Would appreciate any and all guidance. I have a well used & loved Q10 under the Verizon network that suddenly stopped maintaining connection to the network with no apparent cause or reason. It appears to quickly connect enough to receive a couple of texts and emails every few minutes, but will not allow me to make or receive calls. It has been this way for over 24 hours. Sometimes I have the Emergency Calls Only icon with the red exclamation point, other times I have varying amounts of the status bars lit up, including all fully being lit up. But even then, I cannot make/receive calls.

I have tried the following:

*Restarting the phone - many, many times
    *Doing a battery pull - many, many times (sometimes removing the SIM card as well)
    *Toggling Airplane Mode on and off
    *Taking the phone into Verizon where I never seem to get anyone that has a clue about Blackberries. I was told that either my SIM card was bad or that the phone itself was no longer usable. They changed out the SIM card and my state remains the same. They then told me the phone itself was the issue.
    *Searching Crackberry & reading similar experiences for people, but not stumbling on anything that has helped.

I know that there is new OS update, but as far as I know it has not been pushed out by Verizon yet. Although I am willing to try and access it now, I am not knowledgeable on how to do that.

Thank you in advance,
    01-19-16 07:05 PM
    Yes, I received a new Q10 and I am good to go. My biggest regret was wasting a whole day trouble shooting myself after Verizon in store help discouraged me. Am so glad that BigBadWulf above suggested Verizon tech via phone. I had not considered that they would be more helpful than in store AND that they would take initiative to order a replacement phone with me when their suggestions didn't work. I was able to back up before the security wipe which was also a huge blessing with getting my new phone up and running.

What was the end result? Did you get a new Q10? I currently have this same issue and am trying the steps you mentioned above.
    I recommend calling VZW tech support. Be patient but persistent. It will probably take many calls to get to a tech will resolve it, but eventually I'm willing to bet they will.

The stores are virtually useless for support. There's not enough BlackBerry knowledge out there, and they'd be inclined to take the easy path, of having you purchase a phone they're familiar with.

Edit - FYI, dialing 611 "should" work, even in emergency calls only mode
    jdavison and Morty2264 like this.
    01-19-16 08:11 PM
    You also might want to check with Verizon to see if they are having technical difficulties with a tower in your area.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    jdavison likes this.
    01-20-16 04:44 AM
    You need to go to the store and ask for a new sim card.

Posted via CB10
    jdavison likes this.
    01-20-16 06:59 PM
    If you have tried a new sim card and the problem didn't go away it is likely the reader in the phone. I have replaced two Q10s a long time ago because of a similar situation, but I dropped, threw, spilled crap on my phone, the works.. I work in a harsh environment so not knocking the phone BlackBerry stands up the best to my work but if a sim didn't work it's time to grab a new phone. Especially if the problem is everywhere, it's not a Verizon issue, if you go out of town and have signal it's a Verizon issue.

Posted via CB10
    jdavison likes this.
    01-20-16 07:07 PM
    Thanks for all your suggestions - I spent quite awhile on the phone today with VZW tech support and at the end of it they are sending me a new phone tomorrow. Did a full wipe on my phone that didn't correct the problem - so I don't have much to work with for the next day or so. All in all, still better than the "non-help" i got in store.

I knew that it wasn't a tower or local service issue as other Blackberry Verizon customers were good and I didn't have any improvement in any of my travels throughout the day.

I did try a new SIM card yesterday, but that did not help either.
    BigBadWulf, FF22 and Morty2264 like this.
    01-20-16 08:13 PM
    What was the end result? Did you get a new Q10? I currently have this same issue and am trying the steps you mentioned above.
    jdavison likes this.
    01-27-16 04:43 PM
    Yes, I received a new Q10 and I am good to go. My biggest regret was wasting a whole day trouble shooting myself after Verizon in store help discouraged me. Am so glad that BigBadWulf above suggested Verizon tech via phone. I had not considered that they would be more helpful than in store AND that they would take initiative to order a replacement phone with me when their suggestions didn't work. I was able to back up before the security wipe which was also a huge blessing with getting my new phone up and running.

BigBadWulf and Morty2264 like this.
    01-27-16 06:07 PM
    I am so glad that everything worked out for you; and that Verizon's phone tech was more helpful. Glad that your replacement is working! The Q10 I was messing with seems to be okay right now; but at least now, if it happens again, I know going the phone route! Thank you!
    01-28-16 12:27 PM