Can you use WiFi calling on a unlimited prepaid plan?
    Yes you can.
    12-27-15 05:57 PM
    Yup WiFi Calling working like a charm on z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2876 with 2814 radio.
    Loving it!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    12-28-15 05:15 PM
    Does anyone know how to upgrade to os 10.3 with a prepaid account?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 03:35 PM
    Does anyone know how to upgrade to os 10.3 with a prepaid account?

Posted via CB10
    You most likely can't. But just nuke it with an autoloader.
    Connect to your computer and let it fly.
    It will delete everything so make sure you do the proper backup.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 09:53 PM
    You most likely can't. But just nuke it with an autoloader.
    Connect to your computer and let it fly.
    It will delete everything so make sure you do the proper backup.
    Why would you need to wipe everything because someone is on a prepaid account? The only difference is the way the service is paid for. This advice makes no sense.
    12-31-15 03:17 AM
    A phone is a phone -- you can use non-destructive methods of upgrading. Check here: BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    12-31-15 08:37 AM
    Why would you need to wipe everything because someone is on a prepaid account? The only difference is the way the service is paid for. This advice makes no sense.
    You dont.
    He could do a non-destructive upgrade.
    What I meant was that you wont get any OTA upgrades to 10.3 based on the premise that someone may still be stuck on 10.2.1.xxxx (with the latest WiFi Calling officially working).
    But maybe I assumed too much.
    Also in my opinion full system clean ups/ upgrades are always recommend over OTAs and non-destructive Blitzs.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 08:26 AM
    That's an understatement. There's unnecessary assumptions and negative commentary. If you want to be strictly helpful (and not constantly trolling), then post the warning and any workarounds. You didn't pop up in the forums yesterday, so you know better.
    Seriously? I found the guys post to be informative. Why are you getting your panties in a wad??? You are the one trolling!
    lift likes this.
    01-05-16 10:57 AM
    UPDATE: 01/05/2016 : 13:15 EST
    I found the bar file from October, and I sideloaded it using the Chrome extension.
    The app doesn't show up on the device, but in the chrome extension, you can click Launch
    and it will launch the app on your device. I disabled wifi calling, so I will post back in a few days with the results to see if my battery is still draining.
    ORIGINAL : 01/05/2016 : 13:00 EST
    So I update to Software Release 10.3.2.2836 / OS Version 10.3.2.2876 with the OTA update in my BlackBerry Settings.
    I now have a wifi calling icon in the top right.
    Since the update, my Passport gets really hot sometimes and the battery only lasts about 6 hours.
    TMO support put me through to BlackBerry TMO support, then sent me directly to BlackBerry.
    Still have no resolution, but they are looking at my log files and said they would get back to me in 2 days.

I honestly think if I can get the current bar file for the TMO wifi calling app, I could sideload and disable wifi calling to fix it.
    But since I got my Passport from BlackBerry, I do not have access to the TMO section in BlackBerry World.

If anyone has the bar file, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I will also post my findings.
    Last edited by xRuhRohx; 01-05-16 at 12:20 PM.
    01-05-16 12:00 PM
    UPDATE: 01/05/2016 : 13:15 EST
    I found the bar file from October, and I sideloaded it using the Chrome extension.
    The app doesn't show up on the device, but in the chrome extension, you can click Launch
    and it will launch the app on your device. I disabled wifi calling, so I will post back in a few days with the results to see if my battery is still draining.
    ORIGINAL : 01/05/2016 : 13:00 EST
    So I update to Software Release 10.3.2.2836 / OS Version 10.3.2.2876 with the OTA update in my BlackBerry Settings.
    I now have a wifi calling icon in the top right.
    Since the update, my Passport gets really hot sometimes and the battery only lasts about 6 hours.
    TMO support put me through to BlackBerry TMO support, then sent me directly to BlackBerry.
    Still have no resolution, but they are looking at my log files and said they would get back to me in 2 days.

I honestly think if I can get the current bar file for the TMO wifi calling app, I could sideload and disable wifi calling to fix it.
    But since I got my Passport from BlackBerry, I do not have access to the TMO section in BlackBerry World.

If anyone has the bar file, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I will also post my findings.
    Wi-Fi Calling is busted on T-Mobile with OS Version 10.3.2.2876 via OTA install because it comes with the Radio version 10.3.2.2877. If you'd like Wi-Fi Calling back, install Radio 10.3.2.2814 (one release back). Search for the thread on 10.3.2.2813 for file links.

As for being able to access the T-Mobile section in BlackBerry World, make sure you're on cell as well as wi-fi. If you're wi-fi only, you won't see the section.
    01-05-16 12:58 PM
    Wi-Fi Calling is busted on T-Mobile with OS Version 10.3.2.2876 via OTA install because it comes with the Radio version 10.3.2.2877. If you'd like Wi-Fi Calling back, install Radio 10.3.2.2814 (one release back). Search for the thread on 10.3.2.2813 for file links.

As for being able to access the T-Mobile section in BlackBerry World, make sure you're on cell as well as wi-fi. If you're wi-fi only, you won't see the section.
    I don't see the TMO section either on wifi, wireless network, or both.
    I see it on my old Q10 and Z10, but TMO sold both at one time.
    So I just assumed it was because they never sold the Passport.
    01-05-16 02:20 PM
    I don't see the TMO section either on wifi, wireless network, or both.
    I see it on my old Q10 and Z10, but TMO sold both at one time.
    So I just assumed it was because they never sold the Passport.
    This is a correct assumption. You will not see it on the Passport.

Posted via CB10 on me red Blackberry Passport
    01-05-16 02:25 PM
    This is a correct assumption. You will not see it on the Passport.
    Apologies to xRuhRohx. This is right. I didn't have it on my Z30 either. I had problems seeing it on the Z10, but that was when I was on wi-fi only and not both wi-fi and cell.
    01-05-16 04:30 PM
    Apologies to xRuhRohx. This is right. I didn't have it on my Z30 either. I had problems seeing it on the Z10, but that was when I was on wi-fi only and not both wi-fi and cell.
    Another scenario it won't work, when roaming (domestic or international)

Posted via CB10 on me red Blackberry Passport
    01-05-16 10:41 PM
    UPDATE: 01/07/2016 : 08:23 EST
    My Passport has not gotten hot since I disabled wifi calling.
    Battery seems to be back to what it was before the last update.

Here is a link to the signed bar file if anyone is interested.
    Or has the same problem as I did.
    http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar
    01-07-16 07:28 AM
    Thanks you just saved my z30...awesome that you can put Wifi calling on and off

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 11:24 AM
    Does anyone know if Wifi calling now also works with other carriers?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 04:45 AM
    For some people, with this new release now the have WiFi calling. For some, the WiFi calling feature got broke after install the last OTA update. This is weird. Is it possible that those that always perform officials OTA updates get different results that those that update from manual updates?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 07:28 AM
    For some people, with this new release now the have WiFi calling. For some, the WiFi calling feature got broke after install the last OTA update. This is weird. Is it possible that those that always perform officials OTA updates get different results that those that update from manual updates?
    As long as it's the same build, no it isn't possible--you get it or you don't, regardless of the OS' source. But how do people have WFC working after installing this build? Just an icon showing up doesn't mean it's working.
    01-17-16 10:04 AM
    Does anyone know if Wifi calling now also works with other carriers?

Posted via CB10
    AT&T and Verizon have their own version of WFC, and none work on BBerry devices. AT&T is iPhone only and Verizon seems to work on a couple of Androids. BUT you cannot load WFC from T-mo and then go use it on another carrier.
    01-17-16 10:54 AM
    I replaced the radio files as mentioned above, and WiFi calling came back, however, it disconnects and is stuck on "enabling" after an inconsistent amount of time. Sometimes it's 45 minutes, sometimes it's 3 hours.

A reboot will rectify it, but curious if anyone else is experiencing the same behavior.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 12:00 PM
    I replaced the radio files as mentioned above, and WiFi calling came back, however, it disconnects and is stuck on "enabling" after an inconsistent amount of time. Sometimes it's 45 minutes, sometimes it's 3 hours.

A reboot will rectify it, but curious if anyone else is experiencing the same behavior.
    As of late, mine connects immediately. Have you tried toggling Airplane mode instead of rebooting?
    01-18-16 01:51 PM
    As of late, mine connects immediately. Have you tried toggling Airplane mode instead of rebooting?
    Yes, but doesn't work. Have to reboot

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 03:05 PM
    Yes, but doesn't work. Have to reboot
    Wow, that's annoying.
    01-18-16 03:30 PM
    Wow, that's annoying.
    And you only restored the radio file? Not the core os?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 12:04 AM
80 1234