Hey, if anyone is interested, Public Mobile has a promotion on right now....
    90 day plan
    12GB per 90 days
    Unlimited PROVINCE WIDE calling
    Unlimited GLOBAL texting

Can also lower your bill with discounts. $2 for pre authorized payments, loyalty, referral rewards, community involvement...

I switched to PM just over a year ago and I'm loving it. Just a few things to note. Currently they don't offer any roaming options but they have announced they will be coming out with US roaming add ons within the next few months.

Add ons never expire so if you buy a long distance add on to call nation wide the minutes never expire.

There is no call centre support, all support is done through the forum and email system. They do not sell phones but do have a refurbished phone partner they recommend.

BBOS (5, 6, 7) are not supported for data service (BIS)

More information on the promotion can be found here: Limited Time 4GB / $40 Plan Promo launching Octobe... - Community

Ask if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask for my phone number to use a referral 😉
    Anaik17 likes this.
    11-01-16 09:02 AM
    thanks for the info!
    11-01-16 10:36 AM
    How's the network, and where do you live? I'm assuming there are no overages on data, what's are the add ons for more data?
    11-02-16 09:11 PM
    Interesting. Never heard of them. But yes similar questions about service areas and where you live and how it is there.
    11-02-16 09:13 PM
    They use the Telus network so anywhere Telus works PM works. I've had no coverage issues in southern Ontario yet, and actually better then Bell in a few areas.

When you run out of data (your regular, or if you had an add on) it just cuts off. You buy an additional add on to use it again before you renew.

These are the add ons available. And again they don't expire, and apparently US roaming is coming.
    Attached Thumbnails Public Mobile 4GB /month promotion-24504.jpg  
    11-02-16 09:26 PM
    Chevpower394, I signed on recently and so far it's good, I'm happy to save $25+/mo (from Virgin65) but there's one thing: I tried a tiny app update over the air & failed. Am I suposed to change a setting? Using a Q10
    11-14-16 12:56 PM
    I didn't have to change anything on my Q10 when I switched over. All the apn's changed themselves. Has the update failed again?
    11-15-16 01:28 PM
    Has the update failed again?
    It finally worked when I chose to update all, one of them being Blackberry world. I think I did it on wi-fi though.

Which strangely now wants to be updated again, but it doesn't specify how large the update is so I can decide if I want to do it OTA. I may go back to a flip phone. Lol
    11-17-16 12:17 PM
    Don't talk crazy talk!
    11-18-16 04:35 AM
    Don't talk crazy talk!
    Lol
    crazy talks as crazy is
    My crazy increases with each new bb problem
    11-18-16 10:16 PM
    I switched from Rogers Wireless to Public Mobile today. The same features are approximately 45-50% less expensive. I do not use long distance much but for now will keep the unlimited Canada-wide talk portion, but as my remote consulting work increases, having the "almost free" nation-wide long distance feature might come in handy. Personally, I prefer email and text messages for communication with the exception of a family emergency.
    03-23-18 02:32 PM