OK, so I bought a Bold 9700 from T Mobile last Thursday for one of the users on my account. Paid full price for it, in cash. The user decides that she likes the old BlackBerry she had, and would rather wait for another BlackBerry instead.

I go back to return the Bold 9700 today. T Mobile reps tell me that they can't give me the money now since I paid in cash; if a refund is more than $100 and the original order was paid in cash they can't process a refund. I have to wait for a corporate check, which will be mailed to me within 7-14 days.

I call customer service and the rep is not sure whether this is true or not. He transfers me to someone else (supervisor I assume) who tells me she would research the issue and call me back, but she is almost positive that what I was told at the store is correct.

Is this true? Anyone done a refund recently and was told the same thing? Were the reps at the store BS-ing me?
    02-22-10 08:36 AM
    This is common at many stores. If you return an item paid for with cash and the refund is over a certain amount, they issue a corporate check. I've seen the limit as low as $100 and as high as $250.
    02-22-10 08:50 AM
    OK, so I bought a Bold 9700 from T Mobile last Thursday for one of the users on my account. Paid full price for it, in cash. The user decides that she likes the old BlackBerry she had, and would rather wait for another BlackBerry instead.

I go back to return the Bold 9700 today. T Mobile reps tell me that they can't give me the money now since I paid in cash; if a refund is more than $100 and the original order was paid in cash they can't process a refund. I have to wait for a corporate check, which will be mailed to me within 7-14 days.

I call customer service and the rep is not sure whether this is true or not. He transfers me to someone else (supervisor I assume) who tells me she would research the issue and call me back, but she is almost positive that what I was told at the store is correct.

Is this true? Anyone done a refund recently and was told the same thing? Were the reps at the store BS-ing me?
    If you read the back or the bottom of most store receipts its states that if your purchase is made in cash and over XYZ then a corporate check will be issued, this is standard policy....and I dont think anyone is BSing you at all......had a similar situation at radio shack
    02-22-10 08:50 AM
    would make sense i guess, as the store cash float would only be a certain ammount, so that $100 limit would accomodate that im guessing, its how it was where i used to work, i mean say your float was $200 and someone returned a $500 item, you dont have the money there! so can see how this would make sense
    02-22-10 08:52 AM
    Thanks all for responding. Now that I read the rest of the receipt disclosure, I do see on there that it does say cash transactions of 100.00 or more that need to be refunded will be refunded by corporate check.

I guess I just disagree with this policy.
    02-22-10 09:02 AM
    7-14 days to be mailed? That's a long time you're missing out on your money. I hope you get it soon and it doesn't get lost in the mail. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 02:17 PM
    7-14 days to be mailed? That's a long time you're missing out on your money. I hope you get it soon and it doesn't get lost in the mail. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is exactly why I posted a question here on CB, because I thought it was BS. I have talked to a few other agents at T Mobile and apparently there is nothing anyone can do besides wait for the check.
    02-22-10 03:11 PM
    This is all true info. In the store, we cannot issue cash refunds over $100, simply because we don't always have the cash on hand. This doesn't stop people from freaking out on me sometimes, mind you. Nothing that can be done though. My previous employer (Car electronics/cell phone shop) had a similar policy.
    02-23-10 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD