I heard that if you have a Blackberry that all of your text messages you can view them on a website or something even if you have deleted them from your device, even the messages that got months ago, has anyone heard of this or knows how to get those messages?
    06-19-08 01:21 PM
    Nope. Never heard of this... Where did you hear that?
    06-19-08 01:22 PM
    I heard it on a radio morning show about a guy who was cheating on his wife and she pulled up his messages from somewhere, and he got busted.
    06-19-08 01:25 PM
    I believe you can get a printed list from your cell provider. Not sure...that's just what I saw on Judge Alex...or one of those shows...don't ask me why I was watching it.
    06-19-08 01:59 PM
    Don't think you can even get them from your carrier. Pretty sure they just disappear into cyberspace after you send them. Unless you are on BES in which case they may be logged. Also, something like Dexrex could log them for you if you have the app install (albeit I couldn't get it to work in 2 weeks of trying).
    06-19-08 02:28 PM
    You can get them from your carrier & if you are on a BES, they can see them too.
    06-19-08 03:00 PM
    Don't think you can even get them from your carrier. Pretty sure they just disappear into cyberspace after you send them. Unless you are on BES in which case they may be logged. Also, something like Dexrex could log them for you if you have the app install (albeit I couldn't get it to work in 2 weeks of trying).
    @Azeis: I'm sorry to hear that Dexrex isn't working for you. Can you say what your OS version is? We're rolling out updates pretty quickly these days, after getting a ton of user feedback. If you're still having trouble, please drop us a line at http://www.dexrex.com/Contact.php -- we'll be happy to help get Dexrex running for you.

~ Cristos
    (Evangelist at Dexrex)
    06-26-08 10:39 AM
    Sorry never heard of this before. I know if you have a court order you can get them from your service provider I believe.
    06-26-08 11:31 AM
    That is creepy if they can... better stop making secret plans
    06-26-08 11:34 AM
    That is creepy if they can... better stop making secret plans
    Hehehe, and stuff....
    06-26-08 11:46 AM
    Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
    • Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
    • BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
    • In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.

Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-26-08 01:13 PM
    Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
    • Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
    • BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
    • In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.

Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ

Thanks so much JeffH!

These are the kind of posts I like seeing from our Crackberry Masters!
    06-26-08 07:13 PM
    For anyone still looking for information about Dexrex, we just released a much-improved version of our BlackBerry app. Feel free to check it out at https://www.dexrex.com/download/blackberry.

You can also drop me a line with your thoughts at http://www.dexrex.com/Contact.php if you have any questions.

~ Cristos
    09-02-08 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD