Alright guys, I've been on these forums reading up in threads, etc. About doing unlocking of this phone. So I finally decided to pull the trigger and buy an any service unlock code from freeyourcellphone.com.

At first they sent me 2 unlock codes for Orange UK, but the phone it self is from France. So they then sent me another 2 codes. (they sent 2 for some reason, like this: Your unlock code is: 1223345 or 1234567889987654)

So after all these tries, I'm now left with 2 Trys!!! I'm very worried as I don't want to brick the phone and don't know what else to do. I have contacted them and told them what happened again, but I wanted to ask you all for help. The only thing that I don't have for the phone is a sim card. I tried it with my roomates at&t card, but the phone wouldn't recognize it

What should I do?

This is their procedure to install the code:
    ***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1 - Go to settings menu => and then Options

2 - Select Advanced options => and then Sim card options

3 - Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)

4 - Type in MEP2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP2)

5 - You should be presented with a prompt y"Enter Network MEP Code".

Type in the unlock code and press enter

Your phone is now permanently unlocked!
    Last edited by J-tec; 02-12-10 at 06:41 PM.
    02-12-10 06:33 PM
    Did you give them the right IMEI? who did you buy it from.
    02-12-10 07:11 PM
    Did you also hold down the alt key while typing in MEPD and MEP2?
    02-12-10 07:14 PM
    Yes I've confirmed many times that I had sent them the right IMEI. I checked the back of the phone, and in the phone itself to make sure the numbers added up correctly. I bought the service from freeyourcellphone.com.

What do you mean by holding alt? are you asking if I was able to get into the right screen to put in the code?
    Here's what I'm looking at:
    Last edited by J-tec; 02-12-10 at 07:22 PM.
    02-12-10 07:16 PM
    try cellunlock.net
    02-12-10 07:21 PM
    Moving this to the Unlocking forum. You should get some better advice here from professional unlockers.
    02-12-10 07:22 PM
    Ah thank you Branta. Sorry about that, didn't know there was a designated forum for it
    02-12-10 07:25 PM
    One other suggestion - in your Phone app, enter the phone number
    *#06#
    That should display the true (internal) IMEI on screen so you can check it.

More likely you got bad codes. We had another case like that recently http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/i-...phones-416648/ where some of our regulars posters were able to check the codes were bogus, and get a valid code.
    02-12-10 09:16 PM
    We can get you the right code guaranteed.
    02-12-10 11:34 PM
    Email us your IMEI at [email protected] and we will check the codes for you Either way we can get the right code for your Blackberry so you don't use up those 2 tries for nothing.
    02-13-10 12:00 AM
    Thank you Branta for your post, I have now confirmed that the IMEI code on my phone is identical to the code I sent them.

Thank you vendors as well for posting up, I've messaged/emailed both of you!
    02-13-10 03:44 AM
    Good to hear.
    02-13-10 11:30 AM
    Thank you Branta for your post, I have now confirmed that the IMEI code on my phone is identical to the code I sent them.

Thank you vendors as well for posting up, I've messaged/emailed both of you!
    You're welcome, you have mail
    02-13-10 11:36 AM
    Alright guys, so here's the final update!

Cell Unlock was able to get me the proper code and my bold is now UNLOCKED! I still have to throw a sim card, but the code was accepted, and the network is disabled

Thanks SOOO much again to Cell Unlock for the huge help. They were professionals and I would recommend them to anyone. As for freeyourcellphone.com, they still haven't responded to my last call for help email. Don't know what's going on with them, but after 2 sets of wrong codes, I don't know what to say about them.

Either way, I would like to thank everyone in this thread for helping me out and pointing me in the right direction. This is why I continue to turn to forums for help before anything else. Thank you all!
    02-13-10 08:01 PM
    Glad we can help! Let us know if you ever have any questions.
    02-14-10 12:01 AM
    Cellunlock, thank you so much again
    02-15-10 11:04 PM
    Cellunlock, thank you so much again
    You're very welcome!
    02-16-10 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD