I'm currently using the EM+ plan for T-mobile and I'm thinking about switching carriers. Do I just have to call T-Mobile and say I want to cancel? and also theres not an ETF since I have the EM+ plan, correct? Do I just call and they'll stop billing me? Help please
    01-31-10 09:47 PM
    If you change your number along with the carrier, your new carrier will terminate your T-mobile account. You will have to pay the last month's bill.
    01-31-10 10:15 PM
    Are you planning to port out to another carrier? If so, just go to the carrier you want to switch to and tell them you want to port out. This will alert T-Mobile that you are leaving and you'll be billed your last bill...no etf cause you're EM+.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 10:32 PM
    EM+ is a non-contract plan, no ETF. If you're switching carriers and doing a number port, let the new carrier complete the port first and your number is working on your new phone, then call and make sure they have put in an order to cancel the account. It's supposed to be automatic, but always make sure yourself. Don't cancel before the port is completed though, or you'll lose the number.

If you're not porting, just call and cancel.
    01-31-10 10:33 PM
    If you want to keep your new number then don't cancel with TMO, let the new carrier do the whole thing for you when you signup. If you cancel first, you will never get that number back.

If you dont' want to keep your number, then cancel with TMO.

In both scenarios, I recommend you do it on or near the end of your billing cycle.
    02-01-10 05:17 AM
    I'm currently using the EM+ plan for T-mobile and I'm thinking about switching carriers. Do I just have to call T-Mobile and say I want to cancel? and also theres not an ETF since I have the EM+ plan, correct? Do I just call and they'll stop billing me? Help please
    You haven't specified why you are considering changing but a word of caution ... the grass isn't always greener on the other side. IMHO, the only carrier on par with or better than (depending on where you are) T-Mobile from a service standpoint is Verizon. And Verizon is very expensive.

AT&T and Sprint are generally poorer service providers than T-Mobile and in the case of AT&T, they are generally an inferior service at a higher price.

It's always prudent to thoroughly explore all your options before changing carriers. As mentioned, the grass isn't generally greener on the other side ... and as it relates to green -- you'll probably be spending more of it with any other carrier and not necessarily for better service.

Caveat Emptor (Latin for "let the buyer beware).
    02-01-10 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD