Is there a way (or even a guide somewhere) that explains how to modify the PRL to make 1 tower more prefered over another? I installed signalloc on my BB and just sitting at my desk and not moving I hit 5 different towers (and I wonder why I drop calls?). Anyways, one tower is about 1/4 mile away and is clear line of site. It spend the majority amount of time connected to that tower, but I want it to stay connected to that one all the time. I have the same issue at home, yet Alltel claims there is no problem (and that goes from data to no data). I already have QPST and am familiar with its use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by USAF_pride; 08-18-09 at 03:49 PM.
    08-18-09 03:32 PM
    Is there a way (or even a guide somewhere) that explains how to modify the PRL to make 1 tower more prefered over another? I installed signalloc on my BB and just sitting at my desk and not moving I hit 5 different towers (and I wonder why I drop calls?). Anyways, one tower is about 1/4 mile away and is clear line of site. It spend the majority amount of time connected to that tower, but I want it to stay connected to that one all the time. I have the same issue at home, yet Alltel claims there is no problem (and that goes from data to no data). I already have QPST and am familiar with its use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I can't help you with QPST. However, I am curious to know if the tower 1/4 mile away is broadcasting the same sid as the other towers.
    08-18-09 05:28 PM
    PRLs are not specific enough to isolate one particular tower.
    08-18-09 06:11 PM
    PRLs are not specific enough to isolate one particular tower.
    Arghh. Just when I thought I had it licked. Foiled again.
    08-18-09 06:28 PM
    From my underststanding a SID is a group of towers. It's possible those 5 towers your device sees are not all on the same SID. Open the prl in the QPST Rl editor. The bottom section you will see has a list of Subnet IDs near the right hand side. Find the sids in your area then on that line on the left side you will see if the sid is preferred (Pref) or negged (Neg). You can click on that part and change a sid from pref to neg and vice versa. You can also change the priority from Same to More or vice versa along with turning the roaming indicator on or not and a few other things. Hope this helps.

forkup
    Last edited by forkup; 08-23-09 at 07:58 AM.
    08-23-09 07:54 AM
    Just checked and they are all the same SID. The main issue is that it normally connects to one 1.3 miles away and it has an awesome signal, then without moving, it connects to one 4.6 miles away and I have no signal at all. Thanks for attempting to help.
    08-29-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD