I just got my iphone today and when I went to go to itunes(that I've never done before) there was already an email address and account on the phone? is this in some way normal? they hooked it up to a computer when they actived it it seems but why would it put anyone elses info on it? or am I possibly vicim of some weird phone swap. As far as I know they cant re-sell iphones.
    11-20-09 10:37 PM
    thats an odd thing to hear. usualy if you bring a phone back they send it back to telus or the manufactuer and they send back another one i think, they wont just throw it out it will be sold again just after the proper referbishment.
    11-21-09 08:18 AM
    robbieee,

I have seen this before. The easiest way to remedy the problem is to soak the phone in 6 litres of high end balsamic vinegar for approx. 48 hours, remove from the vinegar, toss with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, a handful of candied pecans, 1 cup sliced onions and serve chilled. If the phone still works you've been had and are the owner of a hacked device...good luck!!!!
    Last edited by htm986; 11-21-09 at 06:53 PM.
    11-21-09 06:46 PM
    I just wont to someway confirm if this phone has been used beofore or not, heck I shelled out $699 it better be new
    11-21-09 10:10 PM
    All kidding aside that is a strange thing to find on your new iPhone. If I am you I definitely go back to the Telus dealer you bought it from and ask them what's up and maybe ask for a new handset.
    11-22-09 01:20 AM
    I just wont to someway confirm if this phone has been used beofore or not, heck I shelled out $699 it better be new
    If you shelled out $699 for a phone you shouldn't have to put up with any BS: just take it back to the dealer and tell them you want a brand new iphone. Or tell them you want a discount because apparently you've been given a refurbished unit.
    11-22-09 03:20 AM
    robbieee,

I have seen this before. The easiest way to remedy the problem is to soak the phone in 6 litres of high end balsamic vinegar for approx. 48 hours, remove from the vinegar, toss with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, a handful of candied pecans, 1 cup sliced onions and serve chilled. If the phone still works you've been had and are the owner of a hacked device...good luck!!!!
    good one this post should be be placed in a sticky.
    11-22-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD