I purchased a new blackberry storm 9530 online for my upgrade. I received it and it had 2 dots on the box: a small green one and a big yellow one. When I opened it and lifted the back cover to put the battery in it, it was dirty and there were scribbles in marker. I'm guessing it's refurbished. Will they do anything for me at the store? I purchased a new phone and want a new phone. Will they give me problems? I called them and they didn't help much.
    12-01-09 01:02 PM
    Its impossible to get a used phone but if you think it is, definately take it into a store and show them what you are talking about(in terms of it being used)
    12-01-09 01:17 PM
    I purchased a new blackberry storm 9530 online for my upgrade. I received it and it had 2 dots on the box: a small green one and a big yellow one. When I opened it and lifted the back cover to put the battery in it, it was dirty and there were scribbles in marker. I'm guessing it's refurbished. Will they do anything for me at the store? I purchased a new phone and want a new phone. Will they give me problems? I called them and they didn't help much.
    Where was the phone "dirty" and where were the scribbles?

The dots indicate it was updated with the latest OS and other software updates.
    12-01-09 01:21 PM
    They don't sell refurbs as new unless it was a freak accident. Box everything up and go to your nearest store and voice your concerns

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 01:22 PM
    They don't sell refurbs as new unless it was a freak accident. Box everything up and go to your nearest store and voice your concerns

Plus refurb is phone only no batt/charger etc...
    Strange...
    12-01-09 01:46 PM
    It sounds like it might be a refurb. I would make them exchange it.
    12-01-09 02:04 PM
    It could be a new phone that was in the warehouse before the latest software was available. If so they had to unbox the phone to do the software update.

12-01-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD