So last week my Pearl quit charging on a wall plug in. Took it to Sprint and they ordered me a new one. My new one arrives, take it home and after a lot of pain on the phone with Sprint I take it back to the store b/c the radio won't stay on. They order me another Pearl.

However the girl working the repair center said if that second one doesn't work she'll take care of me. I told her just give me Curve 2 and we'd be good.

So of course now I'm hoping the new Pearl won't work. We'll see. Either way tomorrow I'll have a phone that works.

Been pleased with my customer service. I'll drop Sprint an email and let them know. Who knows maybe they'll give me a discount or something.

Pete
    02-04-10 06:05 PM
    Sounds like you've got it all worked out. Good luck with your phone working AND not working lol.
    02-04-10 11:36 PM
    My experience just says that if you are honest and forthright with your rep, they will take care of you.

My best example is when I was about 1 year through my 2 year contract, I called to see what I had to do to get new phones. I mentioned that if I had to wait until my contract was up, I would gladly wait, look for the best phone, then sign with whatever carrier the phone came with.

It wasn't said rude or threatening. It wasn't a lie. I was willing to extend my current contract an additional 2 years to get a phone I liked. Their response was to make me a Premier customer and due to renew 2 years, not 2 additional years.

In your case, you seem to have done what I would have. "All I ask for is a working phone. If the 3rd time is *NOT* a charm, let me pack up and go." If you are honest and reasonable, any sales rep will get where you are coming from and agree personally. Agreeing professionally seems to be the logical 2nd step.
    02-06-10 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD