I'll try to make this short and sweet.

I have always been an additional line on my parents plan and just paid them as the bill came in, pbviously cheaper than having my own plan. Now that I have graduated, my company offered to buy me an Iphone and join their plan, or they would reimburse me for my monthly bill if I chose to keep my 9900.

I am not eligible for an upgrade until November, but I am looking to get my hands on Q10 as soon as I can. Is there any chance of ATT waiving the early opt out fee if it means getting a new customer no longer on a family plan? Any suggestions? I'm thinking of threatening with just leaving and joining my company's Verizon business plan if they aren't willing to work something out. We have had our plan with ATT for 10+ years.
    06-11-13 10:57 AM
    I'll try to make this short and sweet.

I have always been an additional line on my parents plan and just paid them as the bill came in, pbviously cheaper than having my own plan. Now that I have graduated, my company offered to buy me an Iphone and join their plan, or they would reimburse me for my monthly bill if I chose to keep my 9900.

I am not eligible for an upgrade until November, but I am looking to get my hands on Q10 as soon as I can. Is there any chance of ATT waiving the early opt out fee if it means getting a new customer no longer on a family plan? Any suggestions? I'm thinking of threatening with just leaving and joining my company's Verizon business plan if they aren't willing to work something out. We have had our plan with ATT for 10+ years.
    My guess is that you should be able to break off from your parents plan relatively easily but I'm not sure how AT&T will handle the phone upgrade. I just upgraded to the Q10 (hopefully it goes through fine as I did it online last night) and I wasn't officially eligible until November...but I also have 4 lines with AT&T and have been a customer of theirs for over 10 years. My advice is to try an AT&T corporate store first because they always seem to bend over backwards to get a sale...but you'll probably end up having to call customer service if that doesn't work. Good luck....
    06-11-13 12:08 PM