I'm sort of new to this, I was wondering how do I obtain a copy of the new OS upgrade? That is if it is even available to at&t...and what exactly would do OS upgrade do for my curve 8310? I heard that it would allow me to send, receive and make videos now...and that's all I heard about it...could someone please inform me?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 11:47 AM
    to acquire a copy of the newest operating system available for the curve 8310 go to the beta os forum and you will see a thread for the newest versions for the system. click on it and it will tell you what to do from there. however, a beta version of the newest operating system for your phone is not covered under warranty so if something were to happen from downloading it u are liable not the company. but, i did downloadit on my phone and my girlfriends as well and there were noproblems. like you said you do get a video recorder, voice recorder, new themes, some new fonts, and other tidbits as well. my phone seems to be working faster as well.
    10-29-08 08:49 PM
    The OS has not been released for at&t still
    that being said if you still want it I would go to this thread Newest v4.5.0.81 OS: 8300/8310/8320 and follow the directions and links for installing that. It's the official operating system but its for another carrier.

I've been running that on my phone for over a week and have no problems yet and hopefully won't have any. Also the browser is more efficient in my opinion, the email is in html format, you can record and send videos like you said, youtube actually works now.
    10-29-08 09:29 PM
    Please make sure you are familiar with the upgrade procedure.

10-29-08 09:32 PM
    I've been looking over the upgrading procedures because I am contemplating on upgrade...I am leaning toward upgrading.

10-29-08 09:53 PM
    Watch out and make sure you read the instructions on recovering a nuked BB. I tried to upgrade my one day old 8310 yesterday and it was an epic fail. Not saying that yours will be too just know what you have to do to recover

10-29-08 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD