Hey I wanted to see if amyone has had experience renewing their contract via Walmart. I'm looking at getting the 9700 and a Samsung UMA phone for the Mrs and am a little nervous about going through Walmart for something more complicated than just a one time purchase. Thanks for the feedback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 08:24 AM
    You'd be best just to go to the T-Mobile store and upgrade there. I wouldn't trust walmart with contracts and upgrades because things tend to go wrong.

11-18-09 11:56 AM
    Hey I wanted to see if amyone has had experience renewing their contract via Walmart. I'm looking at getting the 9700 and a Samsung UMA phone for the Mrs and am a little nervous about going through Walmart for something more complicated than just a one time purchase. Thanks for the feedback.

I second Artemis' concerns. And as I recall, I believe you need to be out of contract and willing to go with being assigned a new number to use 3rd party places like WalMart to get your cell phone service.

I quess I should also note that I personally find WalMart's business practices distasteful and wouldn't buy anything there if I could avoid it.

11-18-09 12:36 PM
    Yes, berry's right...often times, you need to get a new number and contract to get the low deals. Upgrades don't count...although I did read of one member who went to Walmart to get an upgrade. The member had grandfathered plans and Wal-Mart was going to make him switch to newer plans if he wanted the discounted phones. Not fun.

T-Mobile store is much better.
    11-18-09 12:56 PM
    ......ya.....I like berry's earlier mention of the book: high cost of low prices.....excellent reading....talk about a company going down the perverbial shi****........receipt checkers that sack old ladies and customer reps who would rather talk to co workers than help you in electronics.....generally rude....poor wage payers....huge importers of substandard chinese trash products.....ughhh i could go on for days......i do love there best value chocolate milk though....nom nom nom

yeah im REAAAAAALLLL sure these dopes they employ there are up on the product....your just asking to get bumblefu****
    11-18-09 01:07 PM
    I went to Wal-mart about a month ago and happened to walk by the electronics section where they have all the phones. They had the 8520 on display with a sheet that had all the specs etc on it. In passing I saw that it said it had GPS on that phone so I starting talking to the guy behind the counter. He said it for sure had GPS and I could use it with all the mapping applications. I asked him to grab the actual phone box so I could see it.....checked it over and told him that I'm positive he was wrong. He went online and was looking it up then said "yea you are right, not sure why we have it advertised that way!".

Moral of the story, don't use Wal-mart for something like a phone contract!
    11-18-09 02:51 PM
    Do yourself a favor and search here for WALMART. Someone went and bought a new phone and when he got his first bill it didn't match what he was told he was getting. He had to fight with T-Mobile to get it fixed. Also, he was missing accessories from the phone and Walmart told him he was SOL so he had to spend another $50 to get what he already paid for.
    11-18-09 06:55 PM
    My TMO store is in the parking lot with a Walmart that sells our service. You wouldn't believe the messes I have to clean up. As people have mentioned, their prices are for new acts only, so you have to open new lines and cancel the old ones. I've seen them open new lines and not explain to the account holder what is being done. A month later they come to me asking why they have two new phones on their account when all they did was get new phones, or so they thought. I've had Walmart run out of a phone, activate them with a free phone, then tell them they can exchange it at MY store.

I can keep going if you guys want more reasons...

11-20-09 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD