Hello, I'm a new Rogers customer (got the BOLD), and I am looking to trade the BOLd with another Rogers customer.

I just wanted to know if such a trade is allowed by Rogers?

I signed on for a 3 year contract, I'm keeping my contract of course, just a phone swap with another rogers customer.

Has anyone here done this?

Thanks!
    01-02-09 01:36 AM
    Yes you can do that.

3 Year Contract doesn't mean you have to use this specific type of phone you chose for 3 years, it just means you have to use the service for 3 years.
    01-02-09 03:09 AM
    ^^
    Just remember that whoever gets your phone doesn't assume your plan -- and vice versa...that is assuming you are keeping your SIM card. and not trading that.

If whoever you're trading with doesn't have a data plan, any internet usage will be pay-per-use (the mobile internet plan for the traditional cell phones doesn't apply to a BlackBerry). Just make sure the person who is getting your Bold realizes that. Otherwise, they could start to get on your case for the charges they racked up when it was really their fault.
    01-02-09 10:10 AM
    i got 4 phones in a year, yes you can! you can also get someone to get your plan which i did as well 3 years ago
    01-02-09 12:18 PM
    Thank you everyone for your advice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 03:50 PM
    What are the steps to take in trading phones? Is it as simple as wiping your devices, and switching sim cards? is there any BIS account changes that need to be made?

I may be trading my 8900 for someone elses curve, but i want to make sure the transaction is smooth
    11-04-09 08:35 AM
    Yep. Wipe, swap your SIM in, and then hit the BIS website and register your IMEI change. Easy.

11-04-09 11:10 AM
    Yep. Wipe, swap your SIM in, and then hit the BIS website and register your IMEI change. Easy.

I'm going to be selling my curve 8900, since i just bought a used bold (on its way)

so i can just register my new bold and it'll release the pin from my 8900?
    11-27-09 07:37 AM
    I'm going to be selling my curve 8900, since i just bought a used bold (on its way)
    I would be interested in your 8900 if you are going to sell it.
    11-27-09 11:05 AM

so i can just register my new bold and it'll release the pin from my 8900?
    Log-in to Rogers BIS, and click "Change Device" from the lefthand menu.

It will transfer the BIS email to the new device.
    11-27-09 11:22 AM
    I would be interested in your 8900 if you are going to sell it.
    I listed it at RFD:

[FS] Blackberry 8900 Curve Factory Unlocked/unbranded $260 shipped! - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
    11-27-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD