OK, so I had a Samsung Impression and had to pay $10 for unlimited data. Now I bought an unlocked BB Curve 8300 and am using it. I canceled my $10/mo. internet for the Samsung Impression last month and now I am using my BB Curve 8300 without the data plan.

Question is, can I use the $10/mo. Data Plan for my Impression but use my BB Curve 8300 for the data usage instead?

AT&T still thinks I have a Samsung Impression and if I tell them that I want to have the Data Plan again for $10/month. Will it matter that I am really using a BB Curve for the data usage?

Can they detect what phone I am currently using?
    12-03-09 03:21 PM
    They can detect what phone you use based on the IMEI number that's broadcasted to the cell towers. Further, Blackberry goes through the BIS system, so a normal data plan won't work.

That being said, there are ways around BIS IIRC.....just know that if you try the $10 a month route, the worst that will happen is AT&T raising your data plan price back to $30
    12-03-09 05:14 PM
    The only thing u won't have is push email and can't use the bb browser, just use the media net browser or download another one like opera-mini. Also u won't be able to use the bb app store but everything else will be fine. Just put ur sim card back in ur samsung when u add the data plan and you'll be ok.
    btw, NO need to double post, just be patient and you'll get your answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rdiddy_25; 12-03-09 at 07:15 PM.
    12-03-09 07:11 PM
    You can use normal internet, ATT may try giving you a few months and forcing you to switch to BB data, but you can always switch sim cards or just undo that feature and use your Curve

But yeah, you wont have ANY BB features, such as its browser, appworld, and messenger or push.

But you also save 15 a month
    12-03-09 07:21 PM
    Did you work out your math?

How much did you pay for an unlock (no warranty) Curve and pay only $10/month? Comparing the a new Curve from AT&T with full subsidy w/ BIS data plan.

How much are you really saving? Is it worth it?
    12-03-09 07:33 PM
    So let me get this straight. I also have an impression with unlimited data for 10 dollars a month. I also have a bold. If I take my sim out and put it in my bold I can use the media net,cv video and att media mall with no charge sine i have the 10 dollar data on my account? No bb stuff though
    12-07-09 05:46 PM
    Anyone confirm?
    12-07-09 08:22 PM
    I had an LG Shine and I was paying 10 dollars a month for the unlimited data plan, my friend gave me his curve 8310 and I just put my card in it set it up and it works fine. I can't use the bb features like the email and messanger and the app world but I could care less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD