I'm going overseas this summer (Lebanon) and I would like to use my 9650 there. If I unlock my phone, I will be able to put ANY sim card in it, and it will work? Voice and data will both work?
    03-28-11 05:08 PM
    It should with the correct data plan. Has to support BIS.
    03-28-11 09:01 PM
    You may want to consider looking into a pre-paid plan while you are in Europe, depending on how long you are staying this summer.

Are you studying abroad? I'll be in Europe this summer as well, cheers!
    03-29-11 01:17 AM
    I guess you will need to unlock it first, You can find the best online unlocking codes websites on Google so you won't have any problem with your cell phone in Lebanon.
    03-29-11 02:16 AM
    Ok, so I'll just have to find a SIM card that supports BIS. Easy enough.

I'm not studying abroad this summer. Only there for vacation and to visit family. I'll be there for over a month so I'll need to find something pre paid, it sounds like.

Thanks
    03-31-11 01:25 AM
    Yeah you can find one easily, no issue about that.
    03-31-11 12:52 PM
    I'm going overseas this summer (Lebanon) and I would like to use my 9650 there. If I unlock my phone, I will be able to put ANY sim card in it, and it will work? Voice and data will both work?
    Yes as long as you have a BlackBerry data plan and the particular network does not block foreign devices.
    04-01-11 02:00 PM
    If you still need help unlocking we can help. Be sure to check feedback and posts before you decide on help! Enjoy your trip!
    04-03-11 03:14 PM
    Your plan seems about right. Unlocking will allow to use any allowed carrier on your BB
    11-02-11 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD