Just picked up this Z10. Updated to what is coming up as most recent update which was 10.1.0.2039, is this the latest Verizon update? I can't do leaks, but thought most recent Verizon update was .4xxx and added simple passwords so you don't have to type an entire pass phrase.
    10-13-13 12:51 PM
    Under Settings > About > OS

What does it say?
    10-13-13 01:31 PM
    It says what I stated above? .2039

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon from Philly
    10-13-13 01:46 PM
    It says what I stated above? .2039

Temper, temper. I' trying to help.

So neither Software Version NOR OS Version show any MR or .4xxx. Surely they don't read the same number.

A Google search didn't show any mention of MR being released by Verizon (but I admit my google-fu has see better days).

I'd try getting Sachesi and using that to look for the OS (either in Verizon or any other US carrier).

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_country_code

It's quite simple: Change the country and carrier numbers (see the wiki link) and hit search (make sure you match the model to your Z10's). Once upi find the OS you're looking for, tell Sachesi to download it (should take a while).

After that, tell it to load it to the device (should take about an hour or two). No need for backups (but they are always recommended). It works just like an OTA update.
    10-13-13 01:57 PM
    Just picked up this Z10. Updated to what is coming up as most recent update which was 10.1.0.2039, is this the latest Verizon update? I can't do leaks, but thought most recent Verizon update was .4xxx and added simple passwords so you don't have to type an entire pass phrase.
    That is the latest official release for the Verizon Z10. The Q10 has the. 4xxx release.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-13-13 02:46 PM
    That is the latest official release for the Verizon Z10. The Q10 has the. 4xxx release.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Was really hoping for the simple password update, but I guess I'll have to wait

10-13-13 05:47 PM
    So neither Software Version NOR OS Version show any MR or .4xxx. Surely they don't read the same number.

A Google search didn't show any mention of MR being released by Verizon (but I admit my google-fu has see better days).

I'd try getting Sachesi and using that to look for the OS (either in Verizon or any other US carrier).

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_country_code

It's quite simple: Change the country and carrier numbers (see the wiki link) and hit search (make sure you match the model to your Z10's). Once upi find the OS you're looking for, tell Sachesi to download it (should take a while).

After that, tell it to load it to the device (should take about an hour or two). No need for backups (but they are always recommended). It works just like an OTA update.
    Sorry wasn't trying to be rude, know you were just trying to help. I know the software update is the MR release for Verizon. I was just under the impression that the release brought "simple passwords" as a feature. That's when you lock you phone but your password is numeric on a keypad versus alphabetical on the keyboard. All the forums say the 10.1 MR for the Z10 has "simple passwords" feature but I can't find it anywhere. Would much rather type 4 digit number than a full word, so my real question is whether or not anyone on Verizon not running a leak has access to "simple password"

diegonei likes this.
    10-13-13 08:41 PM
    Well, I missed the whole simple password bit of your OP.

Check at Settings > Security & Privacy > Device Password. If it is in the OS you have now, you should shee the switch there.

But you know... you can always load a leak on it...
    10-14-13 02:58 PM
    Sorry wasn't trying to be rude, know you were just trying to help. I know the software update is the MR release for Verizon. I was just under the impression that the release brought "simple passwords" as a feature. That's when you lock you phone but your password is numeric on a keypad versus alphabetical on the keyboard. All the forums say the 10.1 MR for the Z10 has "simple passwords" feature but I can't find it anywhere. Would much rather type 4 digit number than a full word, so my real question is whether or not anyone on Verizon not running a leak has access to "simple password"

Verizon has not released the 10.1MR for the Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:20 PM
    Well, I missed the whole simple password bit of your OP.

Check at Settings > Security & Privacy > Device Password. If it is in the OS you have now, you should shee the switch there.

But you know... you can always load a leak on it...
    I can't load leaks, work phone, that's all I can say.

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    10-14-13 09:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then why can't he get the MR? Something is very wrong here.
    10-15-13 09:45 AM
    Then why can't he get the MR? Something is very wrong here.
    No, I think if you put all the posts together it makes sense. "Simple Passwords" is a new feature available on the Z10 10.1 MR release. However, Verizon only released the 10.1 MR update for the Q10.

Thus, Z10 + VZW = NO 10.1 MR

Posted with my Z10 or my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    10-15-13 03:15 PM
    Yeah I mixed up a lot of stuff here. Actually we did get an answer:

Verizon has not released the 10.1MR for the Z10

Posted via CB10
    Still, what I told you on post #4 will work. I don't have Sachesi on right now, but I will PM you the exact procedure to use it to update the device and get the same result as an OTA update (no wipes, no lost BES, etc).
    10-16-13 09:47 AM