I don't know what I'm doing wrong but for the past week I haven''t been able to view crackberry.com from my 8330. My gf has the red version and is having the same problem. I've cleared my cache, cookies etc., but I just get a blank screen. I switched emulators modes from "blackberry" to "microsoft ie" etc... I called Sprint and was told to reset my browser settings to default, and still I cannot view CB. Is it a carrier issue? Has anyone else had or still have these problems? I can use "BOLT" browser but its not
    convenient for me, and the only changes I have made is updating my OS to 4.5.175

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-05-09 09:22 PM
    have you tried to download the cb mobile app from here. It works fine on my 8330

http://m.crackberry.com/
    11-05-09 10:31 PM
    Thanks for the response but I've tried the mobile app but its just not the same. I enjoy the full site better. I have been viewing the full site for over a year now. Even when I had my moto razr. And all of sudden I can't. For me reading crackberry.com first thing in the morning is my fix. Its like reading the Boston Herald or the Globe. You can't just switch to the Metro. Its a tease. I emailed Kevin on this matter and haven't heard back yet. Does anyone have any more ideas???!!!!
    11-06-09 06:30 AM
    I was able to load the full site in the BB Browser, but it was painfully slow. I was stuck loading (it said 10k of 214k) for a little bit before it finally opened the page. I also had a white screen. Perhaps that's what yours is doing, and it's just taking longer to completely download.

9630/5.0.0.238
    11-06-09 09:57 AM
    That's not the case for me. The Tour is slow loading the site but it loads after a little while. My 8330 has completely downloaded the page it's just blank, and it's been that way for a half hour so far. I wish I knew how to put a screen shot up to show you guys. I think I'm just screwed. Thanks anyway
    11-06-09 11:00 PM
    You can use the app called Capture It to take a screen shot of your phone.
    11-09-09 11:20 AM
    I have Capture It but I just don't know how to put the screen shot on a forum. This is just horrible guys, no one knows what to do. I called Sprint back and the Blackberry Support rep (who doesn't uses an iPhone) told me he thinks I should get
    another phone or go back to 4.5.131. WT*. .175 was working just fine for 2 weeks and now it doesn't. Maybe I should post this issue in another forum. Some one has to have a way to help. I don't like using the mobile version, I'm not to fond of Opera Mini and Bolt just isn't the same as my native browser. Is it Sprint, .175, my 8330, crackberry.com or just me?
    11-11-09 09:18 AM
    in my opinion i would think its .175 as a last resort what i would do is .. wipe the device completely using swissamry and reload the os from start.. its wierd how when you do updates you get wierd glitches sometimes.. so this might be one since ive seen ppl have wierd things happen to thier phones after a update.. luckily i never experienced one of those moments. but try that if your willing to do t?
    11-11-09 09:39 AM
    I too have had the same problem. I have the regular 8330 and my wife has the 8330m and we both cant access the crackberry site from our phones. Tried all the same stuff as you. Seems that after I upgraded to .175 it wouldnt load anymore. I need my crackberry fix at work. Hopefully someone has a solution to this!!
    Same problem here ever since the OS upgrade to .175

ETA: I should clarify, I can get to the site and navigate, although slow, but can not log-in...it takes forever while "Running Script" and showing the little hourglass until I get a blank white screen whenever trying to log-in.
    Last edited by NellieRose; 11-12-09 at 12:48 PM. Reason: update to info
    11-12-09 12:45 PM
    have you tried to download the cb mobile app from here. It works fine on my 8330

http://m.crackberry.com/
    For some reason I thought my Crackberry Mobile bookmark was set to "m.crackberry.com" but after double checking it just now I found it was not.

Now that I changed it over I can access the site fine again....never had a problem accessing the site thru my 8330m until the OS upgrade to .175?!?

Thanks......
    11-12-09 01:23 PM
    Glad you fixed it
    11-12-09 03:39 PM
    in my opinion i would think its .175 as a last resort what i would do is .. wipe the device completely using swissamry and reload the os from start.. its wierd how when you do updates you get wierd glitches sometimes.. so this might be one since ive seen ppl have wierd things happen to thier phones after a update.. luckily i never experienced one of those moments. but try that if your willing to do t?
    Thanks Jo_795. I think I might just use to bbsak to reload the OS. I'm silly for not thinking of that before. When I switched from 4.3 to 4.5.131 I notices a few minor glitches. But by no means is this a small issue for me.The Sprint Blackberry Support Rep (an iphone user ) did suggested that I roll back to .131. Thanks a lot all of you guys for the responses, I was starting to think it was just me. I will try tomorrow after work and keep everyone posted on my results.
    11-12-09 11:07 PM
    For some reason I thought my Crackberry Mobile bookmark was set to "m.crackberry.com" but after double checking it just now I found it was not.

Now that I changed it over I can access the site fine again....never had a problem accessing the site thru my 8330m until the OS upgrade to .175?!?

Thanks......
    Glad it worked out for you I can view either site from mine the mobile site is faster but the reg site isnt really that slow to load on my 8330. But then again I dont download many things on it
    11-12-09 11:20 PM
    I noticed this same problem last night. I have a Curve 8330 with Sprint, and recently upgraded 4.5.0.175 OS. I had been accessing m.crackberry.com in the native browser with no problems until last night. Now when I try to load it, I get the msg: "A problem occurred while trying to render the page." I have dumped the cahce, cleared the cookies, rebooted, nothing helps. I just tried to use BOLT browser to download the CB mobile site launcher button, but that's not working either and just tried to DL an unreadable 1K .jad file. I wonder if Sprint is all of a sudden trying to prevent our access to Crackberry, because it sees CB App Store as a competitor to the Sprint store? The problem with that hypothesis, is that my CB App Store client is working, unless Sprint just hasn't figured out how to disable it yet?
    I had DLed Opera Mini 5 beta, but decided I did not like it, so deleted it, but now I can't access the mobile CB free apps list that has the link to DL the previous version of Opera Mini.
    11-14-09 04:39 PM
    AHA! Found Opera Mini and DLed the CB mobile launcher, and checked the URL. m.crackberry.com's actual address is apparently now wap.crackberry.com. I am guessing this is a recent change in Crackberry, because my previous bookmarks were m.crackberry.com, which worked until last night. So try typing wap.crackberry.com in the native browser and see if that helps.
    11-14-09 05:06 PM
    wap works and I use the beta mobile app to log in. I'm just going to back up my 3rd party apps and reload th OS from a different source. I think it's a OS glitch, because it used to work with 4.3, 4.5.131,5.0.238 and now 4.5.175. but recently .175 stopped working and just show's a blank screen.
    **BerryWritter** I have a 8330. The Tour take a really long time to download the full version of the site, but it loads non the same.
    11-15-09 05:03 PM
    I have had some similar issues. What I have found is if I go to the mobile site and try to 'exit to full version' from the main page of the mobile site I get the white screen. However, if I sign onto the mobile site, click on forums then scroll down to 'return to default view' I can switch over to the full site. I have to do the opposite when signing into crackberry. When signing in I have to switch from the full site to the mobile by clicking on the phone icon, sign in under mobile then click on 'return to default view' to get back to the full site, making sure I reload the screen when I get there. I think this is related to the recent redesign of the wap site and not a .175 issue but can't be sure.
    11-16-09 09:04 AM
    gsoscott...you are wonderful!! I am having the same issues. I am not at all tech savy, so I thought this was just me. I have posted in different areas here, and no one could help. I tried your suggestion and it works like a charm. Still it's a pain to have to do all that. Is Crackberry aware of the problem??
    11-18-09 05:45 PM
    AJH, glad I could help. I don't know if CB knows about this or not but have to guess they have seen these threads. A way to make things simpler is to bookmark your favorite forum and use that to get to the site. Still have to switch to mobile to sign in or out but if you don't mind staying signed in makes it a little easier.
    Last edited by gsoscott; 11-18-09 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    11-18-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD