Hello. Back in Sept, my husband and I signed up for a Verizon plan, cancelling our Alltel plan. We later noticed that we could not add the visual voicemail to our plan. It shows "visual voicemail inelegiable". We called customer support at the time, and they said it was because our numbers still showed to be Alltel numbers in the system. However, our area was due to be converted by Nov 21 (today). Soo....still the same thing today...so I call back. I'm told this time that we cannot use visual voicemail until all of the conversion is complete, and they have no timeline for that. Any Verizon Reps around that happen to know which is more accurate?

Thanks!
    11-21-09 03:27 PM
    What they are telling you is true. There are areas that cannot use VVM until the areas are updated to do so. As far as I know, there is not documented time table at a rep level that states when this will done. Sorry.
    11-21-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the response.....I don't think they are lying to us, but one rep told us the areas are being converted seperately and ours would be done around now, the other said we can't use it until the entire conversion is complete. Two different answers. So I was confused and wondering which one was more accurate...
    11-21-09 03:47 PM
    The work around is changing your number, but that's not always fun......I've had my number for 10 years.
    11-21-09 04:26 PM
    ew....lol..changing our number doesn't sound like fun.
    11-21-09 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the response.....I don't think they are lying to us, but one rep told us the areas are being converted seperately and ours would be done around now, the other said we can't use it until the entire conversion is complete. Two different answers. So I was confused and wondering which one was more accurate...
    I would keep checking - I cannot see it taking the entire conversion though.
    11-21-09 04:29 PM
    I would keep checking - I cannot see it taking the entire conversion though.
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I thought I'd see what the "insiders" here said.

Thanks!
    11-21-09 04:32 PM
    I'm in the same boat and was just about to ask this question in the "ask a vzw rep' thread.

Thanks for the info.

I do not intend for this to sound as it may come off, but does this affect our contracts in any way seeing as we do not have access to all of verizon's services?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 04:47 PM
    I'm in the same boat and was just about to ask this question in the "ask a vzw rep' thread.

Thanks for the info.

I do not intend for this to sound as it may come off, but does this affect our contracts in any way seeing as we do not have access to all of verizon's services?

I've wondered the same thing, but I'd assume it doesn't impact our contracts since VVM is an additional feature...just my hunch though.
    11-21-09 04:49 PM
    Is not contract affecting - now if you were being charged for it and did not have access to it (minus outages) this might be.
    11-21-09 05:00 PM
    Is not contract affecting - now if you were being charged for it and did not have access to it (minus outages) this might be.
    I figured as much. Thanks for the confirmation though.

It is frustrating. VVM is an awesome feature from what I can tell.

11-21-09 05:20 PM
    Goole search you mail - this suffice till VVM is availble
    11-21-09 05:21 PM
    Thought about it previously, but I didn't like some of the terms and conditions. But it was so long ago I can't even remember what it was that I had a problem with.

I'm going to give it another look. Thanks raid

11-21-09 05:36 PM
    Watch the partner data use... it is deadly.
    11-21-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD