Hi everyone any help would be appreciated, Ok this is the situation I unlocked my 8830we for verizon to use with tmobile. After placing my sim in the phone and trying to dial a number, it takes me to verizon customer service. For some strange reason it seems as if it's still on the verizon network. Can any one help me please??? Ok I've tried changing the network mode to global and then GSM but I get nothing under GSM, only Global.
    01-05-10 11:19 PM
    This should be posted in the unlocking section, not the 88xx section.

That section is located here: Link

I have no clue on how to unlock a phone myself, but others in that section do.
    01-06-10 11:14 AM
    You can't unlock an 8830 for use on T-Mobile or any North American GSM carrier because the GSM radio in an 8830 only uses European GSM frequencies. It cannot work on US GSM frequencies and cannot be unlocked or modified to do so.
    01-06-10 09:01 PM
    Hi everyone any help would be appreciated, Ok this is the situation I unlocked my 8830we for verizon to use with tmobile. After placing my sim in the phone and trying to dial a number, it takes me to verizon customer service. For some strange reason it seems as if it's still on the verizon network. Can any one help me please??? Ok I've tried changing the network mode to global and then GSM but I get nothing under GSM, only Global.
    The 8830WE devices after being unlocked will ONLY work with European GSM carriers. Sorry.
    01-06-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD