For Starters :I've been a loyal customer of T-Mobile ever since they were voice Stream here in cincinnati ohio. Never late on a payment, not much more that by a week at the point. Never argue a bill, just get them, look them over a pay them.

1) they've been misleading, misinforming and straight out hiding the truth at all cost here recently.

i don't have a computer @ my house, my laptop blew up and just haven seen something worth spending the money on. well i got a RSS feed from Google on my BB that BGR released "t-mobile's new pricing" so i called them and asked them what the new plans were for Family Plans. So they gave me the complete run down of all the pricing for minuets/text messages/data. So i said sign me up for the 139.99 for two phones unlimited everything. which they did. and i purposely asked the CS rep to tell me if there were any details that i need to know about this plan. She proceeded to tell me that i could that i could put any phone i wanted on my account and pay the balance over 20 months.

But she neglected to tell me that i HAD to pay full price for the phone, and i would only have a preset limit that i could put on my account. i didn't find that out until i popped my head in the door and was asking about the moto cliq.

2) they have turned into the biggest bunch of insensitive, non-caring, BIG name company that i have ever seen in my entire life.

So i called 611 yesterday morning and asked when i was my contract was up because i wanted to do some price shopping and if i found a better deal, more reliable provider, and 3G coverage i was going to jump ship and go with the new provider. well she got on huffy puffy and told me that i was in a contract till 02/11, so i asked to be transfer to customer loyalty and his only solution to the problem was, to all my contract to be up "today" so i can do with t-mobile with what i want. So instead of trying to keep a customer they allowed them to leave.

3) I live in cincinnati ohio, and in 2008 we were told we'd be 3G by 08/09 well 2011 is about 50 days and the CS rep told me that they have no clue when Cincinnati ohio will be 3G. i dont need three g coverage but it's the fact of out right lying to the customers..... for a solid year.... total BS.

I CAN FULLY UNDERSTAND WHY THEY'VE LOST 77,000 CUSTOMERS IN ONE QUARTER ALONE, WITH THE S/K OUTAGES, THE VOICE OUTAGES AND THE CRAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE....

IN ENDING

buyers beware with these jokers.
    11-09-09 07:44 AM
    1) two words.... FINE PRINT. Ignorance of the details is no excuse, wether by you or the csr.

2) I agree they should have at least tried to keep you, but cant you imagine how many people they have had say the exact same thing to them... especially with this economy? Im certain they have gotten a little numb to people threatening to leave to either a) get a better deal on their plan or b) just leave.

3) Do you have any idea how many variables play into placing a whole new frequency / service in a metropolitan area? Zoning, permits, licensing are just the beginning. Any number of roadblocks can impede a projected completion date. It happens. Im certain they werent just doing it to inconvenience you.

Every issue I have ever had with T-Mo has been resolved to my satisfaction. Noone is perfect, by any means... but T-Mos TOP customer service rating wasnt just handed to them without due consideration.

Dont let one bad apple spoil the whole bushel.
    11-09-09 08:03 AM
    1) two words.... FINE PRINT. Ignorance of the details is no excuse, wether by you or the csr.

2) I agree they should have at least tried to keep you, but cant you imagine how many people they have had say the exact same thing to them... especially with this economy? Im certain they have gotten a little numb to people threatening to leave to either a) get a better deal on their plan or b) just leave.

3) Do you have any idea how many variables play into placing a whole new frequency / service in a metropolitan area? Zoning, permits, licensing are just the beginning. Any number of roadblocks can impede a projected completion date. It happens. Im certain they werent just doing it to inconvenience you.

Every issue I have ever had with T-Mo has been resolved to my satisfaction. Noone is perfect, by any means... but T-Mos TOP customer service rating wasnt just handed to them without due consideration.

Dont let one bad apple spoil the whole bushel.

1)dude i was on the phone, there is no fine print. it's a verbal contract.. .. .. everything has to be spoken or it's a violation of the contract. When i flat out ask "are there any other details i need to know" that not being ignorant, period. regardless what what you might think, i'm as as ignorant as you think.

2) yes i do, FCC plays a huge roll in the 3G/wi-max/4G battle. and i know that the government gave Digital Signals to civilian use and kept analog for official use only. and if t-mobile wanted that bad... they could go get it, thats law.

as far as Pricing goes, my wife and i are seriously thinking of going to VZW... 1,400 minuets, unlimited data/text, and unlimited calls to any 10 numbers for about 15$ more than im paying now. And i've already got a Moto 'Droid laying out for me and my wife has 9630 laying out for her.... and VZW is offering us a 17% discount per month for the length of time we are with them, due my wife's employer.... Better phone that T-mobile can offer, with better 3G coverage .....seems like a win win...
    11-09-09 08:22 AM
    1) . . . regardless what what you might think, i'm as as ignorant as you think. ...
    Really??
    Regardless of which carrier you choose, there will be CSR's who don't give a crap. I can call Sprint today about my account and get someone who cannot/will not help me. Then, call back and get someone who will give me the world! You can go to VZW if you want, pay more money, feed the Red Beast, BUT sooner or later, you WILL get a CSR that doesn't know what they're talking about and won't tell you about some sort of fee or another.
    11-09-09 08:51 AM
    Ignorance of details does not make one "ignorant". Theres a difference. The automated voice prompts for contract acceptance asks if you fully understand the contract and details of said contract. When you put your phone number in to accept, you are stating that you do. ANY service contract is essentially a Buyer Beware contract. They arent responsible for your lack of research prior to acceptance. A CSR reading you ALL of the fine print would take them hours, and then you would be complaining about how long you would have to wait to talk to an actual CSR!
    Last edited by jackm3; 11-09-09 at 09:19 AM.
    11-09-09 09:01 AM
    Really??
    Regardless of which carrier you choose, there will be CSR's who don't give a crap. I can call Sprint today about my account and get someone who cannot/will not help me. Then, call back and get someone who will give me the world! You can go to VZW if you want, pay more money, feed the Red Beast, BUT sooner or later, you WILL get a CSR that doesn't know what they're talking about and won't tell you about some sort of fee or another.
    1) if people don't know the system - they should answer the phone
    2) when i went into VZW i asked the - how much out the door and how much per month - no punches, and they told me. flat out - no questions .... didnt seem that hard.
    11-09-09 09:03 AM
    I agree with a lot of what people are saying here, you probably just got a bad CSR. But if you can get that kind of deal from verizon and you already have those phones then I say go for it.
    11-09-09 09:51 AM
    OP, then leave. "Oral contracts, blah blah blah". You didn't do your due diligence and inform yourself of what you were agreeing to.

So tired of people blaming others for their own stupidity or reluctance to do what they should to protect themselves. And don't give me the whole "I'm not the CSR" excuse. If you can't be a grown up and hold yourself accountablefor your decisions then maybe you should move back in with mom and dad.

This is beginning to become an epidemic of stupidity. "I didn't read the contract" or "I didn't have time to find out everything about my decision and now I'll sue" is becoming the new mantra of the consumer.

DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

Don't just give people money and then complain they took your money!

I have been upset with TMo in the past but they have stepped up to the plate everytime it was their fault.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 10:15 AM
    OP, then leave. "Oral contracts, blah blah blah". You didn't do your due diligence and inform yourself of what you were agreeing to.

So tired of people blaming others for their own stupidity or reluctance to do what they should to protect themselves. And don't give me the whole "I'm not the CSR" excuse. If you can't be a grown up and hold yourself accountablefor your decisions then maybe you should move back in with mom and dad.

This is beginning to become an epidemic of stupidity. "I didn't read the contract" or "I didn't have time to find out everything about my decision and now I'll sue" is becoming the new mantra of the consumer.

DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

Don't just give people money and then complain they took your money!

I have been upset with TMo in the past but they have stepped up to the plate everytime it was their fault.

Explain this to me -
    1) i don't have a PC @ home - did you not read that
    2) i got a RSS feed on my blackberry
    3) i called 611 and asked for all of the details
    4) they did not inform me of all of the details
    5) this happened on a Sunday - my place of employment is closed on Sunday

HOW THE **** DO YOU RECOMMEND ME GET THE DETAILS WHEN I FLAT OUT ASK A CS REP...... THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF MY PHONE CALL.

And to the "sue" comment... i never said i was going to "sue" t-mobile..... you know the funny thing is... my mother said the same thing, and they haven't signed into the new plan Even More Plus plan.... she [my mother] said everytime they call 611 or visit to the store they get a different little detail....
    Last edited by mjneid; 11-09-09 at 10:46 AM.
    11-09-09 10:43 AM
    Ignorance of details does not make one "ignorant". Theres a difference. The automated voice prompts for contract acceptance asks if you fully understand the contract and details of said contract. When you put your phone number in to accept, you are stating that you do. ANY service contract is essentially a Buyer Beware contract. They arent responsible for your lack of research prior to acceptance. A CSR reading you ALL of the fine print would take them hours, and then you would be complaining about how long you would have to wait to talk to an actual CSR!

Never happened
    11-09-09 10:47 AM
    tmonews, engadgetmobile, bgr, gizmodo, and it has been all over this tmo forum do your research one csr out of who knows how many there are didnt tell you something go to vzw then sometimes the grass is greener

11-09-09 10:54 AM
    mjneid: You can't blame it all on CSR, that is why we have the option to find out ourselves. I understand that you don't have a computer right now and that it was Sunday but you could have still gone to the library or use a friends computer to fully get the details online.

11-09-09 11:04 AM
    So explain something to me...

You don't have a computer, but you're on the forums.

Cry me a river.

I truly don't believe you were as "misinformed" as you say you were. Obviously you pay enough to have a BlackBerry WITH INTERNET. You could have easily visited the forums for reviews, OR GONE DIRECTLY TO T-MOBILE'S WEBSITE, from your Berry.

I smell BULLSH!IT.
    11-09-09 11:47 AM
    Also, one more thing regarding "suing" T-Mobile-

Not happening. You signed a contract, agreeing to MANDATORY ARBITRATION ONLY.
    11-09-09 11:48 AM
    mjneid: You can't blame it all on CSR, that is why we have the option to find out ourselves.
    I've used T-Mobile for years. They are an excellent company. I've looked into the new rate plans ... they are clearly detailed on the handout that you can get from any T-Mobile store for anyone to see.

And isn't it curious that some claim they don't have a computer to look at T-Mobile's website but they have a computer that can access CrackBerry to post rants slamming a good company?

The issue of T-Mobile's new rate plans have been discussed AD NAUSEUM here lately. Sometimes you must consider the source on these things. I know that sometimes CSRs have to have incredible patience with irate customers. Based on some of the uncalled for and unsolicited nasty PMs I've gotten from the OP, I know sometimes you just need to consider the source.

And on the subject of T-Mobile being jokers ... let's remember that they were just given an award for having the best ethics of any carrier in the mobile business.

T-Mobile is a GREAT company.
    11-09-09 11:50 AM

You don't have a computer, but you're on the forums.

Cry me a river.

I truly don't believe you were as "misinformed" as you say you were. Obviously you pay enough to have a BlackBerry WITH INTERNET. You could have easily visited the forums for reviews, OR GONE DIRECTLY TO T-MOBILE'S WEBSITE, from your Berry.

I smell BULLSH!IT.
    smell what you want, i have a PC @ work and when my phone isn't ringing i'm allowed to post anything, surf anything, do anything on my work PC i want... look at all of my post and find me a 3 post made after 6pm EST that weren't posted via WAP....
    11-09-09 11:55 AM
    Also, one more thing regarding "suing" T-Mobile-

Not happening. You signed a contract, agreeing to MANDATORY ARBITRATION ONLY.
    my contract is up sweetie..... i have no reason to sue T-Mobile. i have no grounds to sue them on. they've done nothing esp. not tell me all of the details. i'd look like a real ***** for trying to sue the for "hiding details."
    11-09-09 11:57 AM
    I've used T-Mobile for years. They are an excellent company. I've looked into the new rate plans ... they are clearly detailed on the handout that you can get from any T-Mobile store for anyone to see.

And isn't it curious that some claim they don't have a computer to look at T-Mobile's website but they have a computer that can access CrackBerry to post rants slamming a good company?

The issue of T-Mobile's new rate plans have been discussed AD NAUSEUM here lately. Sometimes you must consider the source on these things. I know that sometimes CSRs have to have incredible patience with irate customers. Based on some of the uncalled for and unsolicited nasty PMs I've gotten from the OP, I know sometimes you just need to consider the source.

And on the subject of T-Mobile being jokers ... let's remember that they were just given an award for having the best ethics of any carrier in the mobile business.

T-Mobile is a GREAT company.

& i take anything you say with a grain of salt, i could say "the grass is green" and you'd say "the grass in emerald" ... you've proven that very well in the Off -Topics section.....

t-Mobile once had great customer service.... once is no longer.. .
    11-09-09 12:03 PM

You don't have a computer, but you're on the forums..
    LOL. Isn't that funny? Talk about who is a joker!

I smell BULLSH!IT.
    Maam, your instincts are excellent. I smell the same thing. Which is why I put the OP on ignore months ago.
    11-09-09 12:08 PM
    LOL. Isn't that funny? Talk about who is a joker!

Maam, your instincts are excellent. I smell the same thing. Which is why I put the OP on ignore months ago.
    no you didn't or you wouldn't of been able to read my post
    11-09-09 12:19 PM
    First off, I think when you call tmo, heck, any cell company, to be put a plan, you should NEVER just rely on the rep to inform you. It's up to you to do the research and understand all the terms. That's just common sense.

I don't think that you having to pay FULL retail for the phone with EM+ is considered "small print". It's stated everywhere on the website. Again, it's your responsiblity to know the terms. The rep probably didn't mention it because it was just so basic that he probably assumed that you already knew it! If it was just a discounted price...why the heck would you need to spread it over 20 months.

T-Mobile is not perfect but for the price, I wouldn't go with any other cell phone carrier. You are welcome to leave...but don't expect better CS.
    11-09-09 12:49 PM
    K,I don't work for t-mobile but I have to say its t-mobile fault there.
    When u sign a contract for anything the other party must explain all the terms not matter how basic they are,but if that person signed the contract after agreeing with everything and t-mobile how forgetful the person are,its the company fault cuz the cs represent the company and they get paid for selling contracts and to help the customer.
    If I were a manager of a company and one of my worker didn't explain all the terms not matter what excuse they have,I would fire them for making the company to lose a few customers.a contract is a contract both parties has too take it seriously and the customer has no obligation to search on forums or look for the company terms.he may be busy,don't know how to read or whatever things that may happen.
    But as a customer we always try to look for infos and hidden term of the company let's say just to make sure everything is k.I think t-mobile has the obligation to make that post happy since its cs fault for not explaining everything.
    I never had a problem with t-mobile cs except a few were dumbs or useless at the end I always get my problems solved by them.this is all I wanted to say and I know how cs work is,I'm a waiter so we attend a lot of customersm

11-09-09 08:49 PM
    This whole thing smells of a plant.

11-09-09 09:02 PM
    Naruto, I'm sorry but you are wrong. I work in contract negotiation every day at work. The OP as the consumer cannot call "foul" if there is a phone conversation on an existing contract and there are multiple changes to the contract when renewed. The consumer DOES hold responsibility to do due diligence in knowing what they are entering into. The OP wanted to enter into a contract without reading the fine print. The CSR cannot be expected to read each and every line to the customer over the phone.

This smacks of laziness and consumer fraud. "I'm going to sign for a new car but I didn't read the contract and now I'm going to complain that the APR is high".

I will say it again, slow down, read the contract(yes, that means going online or going to a retail store) and hold YOURSELF accountable for your actions.

Sooooo tired of hearing "waaaaahhhhh! I got screwed when I didn't care enough to do my research and now I'm stuck in an agreement I don't like all the terms to!" "Waaaaah!!! Someone else is at fault because they didn't hold my hand like a child because I was too busy to watch out for my self!!!" "Waaaaaaaaaaa:!!!!"

GROW UP!!!!

11-09-09 10:43 PM
    trad im saying that cs has to hand down the contract and the customer has to read it but if the customer can't read or cuz he was lazy like some ppl do then it's their fault but since he signed a contract by phone the cs has the obligation to read the terms over the phone,the cs bb department always read the terms when i want to exchange my faulty bb to another one.
    for example if you are in charge of a big company and want to make a contract with another company for bussiness both parties has to agree to their term and sign it if once you signed the terms and you forget to add a few lines that's too late to change it unless the other party agree to it.
    what will that cs do if he met some1 who don't know how to read?that customer will depends on those terms that the cs will say.
    that's the law that the cs has to give the terms or name it.
    dont forget cs represent a company they didn't hire them to sit around and to forget the rules by the book they may have.
    i agree that customer have to search for some infos but still a cs are there to help their customer.
    11-10-09 12:28 AM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD