with no issues. The prepaid Mastercard took a few attempts, turned out the card would not download until I was on a WiFi network. Once approved and the card was downloaded to app, much to my amazement I had a balance of $100.00 as advertised!

Thanks Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 06:16 PM
    I just purchased $100 worth of gift cards at Loblaws. Thanks Rogers!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 05:43 PM
    For anyone having issues, it is only officially supported on the Z10 and Q10. It takes up to 15 minutes to register as well, and don't forget to turn off wifi when you do register. The offer is available until the 5th of January.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:26 PM
    Tried everything including escalating it at Rogers now I need to keep trying and wait for them to contact me.. hope it resolves soon

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:44 PM
    I have a Z10 and was stuck on the registration screen for a while. I resolved this issue by going to my app permissions and gave Suretap access to my phone. I turned off my wifi. Once I did that the app registration was successful. I also got my $100 prepaid mastercard thru the app.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, this got me past the registration screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:53 PM
32 12