I'm not complaining, but I'm skeptical if this is for real . . . . I just switched my husband's and my individual SEP 900 minute plans to a shared 3000 SEP. It was supposed to begin today, so I looked at my account on sprint.com and found that we not only have the 3000 shared minutes, but have 900 "bonus minutes" EACH. Is this just some fluke that is going to disappear? Where did these "bonus minutes" come from?

Also, just wondering, has anyone else switch from individual SEPs to a shared SEP? Will my 23% discount still apply on a shared 3000 SEP? Or are they giving me 900 "bonus minutes" because they took off my discount? I guess I won't know for sure until I get my bill.

If I'm getting the shared minute plan with my discount, and the extra bonus minutes . . . . I think I'm going to be pretty happy with Sprint.

Thanks.
    09-26-08 08:28 PM
    I don't know abt the discount thing but when I switched my hubby's and my mom's sprint phones from 2 ind plans to a shared plan bc she went over her mins, they added 450 bonus mins too. I did a web chat with a rep who said they add that as a one time courtesy to try to prevent overage. Hope that helps some.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 10:58 PM
    The last 2 months i have had 30 bonus minutes show up for reasons unknown to me. Considering last month i only used the 30 bonus minutes and didnt even touch my plans 1000 anytime minutes, i thought it was kind of funny. I guess i need to talk more, or quit using my other line! :P
    09-27-08 12:34 AM
    I don't know abt the discount thing but when I switched my hubby's and my mom's sprint phones from 2 ind plans to a shared plan bc she went over her mins, they added 450 bonus mins too. I did a web chat with a rep who said they add that as a one time courtesy to try to prevent overage. Hope that helps some.

Thanks for your response! What you're talking about is what I think they did last month, because I switched plans a day or two into my new minutes on the 900 SEP. This was supposed to be the clean start of the new plan. It's just strange. I guess only time will tell if I will be keeping these "bonus minutes" or not.

After reading more threads on here, it sounds like I should be keeping my discount with the shared minutes plan.

Thanks again. I appreciate it!
    09-27-08 07:21 AM
    best not to get your hopes up on the bonus minutes. I think it has to do with some sprint billing thing where they leave your old minutes package on for a month while they transition you to your new plan. It happened to me when I switched from the $30 SERO plan to the $30 SERO Voice only plan, and my online account showed 500 minutes + 500 bonus minutes. The bonus minutes disappeared after a month.
    09-27-08 05:59 PM
    I just switched our plan to the Talk/Message/Data Share 1500 and I ended up with 100 bonus minutes. It's hard to beat sprints rate plans. I'm very pleased.
    09-27-08 09:17 PM
    When I switched to a similar plan, my discount still applied.

09-28-08 09:42 PM
    Thanks for the replies! I'll let you know what my account shows in about a month.

I looked again online at my account, and I have 900 "bonus minutes" and my husband's phone has 930 "bonus minutes" for now. Go figure. I'm not going to worry about it. It's still a good deal with 3000 shared minutes, especially if I still get my discount.
    09-29-08 06:51 AM
    Thanks for the replies! I'll let you know what my account shows in about a month.

I looked again online at my account, and I have 900 "bonus minutes" and my husband's phone has 930 "bonus minutes" for now. Go figure. I'm not going to worry about it. It's still a good deal with 3000 shared minutes, especially if I still get my discount.
    I just got my 1st bill and I still get my 20% discount
    09-29-08 07:34 AM
    I have the SEP shared 1500 min. and I still get my discount.
    09-29-08 09:30 AM
    When I switched my son from a 900 min plan w/ vision and unlimited text to the $99 SEP they gave him 900 bonus minutes for a month....like with unlimited minutes he needs bonus minutes...lol. However, this is the THIRD month in a row he has been charged for texting after switching to the EVERYTHING plan. I finally called corporate after asking each month to have the charges removed. Now I have my very own account rep until everything is straightened out. I have a direct line phone number to call him. I just looked at my bill online, and once again, it has over 17 dollars in texting charges, so I guess I will be calling him again!
    10-05-08 10:02 PM
    You really have to watch those bills carefully! Couple of months ago I ended up with $925 dollars in text charges!!!! Mind you we have unlimited texting..so this was a shock. They fixed it thank goodness...but I am all over those bills when they come in.

Happy Monday!
    10-06-08 09:14 AM
    Holy Cow, Taegus! You would think after 3 months, they could just FIX IT!

OregonRealEstateDiva - Had you just changed plans when you got the $925 texting charge? How did that happen? Or was it a random glitch? Weird.

Thanks for the responses! I'll definitely be checking my bill closely.
    10-06-08 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD