Okay, so this doesn't necessarily relate to BlackBerry's specifically, it's just a question about unlocked phones in general.

Am I correct in thinking that any unlocked GSM/HSPA device can be used on Roger's network, as long as they're the correct frequencies? 850/1900 I believe? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently on Telus but their HSPA network isn't active in Manitoba, and Bell isn't active in the province as far as I can tell, and I've really been looking into getting a higher-end device.

Thanks in advance!
    05-04-10 02:46 AM
    Pretty much. As long as the frequencies on the device match the network you want AND your device is unlocked.

From what I read, if you get a BlackBerry from either Telus and Bell, there are two locks (network and service provider), and Rogers uses just the network lock.
    05-08-10 08:45 AM
    You're absolutely right. An unlocked phone, as long as it uses the right frequencies, will work on the Rogers network.

For example, the BB 9700 or 9000 from Bell/Telus are both 3G compatible. Since Rogers is as well, and the 3G frequency is the same, it will work on the Rogers network
    05-19-10 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD