BlackBerry with their infinite wisdom just put out an update that breaks wifi calling on unlocked BB10 devices. Way to go BlackBerry. And I actually thought that all future updates would continue to allow wifi calling. What a joke.
    12-17-15 08:49 PM
    Haven't we established that the carriers are the ones responsible for configuring wi-fi capability with the OS, not Blackberry making sure its OS works with whatever framework each individual carriers uses for wi-fi?
    raino and bungaboy like this.
    12-17-15 09:10 PM
    Just passing along information.
    12-17-15 09:56 PM
    Thanks for the thread. They should add this info bolded to the release threads. I upgraded because some dbags said they got wi-fi calling on this release in the comments.

I guess I'm going to try to downgrade core and radio and hope it works again.

Posted via CB10 on me red Blackberry Passport
    12-17-15 10:48 PM
    Ummmm there is a warning to load at your own risk
    12-18-15 12:15 AM
    Yeah, from Sachesi. I loaded it officially OTA but I checked thread and comments beforehand.

Btw you can nondestructively downgrade core and radio file with Sachesi to get wi-fi calling back.... AT YOUR OWN RISK!

12-18-15 12:27 AM
    Thanks for the thread. They should add this info bolded to the release threads. I upgraded because some dbags said they got wi-fi calling on this release in the comments.

I guess I'm going to try to downgrade core and radio and hope it works again.

is there any way of installing the wifi calling bar file in this os ? will it works?!
    12-18-15 02:13 AM
    is there any way of installing the wifi calling bar file in this os ? will it works?!
    Nah bro, it'll just throw REG99 error and not work. You can pull the updated apps from this release but you need to use older core and radio bars from the sprint release if you want working wifi calling.

12-18-15 05:38 AM
    Nah bro, it'll just throw REG99 error and not work. You can pull the updated apps from this release but you need to use older core and radio bars from the sprint release if you want working wifi calling.

ok, nah im not sure if ill even update to this update i havent install it yet thought of waiting for while
    till see a major change. mine is tmobile
    12-18-15 07:44 AM
    BlackBerry with their infinite wisdom just put out an update that breaks wifi calling on unlocked BB10 devices. Way to go BlackBerry. And I actually thought that all future updates would continue to allow wifi calling. What a joke.
    Yeah, sticking with 2789. However, if you are getting any sighs of life (for instance, getting REG99, that actually indicates the service is likely workable.

Also, if you are being offered this opdate on an unlocked (as opposed to T-Mo branded) it's not from t-mo, but BBerry.
    Last edited by scrannel; 12-18-15 at 10:11 AM.
    12-18-15 09:56 AM
    Just passing along information.
    That's an understatement. There's unnecessary assumptions and negative commentary. If you want to be strictly helpful (and not constantly trolling), then post the warning and any workarounds. You didn't pop up in the forums yesterday, so you know better.
    12-18-15 12:47 PM
    OS Version 10.3.2.2789, Wi-Fi Calling works

OS Version 10.3.2.2813, Wi-Fi Calling works

OS Version 10.3.2.2876, Wi-Fi Calling REG99 error
    - workarounds tried but no success:
    a) Airplane mode off, then on
    b) Restart
    c) phone off for five minutes, then on again
    - workaround with reported success:
    a) restore 10.3.2.2813 OS and radio files via Sachesi
    12-18-15 12:53 PM
    Can you use WiFi calling on a unlimited prepaid plan?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 02:36 PM
    You didn't pop up in the forums yesterday, so you know better.
    What's that supposed to mean? I was in the forums yesterday. My assumptions and negative commentary were also correct. Maybe you didn't like them but that didn't make them incorrect.
    12-18-15 02:53 PM
    What's that supposed to mean? I was in the forums yesterday. My assumptions and negative commentary were also correct. Maybe you didn't like them but that didn't make them incorrect.
    It means you're a veteran on this site and know the difference between passing along information and trolling. If you were "just passing along information", then just pass it along, like I did in post #12.

Read what you wrote. I assume you have enough command of English to understand that you weren't just "passing along information", but instead were trying to inflame:

raino likes this.
    12-18-15 03:15 PM
    It means you're a veteran on this site and know the difference between passing along information and trolling. If you were "just passing along information", then just pass it along, like I did in post #12.

Read what you wrote. I assume you have enough command of English to understand that you weren't just "passing along information", but instead were trying to inflame:
    I wasn't trying to inflame. In my opinion they screwed up. I, like yourself, am entitled to my opinion. The last 2 OS's released both white listed WiFi calling on all BB10 devices. The Unlocked Priv (even the AT&T model when you unlock it) both have wifi calling enabled for T-Mobile.
    So what's BlackBerry's problem then with releasing an OS like this that breaks something that many people wanted/needed.
    My unlocked iPhone just had an OS update. Guess what, WiFi calling still works. The Priv was just updated. Guess what, WiFi calling still works. So again, tell me what was wrong with what I wrote earlier.
    BlackBerry either doesn't care about BB10 users on T-Mobile or they screwed up. Which one is it then in your opinion.
    teevolt likes this.
    12-18-15 03:23 PM
    I wasn't trying to inflame. In my opinion they screwed up. I, like yourself, am entitled to my opinion. The last 2 OS's released both white listed WiFi calling on all BB10 devices. The Unlocked Priv (even the AT&T model when you unlock it) both have wifi calling enabled for T-Mobile.
    So what's BlackBerry's problem then with releasing an OS like this that breaks something that many people wanted/needed.
    My unlocked iPhone just had an OS update. Guess what, WiFi calling still works. The Priv was just updated. Guess what, WiFi calling still works. So again, tell me what was wrong with what I wrote earlier.
    BlackBerry either doesn't care about BB10 users on T-Mobile or they screwed up. Which one is it then in your opinion.
    I had no problem with you stating an opinion and interjecting some sarcasm in your original post. When someone addressed your opinion and sarcasm, you said you were "just passing along information". Really, that's all? You have no comprehension of English enough to know better?

Yes, something broke in this OS release. So what? Things break with every OS release. Your iPhone still has Wi-Fi Calling, "yeah" for you? What about all iPhone users? Why can't they have Wi-Fi Calling, like with all BlackBerry's on T-Mobile? Apple makes a conscious decision to screw over their users and they get a pass. BlackBerry got Wi-Fi Calling on all BlackBerry's and broke it on this release. Maybe they'll fix it, huh?
    12-18-15 03:46 PM
    I had no problem with you stating an opinion and interjecting some sarcasm in your original post. When someone addressed your opinion and sarcasm, you said you were "just passing along information". Really, that's all? You have no comprehension of English enough to know better?

Yes, something broke in this OS release. So what? Things break with every OS release. Your iPhone still has Wi-Fi Calling, "yeah" for you? What about all iPhone users? Why can't they have Wi-Fi Calling, like with all BlackBerry's on T-Mobile? Apple makes a conscious decision to screw over their users and they get a pass. BlackBerry got Wi-Fi Calling on all BlackBerry's and broke it on this release. Maybe they'll fix it, huh?
    Your last post was full of errors and it is now obvious that you don't understand the whole wifi calling thing. I am done going back and forth with you. Good luck.
    12-18-15 03:57 PM
    Your last post was full of errors and it is now obvious that you don't understand the whole wifi calling thing. I am done going back and forth with you. Good luck.
    Yep, you're quick to criticize others, but can't take criticism when it's directed at you.
    12-18-15 04:10 PM
    We're not really sure what breaks wifi calling. IMS code never goes away. It is quite possible Tmo sniffs the OS and says no.

It might be interesting just to load the upgraded Android stuff. VLC runs on my 2789/Z10, but not Kodi.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 06:36 PM
    We're not really sure what breaks wifi calling. IMS code never goes away. It is quite possible Tmo sniffs the OS and says no.

It might be interesting just to load the upgraded Android stuff. VLC runs on my 2789/Z10, but not Kodi.
    I wonder if it would help to escalate with Customer Service so they're aware a new OS Version has been released... I'll try this evening...
    12-18-15 07:04 PM
    I installed it on my unlocked Passport on TMO and for the first time EVER I now HAVE wifi calling. Jim

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 09:02 PM
    Tested on my spare Passport. Wifi calling is broken on this release. The handset starts a connection to T-Mobile on port udp 5106 but nothing happens after that. It may be T-mobile blocking it.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 09:54 PM
    Tested on my spare Passport. Wifi calling is broken on this release. The handset starts a connection to T-Mobile on port udp 5106 but nothing happens after that. It may be T-mobile blocking it.

Posted via CB10
    How do you sniff wifi calling?

I figured I could hack a linux box to act as a wap then Wireshark , but I wasn't keen on trying to get it working again. When I comes to linux sound and networking, I rather not mess with what is working.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 12:22 AM
    Weird, I just updated from the last official release and I have a Wi-Fi calling icon on the top right for the first time. It's not connected, but it's there.
    12-19-15 01:20 AM
80 123 ...