I just purchased a new bold 9700 w/2 year contract.. previous to this.. i used a prepaid #..

since i am out of the country.. and will not be back for a few months.. i was wondering how possible it would be in order for me to transfer this prepaid to postpaid.. given that both accounts are already existing accounts. i do not care about any of the credit on the prepaid account.

i'm not happy with the number in my new contract.. but before i call requesting a number change i wanted to see if i could transfer.

thanks.
    12-01-09 01:01 AM
    You would have to contact the carrier on your prepaid account. From my experiences, unless things have changed, most of the PP carriers 'owned' their numbers they issued, and weren't subject to transferring or porting them over. I don't know if this has changed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 01:14 AM
    You would have to contact the carrier on your prepaid account. From my experiences, unless things have changed, most of the PP carriers 'owned' their numbers they issued, and weren't subject to transferring or porting them over. I don't know if this has changed.

hi.. thanks for quick reply.

just an FYI.. the prepaid is also AT&T.

So would it be possible to port over.. even though both accounts are existing? Both accounts are under my name.

Thanks.
    12-01-09 01:17 AM
    No, prepay numbers HAVE to stay in the prepay pool. Sorry, you'll have to stay with ur new number.

12-01-09 07:24 PM
    On tmobile when I had prepaid, they would not transfer me to anything but prepaid. Basically they told me that they have 2 databases, prepaid numbers, and post paid numbers. The numbers cannot be transfered from database to database.

Not sure about att.
    12-01-09 07:47 PM
    I gave at&t a call.. and asked if this was possible.. they informed me it was but i had to visit an at&t store in order to do so.

I know you can transfer at&t prepaid to postpaid.. but wasn't sure if it was possible to use an existing prepaid number to replace an existing postpaid account.. apparently it is.. but i guess we'll see next time i'm back in the states and am able to do so.
    12-02-09 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD