WIND seems to be making serious efforts to fill in and fatten their spectrum holdings if the recent deal with Rogers and Mobilicity and their substantial investment in the last spectrum auction are anything to go by. They are currently focusing on improving their HSPA+ network (some tower transfers have already happened but most will be transferred sometime in the new year), with LTE to follow later when the new spectrum kicks in.

It's been rumoured for a while that WIND's been talking to Quebecor but no-one seems to be really sure what they've been talking about. An article in today's G&M sheds some more light on the situation.

Interesting snippet then full article link for all the details:

"His comments Wednesday were in line with what the company has been signalling for months – that it will not risk its balance sheet with an expensive expansion outside of Quebec – while still leaving open the possibility of some type of partnership with Wind Mobile Corp.

Quebecor owns significant spectrum – the radio waves used to deliver cellular services – outside its home province, with licences acquired in government auctions in 2014 and 2015 for a total of about $300-million, Mr. Pruneau said, adding that he believes they are “definitely worth more than that.”

Now the company is considering “transferring the spectrum to a third party for cash, securities or both,” he said, later explaining that could mean a sale to one of Canada’s Big Three carriers or a sale or partnership with Wind.

“Going with Wind could be cash or could be for securities – then it brings the partnership on,” Mr. Pruneau said, adding that Quebecor could bring “value to Wind’s operations” through the spectrum licences but also through its expertise and purchasing power for mobile handsets for instance."

Link for full info:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle26380653/
    jenaram likes this.
    09-16-15 03:22 PM
    Hi link tells me "forbidden"?

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.2.2226 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    09-19-15 10:17 AM
    Correct the URL before posting, nobody can view it. Lol :O

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    09-23-15 03:39 AM