I've had my Bold since December 2010. Just within this month my phone started doing the "double key input" thing where it types two of certain letters when you type them. It was fine before, and now it's driving me crazy! I've learned from people on here that it's a hardware issue, so I was wondering if anyone has had this problem specifically with Telus and what process they went through to get the problem rectified. (i.e. do they fix it, do they replace it? How long will it take etc.)

I'm trying to decide whether I should put in the effort to try to get it fixed or just live with the annoyance of the problem.
    08-11-11 03:11 PM
    Well, the good news is that you do have until December 2011 to get your device swapped out by your warranty coverage. I personally haven't had this problem, but here's what you should do to get it fixed.

Take advantage of the warranty, what they'll do is send out your phone and get it repaired free-of-charge. The process will take anywhere from a week and a half to four weeks. You'll have to drop it off at your local product care center (not a TELUS dealer, but an actual TELUS corporate store [usually found in malls]). Simply tell them what's up, they'll document it and ship the phone out to be fixed.

Providing there is no water damage (check the moisture tabs to be safe) you'll either get your exact phone back or if they can't fix it or don't have enough spare parts, etc etc, they'll send back a brand new device (same model) again, free of charge.
    08-11-11 04:17 PM
    Do use warranty for sure in your case.

If you are out of warranty, there are fixes you can do and it's cheap. I just ordered 5 replacement keyboard membranes for less than $10 and planning on replacing two 9780 with it.
    08-19-11 10:47 PM
    I have the same problem. Makes my phone unusable at times. Telus support claims they've never heard of the problem, and have never had someone send a phone back for it. But they are willing to take my phone in for warranty repairs. Unfortunately I use the phone for work, and can't afford to go weeks without it.

I keep demanding they replace the phone in store, no wait times. I don't want a different phone back in a month. I want a workable phone now.
    08-31-11 11:00 AM
    I replaced 2 x 9780 with the part. It works great now and cost is minimal. No downtime with the phone
    09-03-11 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD